TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you found it :) you are AWESOMER (is that a word?)

LOL sure! Why not??

I was reading that thread and saw she had already been mentioned in 2012, but I think it was passed over. I'm going to email or call the case manager right now. :loveyou: Thank goodness for your memory!

LOL sure! Why not??

I was reading that thread and saw she had already been mentioned in 2012, but I think it was passed over. I'm going to email or call the case manager right now. :loveyou: Thank goodness for your memory!

Just got off the phone with the case manager. She said she's going to check it out but DNA is available for both, so they may have been checked already. Now, I don't know about all that, because we know that people have been ID'd many times with already existing NAMUS entries....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

NICE CATCH, sloane and cd82!!

sloane gets the credit for this one! I'm the messenger. But OMgoodness did my stomach drop when I read the details....blue jacket, crooked teeth....height matches, timeframe matches. If it's not her, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

I have a question, it may have been answered before but not sure. On LEK’s passport application under parents she lists Becky Sue Turner’s parents – Terry and Rosemary. She also lists their birthdates as 3/3/42 and 12/7/42. My question is, how did she know their birthdates if she didn’t know them? I’ve looked at Becky Sue’s birth certificate and her death certificate and neither list their birthdates. Where did she get that info?

I believe she had the years correct, but not the actual birth dates. We talked about it before, I just don't remember where. Some people believe that the "numbers page" found in the notes was her calculation back to determine their birth years.

I am positive I saw a UID on doe nw that had a red IGA GROCERY smock!!!!!!! now I have to go look if anyone has followed this and found the UID feel free to stop me :)

Wow, that would be great if Susan Cappel turns out to be the UID you remember. Did you find the case yet, sloane7777?

BTW, I don't think she is a match for FLEK.

am positive I saw a UID on doe nw that had a red IGA GROCERY smock!!!!!!! now I have to go look if anyone has followed this and found the UID feel free to stop me
GAHHHH!!!!!!
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...iamonds-Dec-82

You are AWESOME, Sloane!

Am I missing something? This UID doesn't have a red IGA smock (though it does seem a good match otherwise). Sloane, did you ever find the Doe entry with the smock that you mentioned?

Back to FLEK, I don't believe she was ever reported missing. I believe we would have found her already if that was the case. Maybe we can search for obituaries of Texas women around the age of FLEK's mother with one living daughter/child? The easiest way she could disappear is if no one was looking for or cared about her, and I think that would be easiest if she had no siblings. Spring/summer seemed to indicate she was living alone with her mom.

Wow, this is such an usual case. Please forgive me because I am only about 10% through the first discussion thread so I don't know if these things I wanted to comment on have already been resolved. I usually wait until I read everything but I am new to this and there are A LOT of posts to go through.

The first thing was regarding the name, and the name coming up multiple times in the family. I have a VERY unusual last name. It's Norwegian. There are (including my family) about 10 of us in Minnesota and MAYBE 20 with this last name in all of America. Yet in my family alone there are 3 Susans (my dad's second wife, his sister and his sister in law) with the last name. So 3/20 people in the whole country have the same name. My first name is Jacqueline and my brother's name is Kevin. I found out by accident (and a few pharmacy errors) that of the 4 in this state that are NOT my family (and they are one other family), one of them is also named Jacquelyn (different spelling) Samelastname AND she also has a brother named Kevin Samelastname. I don't know what on earth the odds of that happening are, especially since our first names are not too common and not Norwegian, but I guess my point is I don't put much stock in the same name in one family thing. It can happen on purpose or a complete fluke.

The other thing, and this is just my opinion, but there was lots of talk about her looking like her husband Blake and the possibility they are related. I still haven't been far enough into it that I understand why she would have done this, just something about wanting to get back into a family but it's just my 2 cents that aside from hair color they look nothing alike. Maybe there are more pictures of the two of them than what I have seen so far, but I don't see any resemblance at all.

ETA: ok I looked again and I'll give you the similarities in the mouth. But as far as the eyes/nose/rest of face I don't see anything similar. I think people are sometimes attracted to people who look a little like them, so I still don't think it's any kind of relation thing.

Anyway, just wanted to post my thoughts. I don't know how long it will take me to get through everything about this case, but I do find it very interesting. Lots to catch up on.

Welcome fizzypop. Glad you decided to join the discussion. It's always great to get some fresh eyes in here.

