TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case for about a month, so please forgive me if this has already been proposed. Assuming she was a victim of some heinous crime like the one described that was committed be the Cuban gentleman, would it be far fetched to think that she could have been placed in federal protective custody? I am sure if that were the case though, they would not have used a false birth certificate and indentity from a deceased child, right? or would they? Just a thought.

Seems like if it was the gov't getting her a new identity, they could have just created the paperwork themselves without her having to go through the whole process of requesting a name change from BST to LEK, but IDK for sure. Of course, maybe they just handed her the BST BC and said here ya go, you're Becky now...then she took it upon herself to change it to LEK for whatever reason.

Found articles on a cold case forum (but no links to the original articles) that reference shotgun basis to the side of Becky Ferguson's car and indicate her mother believes she was murdered and has a suspect. Not sure this is Lori

Ok, this is sort of weird. I was looking for more info on Becky Ferguson. There is another missing woman from the same town as BF. Cindy Lawson. There was a ransom, confession and suicide of one of the apparent kidnappers. This is Cindy at the link below. The picture is blurry, but it sort of looks like FLEK to me. Probably isn't, but it caught my attention.

http://www.missingin.org/reg2787/carrie_lawson.htm

I found the original article about BF and I had remembered wrong. The family doesn't think she would have left voluntarily, but they state they heard rumors of witness protection.BF Clip.JPGBF clip2.JPG\

No blood was found...just gunshots and broken jewelry. If she was kidnapped from her home, why would there be gunshots from the outside of the car? The kidnappers would have presumably already been in the car with her. Also, where is the kidnapper's car? Why did they take her car instead of just putting her in their car?

easily , they could have nabbed he as she was getting in her car , would be easier to hop in with her and drive to a secluded spot.

Possible, but just as possible it was staged to make it appear she was kidnapped. And since the kidnappers didn't leave a car at her house, either they got dropped off or walked (unless there is public transportation in Jasper, AL in which case they could have used a bus. I suppose a taxi is possible, but I would hope detectives would have investigated that).

There's not much info to go on, and she wasn't even added to namus until 2010..there is no picture, DNA, dentals, or fingerprints. The road her car was found on, while not an interstate, seems to be a main road vs a tiny back road. I am searching for a picture...hopefully there is one out there somewhere.

What a bizarre case!!
I Just finished reading all the general discussion threads, and I don't really have anything new to add/say that hasn't already been mentioned.
Everyone has good ideas/theories about this mystery :) I am going to read some of the other threads made and see what new information I can gather.

IMO, LEK won't be found in any missing person's database because I feel she was never reported missing.
I don't think she was ever placed in a WPP, either. An investigation wouldn't have needed to have been launched if that was the case. Once she died, she no longer would have needed protection, and the FBI (or whoever is in charge of the program) would have come out and said so.

In the "Photos Only NO DISCUSSION" thread - the name change court document ....

It says in the document "having heard the testimony of the applicant" and "as alleged for the interest and benefit of the said applicant to so change her name and to adopt such other name" ...

It sounds to me like you can't just go in and request a name change, that one must have a legitimate (or seemingly legitimate reason) to change their name in the courts. It's not just paperwork. It sounds like she had to provide testimony in court, and that the judge had to decide. I am Canadian so I am not familiar with the procedures in Texan court.

Does anyone know if there are recorded notes in the court room?

Is there any way to access a court document?

I would be interested in having these questions answered

1) What did BST's testimony say?
2) What was her reasoning for requesting the name change?
3) Why would a name change benefit her?

These questions may not be important, because she could (and probably did) just lie. However, it may give more hints to her origins, and it may start leading us down the right path. People often mix the truth and lies when coming up with a story. Could she have done the same at the court when she changed her name?

TX state law really doesn't require a reason for a name change as long as you aren't a convicted felon, a fugitive, or trying to get out of some kind of debt.

TX state law really doesn't require a reason for a name change as long as you aren't a convicted felon, a fugitive, or trying to get out of some kind of debt.

Interesting. The verbiage of the letter makes it sound like you needed to justify the request in an affidavit and the judge had to decide.

What if she gave up a baby for adoption via a "baby broker"? This one was busted in 1987 and was investigated by Mort Laitner (maybe she misspelled it Laciner??). Says some of the moms tried to find the babies they gave up. Maybe she wanted to contact Laitner? He was in Florida, adopted through Louisiana, and apparently found birth mothers nationwide. Money paid for the baby could have paid for a new identity?

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/29/n...perate-girl-s-case-reveals-shadowy-world.html

The defendant appears to be a fabric restoration company (from fire damage for example).

Good find. I guess unless she had an additional secret life, this is probably someone else. (Although Paul Krake is listed as having once lived in Boise, its probably coincidence!)

I found the name change case but the name was listed as "Beckey Turner". No real additional information on the case. The case # is DC-88-08354.

Abandoned baby cases in 1987:

http://articles.philly.com/1987-01-...tensive-care-unit-charge-of-child-abandonment

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...ALL-GROWN-UP-She-ll-2517783.php#photo-2660363

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ctive-adoptive-parents-diaper-affluent-suburb

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-07-25/news/8703020261_1_baby-pneumonia-broward

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=65a72f59-ef00-4515-8ab1-c6eb6904c2da

The first one was in Pennsylvania.

The second one was in Redwood City, California. I have known people to confuse Redwood and Cedar.

The third one was noted as unusual because the baby was white and the abandonment occurred in a somewhat affluent area as compared to their "usual" abandoned babies. The baby was found next to a redwood planter on Lorraine Rd.

The fourth one was in Florida.

The last one was in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members