TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. I follow Lyle Stevik too and there's a lot of action on his case but no match so far. Soon I hope.

I don't see that the two would necessarily be related. If it is Ancestry.com or another commercial DNA company, I suppose the results would belong to the family and they are under no obligation to reveal the match. If it is CODIS I have no idea if the match would have to be revealed or not.
BTW, I got an Ancestry.com DNA test for Christmas, and I got matches from both my mother's and father's known relatives. I am exactly who I thought I was.
It is far far broader than CODIS, which only matches DNA to a few specific groups. It needs to be used more in UID cases.
what an awesome idea for a Christmas present!

I was the one who first saw the TT resemblance and then carlK I believe morphed the photos. So I have very mixed feelings on this and am not sure I have any remaining theories on this anymore. There are several missing young women on this thread that bear a good resemblance. One in particular has ears that IMO match identically. I can't remember which one that was. I have also long thought that FLEK lived under several identities. There was just too much of a gap from 1988 on til when she met Blake. And we never knew how well that resume was vetted. So I am giving more credence to the new information being accurate. I also believe that based on ss1988's info to investigators, they found out that the "real name" he/she was giving them turned out to not be her real name and they began tracing back from there to find multiple identities and had more luck than we did with the BST tracing. In any event, my capacity for sticking to any theories at all is gone. So, here's a new proposal. No more theories.

This young lady has been jumping out at me based on the new information if it is accurate. In addition, she was listed in NAMUS 7 (seven) days before FLEK committed suicide even though she had been missing since 1978. I'd like to know more about who/how she came to be listed right before the suicide. WHO was NAMUS' source on that? Not to sound "out there", but if this was a pre planned suicide, did she want to make sure someone eventually figured out who she was? I believe that there will not be an announcement other than that she "has been identified" and someone's NAMUS profile will disappear shortly thereafter. SANDRA HOPLER.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 56
what an awesome idea for a Christmas present!
Every Christmas present should have some element of surprise, and this one did; I am light completed with blue eyes and dark blond hair. Over 99% European, but a tiny amount of .........Polynesian! I have no idea of how or who. But logic and looking at the ethnic breakdown of matches can eventually pin it down. Maybe an English sailor brought a bride back from Tahiti, I dunno. Roots of one branch of my ancestry go back hundreds of years in Lancashire.
Anyway, if LE uses this kind of DNA testing and works with forensic genealogists, many of these cases, some many decades old, will be solved.

I think it is pretty safe to say that FLEK was mentally ill, especially toward the end. She knew her marriage to Blake was over and she maybe felt she would not have gotten custody of her daughter if she were on psychotropic meds.

The thing about paranoid schizophrenia is that it makes the person want to be anyone other than themselves and want to make changes to their appearance. Let me personalize it because my niece was diagnosed with it when she was 18. She stopped going to high school 2 months before graduation. Got a GED later on after being on meds and quit college after being convinced that everyone on campus was following her. She had never committed a crime that we know of but would panic if she saw a police car. She would be convinced they were after her. She had to be hospitalized. Now that she is older, she is doing somewhat better because her meds were changed and are changed periodically.

My points are that she wanted to be anyone other than herself. She wanted to look different. She was convinced everyone was after her. If she were off her meds, I can see her walking the perimeter of the property like Flek did to assure herself she was safe within those confines. She has stated more than once she just wished she were dead rather than not be normal like "everyone else". FLEK committed suicide.

The odd thing is that none of these things affect intelligence. She is very intelligent and FLEK seemed to be. FLEK couldn't have graduated college if she weren't somewhat intelligent. Oh, and there is the religious inclination. My niece was the same.

My deepest sympathies are with the diagnosed mentally ill. It must be excruciating to have those thoughts in your head and to long to just be 'normal'.

FLEK committed Identity Fraud but not to hurt anyone else, IMO. It might have been to just escape from herself and in doing that she attempted to be normal. To have associated with family or past friends would be to live that associated illness. To be among strangers she could be a different person.

Sorry for the long post. I just have a feeling her birth family should know what has come of her. I may be completely wrong about the paranoid schizophrenia.

JMO

Really random but I'd like to discuss Lori's nose...

It really is very crooked to one side, yet I have read here that she had a nose job at some point. Do we know when that was and was it to correct the crookedness? How did it get that bent in the first place?

It really is very crooked to one side, yet I have read here that she had a nose job at some point. Do we know when that was and was it to correct the crookedness? How did it get that bent in the first place?

I think that can happen from wearing glasses/sunglasses too soon after surgery as the weight can cause shifting, or if she didn't wear the splint/cast long enough in the first place. Also, for several weeks after any minor nose injury can result in major shifting as the bones haven't fully healed yet.