I may be getting my cases mixed up, and haven't got time to scroll back through the thread, but wasn't this the one where an ex-boyfriend of Lori had identified her and was getting in touch with the police?

I may be getting my cases mixed up, and haven't got time to scroll back through the thread, but wasn't this the one where an ex-boyfriend of Lori had identified her and was getting in touch with the police?

Supposedly.

Hello

The first time I heard of LEK is when I saw her Texas Driver license photograph on the news a few years ago. The photograph looked very familiar to me, but I did not recognize the name. Later that day I showed the broadcast to my wife, she advised the woman’s face did look familiar, but she did not recognize the name either. I quickly forgot about it.

Last week I was googling mysterious crime cases while I had down time at work, and ran across LEK again. The photograph looked familiar to me again so I googled her name. As I read deeper into the case on different websites, I saw the older photograph on the Ohio Driver license. I then realized that LEK was a girl I dated in the spring/summer of 1988. I showed this photograph to my wife, and she recognized her as well. It’s hard to explain how you meet people in life that make an impact on you, and we just take for granted that they are alive and well living somewhere on this earth.
I have contacted investigator Velling VIA telephone/email, and provided the information to him. He has asked additional questions, and I have answered them as well as I could. I feel like her family should be properly notified first. I believe the name I gave him was her real name, because her Mother called her by that name. I will NOT provide that name right now.
Around march/April 1988 I worked at an establishment with LEK in Irving, TX. I was 17, LEK was 21. LEK advised me she was from Northern California, and she was in the area visiting her Mother for a few months. I gave her a ride home one afternoon after work, and picked her up later in the evening to go have dinner.
We dated for around 3 months, and I had the time of my life with her. I want to make it very clear to everyone that she was one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, and a Lady. She was definitely an introvert. I think we hit it off so well because I am an introvert myself. We really didn’t go out in public that much. We did spend a lot of time visiting with each other, watching television together, and cruising. LEK was very smart, and articulate. LEK was always dressed well and her personal hygiene was immaculate. She was also VERY modest. Imagine the smile on her face on that Ohio DL. That was the smile I remember, and she was wearing in quite often. She was an absolute joy to be around.
She didn’t talk much about her past, and I believe it was because she did come from a broken home. I know that she probably didn’t grow up having much. When she saw the house where I lived she, commented that she couldn’t believe I wasn’t “stuck up” like most people that came from that kind of neighborhood. I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood.
It has been 27 years since that spring, and I have thought about her often. I am deeply saddened that she is dead, and it breaks my heart to think about what she was going through when she ended her life. My prayers go out to her husband, and child.
I have no idea why she assumed another identity other than she did have some family issues. She never did go into great detail with me on these issues.
I just wanted to chime in and kind of “take up” for her. The things I have read about her, makes her appear as some time of maniac. I know people change over time, and it appears she was having issues. The LEK I know was not like that at all.
Bumping.

Doesn't appear anything came of this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Doesn't appear anything came of this.

That was less than 2 months ago. I'm still assuming that that guy solved this. There probably won't be any big announcement when her identity is discovered though. Folks here or a journalist will probably find out by asking the detective about it.

If they're pursuing a DNA match, that usually takes 4 months minimum.

That was less than 2 months ago. I'm still assuming that that guy solved this. There probably won't be any big announcement when her identity is discovered though. Folks here or a journalist will probably find out by asking the detective about it.

My assumption would be that her NAMUS listing will disappear once she's ID'd, so maybe we can just keep a heads-up for that.

It'd be a shame though, if several people assumed a random post were true and abandoned ship prematurely.

Not saying that this is the case, but trolls do get off on misleading herds.

The local newspaper in the area that I live close had an article about FLEK because there was someone who thought that one of our missing women in Canada might be her. Velling is quoted as stating that he doesn't think that FLEK was the missing Canadian woman. This was recently. If Velling had already discovered her identity then he would have stated that in the newspaper article.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Inve...ystery+woman+Lori+Kennedy/11165659/story.html

Omg totally missed that post. I really hope it's true! And not trolling!

Still_Seek_Answers had spoken to Velling with Helen Green, so she followed up with Velling (about a month ago) to see if spring/summer1988 contacted him, he has.
I wish spring/summer had given us a name. I'm curious if his old GF was ever reported missing, or if some sleuthing would find her alive and well in Des Moines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member