TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherwood Park, it's from her resume. Check the "Texas addresses" thread in the forum.

That's interesting that other people have the chiropractic office listed as a home address. It makes me think it must have post office boxes. I guess the next step is to contact one of them and ask?

I checked the resume again and that's not the street address that is it. I just find it strange that those names I listed all have the same address as FLEK at one point, yet we don't have any paper work where FLEK wrote that as her address.

I wonder how people's online profiles end up with these addresses? I'm sometimes skeptical of the information found on these websites.

I'm full of questions now because some of the other names associated with those who shared that address with FLEK were also in New Mexico at one point, Las Vegas, and North Hollywood. These were areas of interest closer to the beginning of these threads.

One of them lived in the same area in Hawaii as T. Turner and Stalder's son. Could be an army base, or an area where lots of armed forces staff lived at one point, who knows.

Apologies, Sherwood Park, apparently the Irving address was listed under her name on ancestry.com. The info is the Texas Addresses thread.

I've been away from thus case for a while, so S/S' info is new to me. Taking it into account, I think it's a possibility that LE'S mother passed away in late May or early June of 1988. Her death was the catalyst for the identity change. She also told S/S that she was 21 in 1988, which would make her DOB 1967. Two questions I would have had for him while he was here are:

Does he remember LEK's birthday?

How would his current wife recognize LEK, as well? Were they all coworkers/acquaintances, or has the wife just seen pictures?

I have spent a good portion of the night reviewing death records and obits for Irving in 1988. I also reverse addressed all LEK's old addresses to see if any of the names listed as past tenants were repeated (no luck.) I discovered a few rabbit trails to follow, but no sure leads.

I just googled Lori R Kennedy and found a website where people were commenting about this story. One poster by the name of Truthseeker10101 posted nine days ago claiming she was identified two years ago and stated that she was running for a good reason, nothing sinister and asked that people stop speculating about her. I posted link to the website but it must be one WS doesn't allow links to. I then googled the name Truthseeker10101 to see if anything came up and another comment popped up from forum about real estate in Bangalore. No insight as to who Truthseeker10101 is and how they know this info, if it is indeed true.

. With the publicity this has gotten, I’ve often wondered if this case was already solved but the public wasn’t told. This all came about because she had committed social security fraud, so really there isn’t a reason the investigator would need to alert the public about her real identity, it would be the social security administration that needed that info. If she was identified the Ruffs are probably aware of it and have just chosen not to share the info with the public. Whatever the case, I would really like to know just out of curiosity who she really was.

Her Namus page is still there, and if I'm not mistaken, someone spoke to Velling about whether or not Spring/Summer88 had contacted him or not.

It's either a troll, or someone who knew Lori as Lori and doesn't like all the hypothesis we come up with. MOO

Is Velling really going to tell a random person what is going on though? He doesn’t have to answer to the public and I don’t see why he would waste his time reassuring random people that the case is still ongoing? Also, anyone know how often Namus is updated?

Is Velling really going to tell a random person what is going on though? He doesn’t have to answer to the public and I don’t see why he would waste his time reassuring random people that the case is still ongoing? Also, anyone know how often Namus is updated?
I don't think it was a random person. It was a poster who had spoken to him about another case.

And yes....I do think he would say. Isn't he the one who asked for help to begin with? He doesn't have to tell who she was identified as....but merely that the case was closed.

I think NAMUS updates within a reasonable time frame. Two years is a stretch. Plus, if "truthseeker" was correct, then when Spring/Summer88 spoke with Velling, I'm sure he would have told him that the case was closed. Instead, he said Velling took his info and asked him questions. When the poster asked Velling if Spring/Summer88 contacted him, the reply was "yes." So.....Velling and S/S seem to be on the same page. Where does that leave "Truthseeker?"

Out of respect for Velling's professional integrity, I would have to say, yes he would tell us that the case has been solved. True, he wouldn't have to tell us what he found out, but at minimum he would inform the public the case was solved.

I doubt Velling would lie to our RCMP and not inform them the case was already solved.

As for the post by Truthseeker10101, here it is,
"Please leave the Ruff family alone. Lori Ruff was identified two years ago. Give the family and Lori's daughter some privacy and peace. Lori Ruff created a new identity for herself because she had a very real need to do that. She was not a criminal. Websleuths has made the Ruff family crazy with the bogus theories and sick accusations."