I think that can happen from wearing glasses/sunglasses too soon after surgery as the weight can cause shifting, or if she didn't wear the splint/cast long enough in the first place. Also, for several weeks after any minor nose injury can result in major shifting as the bones haven't fully healed yet.

So how old was she when she apparently had the surgery? I had always thought (when I read of the nose job) that it was done to correct the bent nose. But was it bent as a result of the surgery?

The nose job was just a guess, not a fact like the breast implants. This can happen from an accident but also when you have a nose job and are not careful after surgery. The nose is very pliable and continues to set even after the bandages are off. Most people don't realize that post op follow up, that sometimes can include a second surgery, is very important and never visit the doctor after the bandages are off.

The nose job was just a guess, not a fact like the breast implants. This can happen from an accident but also when you have a nose job and are not careful after surgery. The nose is very pliable and continues to set even after the bandages are off. Most people don't realize that post op follow up, that sometimes can include a second surgery, is very important and never visit the doctor after the bandages are off.

Aha, so we don't know for sure she had one! I'd guess not then, I think her nose has probably been damaged at some point in life. No surgeon would let somebody walk round with a nose that crooked, no patient would pay for surgery and be happy with it left like that.

Unless it's proven that she did indeed have a nose job I would guess it happened in an accident or act of violence.

I don't think it's crooked in the Idaho ID but later. She was seeing a chronic pain MD so my guess is she had an accident that caused the crooked nose while in TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 99% sure that she had a nose job based on her pics alone. Sometimes the nose is straight after surgery but over time, shifts to one side if the structures of the nose shift or change. It is not uncommon at all. Some people elect to have a second surgery but some do not, for fear of making it worse or just not wanting to have surgery again.

Given we know she had breast implants, she was no stranger to plastic surgery so it wouldn't be unusual at all for her to have had a nose job. I would not assume it was done for anything other than cosmetic reasons,

I am 99% sure that she had a nose job based on her pics alone. Sometimes the nose is straight after surgery but over time, shifts to one side if the structures of the nose shift or change. It is not uncommon at all. Some people elect to have a second surgery but some do not, for fear of making it worse or just not wanting to have surgery again.

Given we know she had breast implants, she was no stranger to plastic surgery so it wouldn't be unusual at all for her to have had a nose job. I would not assume it was done for anything other than cosmetic reasons,

Well if she did it was a bad nose job. I'm not convinced.

One thing I think about a lot is that around tbe time she became BST, and the 402 months, is that the war on drug sentencing went into effect. I wonder if it's possible she turned someone in, or even testified against someone and felt the need to run. Not to stereotype too severely here, but often girls who work as exotic dancers can tell you about the intermingling of drugs and dancing. Could also explain the nose crookedness. And another thing I read, is that people who have been sentenced to drug crimes are one of the highest groups to manipulate their fingerprints by cutting/chemical methods and that even a cut down the middle of a finger can result in automatic programs not returning a hit on fingerprints. Drugs or not I wonder if this is something should have done to further hide her identity if she was worried about fingerprints linking her to her past.

Looks to me as if she had rhinoplasty and the bandages came off too quickly.

*Way earlier I had thought she may have been beaten and then had plastic surgery. That would not account for her breast implants, though. Was she really a dancer in Dallas? If she was, the plastic surgery might have been to improve her appearance.

JMO

In one pic the light is shining on her forehead and looks as if (to me) she may have a plate of some sort. I have actually met someone who did have to have a plate in the forehead after a horrible, horrible accident. Of course she could have been badly beaten as well. That would not have been uncommon if she were an exotic dancer, IMO.

*She could have had a deviated septum also and had the surgery for that. We are all guessing here.

*Plastic surgery could have changed her appearance so much we may not even recognize a 'before' or 'missing' picture.

Is there a link that I am missing that says she had a nose job specifically? I know it's been speculated, and we know she had breast implants, but was there confirmation of other work done? (This isn't directed at you specifically)

Is there a link that I am missing that says she had a nose job specifically? I know it's been speculated, and we know she had breast implants, but was there confirmation of other work done? (This isn't directed at you specifically)

Nope, tiffay. It is pure speculation. We only know about the breast implants via Velling.

As I recall LEK was dancing in her younger years at - at least one topless bar / men's club. That is a tough environment for any young lady.

My suspicions about the appearance of her nose has always been that she had it broken. Either by an abusive boyfriend or maybe a car accident.

Nope, tiffay. It is pure speculation. We only know about the breast implants via Velling.

Phew ok thank you, I thought with as quickly as this thread is moving lately I missed a link somewhere :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member