This being my first post I'll say hello to all
I'm don't know how to do this sleuthing thing, so I just look and read
Having been a truckdriver since 82, I think someday I'll recognize someone on these pages
I'm particularly stuck on this case due to stopping at exit 599 Longview 4 times a week fueling and eating
I think I can say in regards to truthseekers post, that websleuths has not aggravated the Ruff family or made them crazy, from what I've read anyway, which is every post, unless I missed something
Keep up the good and interesting work, I'll be lookin here to see how it's going

Good luck
PLOWBOY

Woops, I ment to agree on the troll part

I asked S/S very nicely if he could post a picture. He quickly became indignant and is now nowhere to be seen. To claim special knowledge of a case, then reveal nothing that can be checked out is to me the pattern of behavior of a troll. In total he gave us 1) A place where they worked together, that he did not name, 2) A house her mother lived in, now torn down, and 3) Pictures that no one has seen.
If he wanted to protect her privacy then why post on the forum at all in the first place? He had to know that questions would be asked.
If S/S was not a troll, he sure did a good impression of one. I have not expressed this opinion before, hoping he'd be back with more to say.

Whoever claimed that FLEK's identity was found two years ago is likely also trolling. If her ID was known, her NAMUS file would be gone. They can certainly remove it and not reveal the name.
Trolls can be very convincing (Delia Cly, cough cough) but don't pass the sniff test for long. No one will be happier than me if I am wrong, and if I am I will apologize on this forum.

Let's move on, keep sleuthing.......

If he wanted to protect her privacy then why post on the forum at all in the first place?

He told us why: he came here to defend someone he thought was a nice, sweet, normal person who's had all kinds of wild accusations thrown at her in this forum. He said that he was worried about her daughter reading all of this someday.

Doesn't sound like troll behavior to me.

Also, what troll would call up a government agent and lie to him just to back up some internet forum posts?

He told us why: he came here to defend someone he thought was a nice, sweet, normal person who's had all kinds of wild accusations thrown at her in this forum. He said that he was worried about her daughter reading all of this someday.

Doesn't sound like troll behavior to me.

Also, what troll would call up a government agent and lie to him just to back up some internet forum posts?
I am not sure what those accusations are. Most on this forum agree that FLEK was not a bad person, but had problems and issues that led her to take her own life. If she had done anything very bad she probably would have come to the attention of LE in her former life, and she never got into trouble as FLEK.

My late father in law, a wizened old Baptist minister, had a saying when he was skeptical of a claim made with no real backing. In his drawl he would say "Weeeeeel, I once saw a cow climb a tree. Come with me and I'll show you the tree."
If he indeed did contact Agent Velling, then let's see one of those pix, or the address of FLEK's mother. What earthly harm could it do? We could then devote our energies to other cases.

At best, S/S will help solve the case. At worst, he is a troll who enjoys kicking our ant hill and watching us ants run in circles. Maybe he is simply mistaken. But not a single piece of information he volunteered was specific enough to be checked out. And this is Websleuths, it is what we do (that, and speculating in every case that someone was escaping an abusive relationship or a cult).

Tarheel, I hope he is for real but if he ain't a Trollasaurus I owe you a six pack.

I am not sure what those accusations are. Most on this forum agree that FLEK was not a bad person, but had problems and issues that led her to take her own life. If she had done anything very bad she probably would have come to the attention of LE in her former life, and she never got into trouble as FLEK.

My late father in law, a wizened old Baptist minister, had a saying when he was skeptical of a claim made with no real backing. In his drawl he would say "Weeeeeel, I once saw a cow climb a tree. Come with me and I'll show you the tree."
If he indeed did contact Agent Velling, then let's see one of those pix, or the address of FLEK's mother. What earthly harm could it do? We could then devote our energies to other cases.

At best, S/S will help solve the case. At worst, he is a troll who enjoys kicking our ant hill and watching us ants run in circles. Maybe he is simply mistaken. But not a single piece of information he volunteered was specific enough to be checked out. And this is Websleuths, it is what we do (that, and speculating in every case that someone was escaping an abusive relationship or a cult).

Tarheel, I hope he is for real but if he ain't a Trollasaurus I owe you a six pack.

I've got some fine Belgian beer chilling in the fridge.

Well, S/S said that he worked with LEK at an establishment. They were 17 and 21. He said that he took her home in the "afternoon" after work. There's a whole thread for addresses that has them listed. The only Irving one is 1111 W. Airport Fwy #147.

Maybe they were counsellors at a day camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very exciting to hear about this new lead! Would love to hear more if anymore shareable info comes to light. It's sad to think that information that would make most of us think "Oh, that's interesting" could have seemed so much larger than life to Lori.

S/S1988 first came on here to post their 'claim' on May 20th..... their last visit, according to their profile was June 12th. If those dates mean anything to his/her credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member