TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also came across this as well during my search, not sure what it means. There was also a Charla S Maxton who lived at (note difference in address here) 711 El Caballo Dr, Boise, ID. However, there is no 711 El Caballo Dr. It shows she lived there from June 1, 1996 thru Jun 1, 2001. Another record for her shows an address of 1403 Eldorado St, Boise, ID which is right down the street from the El Caballo Drive house. I believe she may have gotten divorced, as she has a son named C Maxton as well. The interesting tie in here, is that her grandfather's name is Paul KENNEDY and he died in 2012.

ETA: PK was born in Spokane WA.

I also came across this as well during my search, not sure what it means. There was also a Charla S Maxton who lived at (note difference in address here) 711 El Caballo Dr, Boise, ID. However, there is no 711 El Caballo Dr. It shows she lived there from June 1, 1996 thru Jun 1, 2001. Another record for her shows an address of 1403 Eldorado St, Boise, ID which is right down the street from the El Caballo Drive house. I believe she may have gotten divorced, as she has a son named C Maxton as well. The interesting tie in here, is that her grandfather's name is Paul KENNEDY and he died in 2012.

ETA: PK was born in Spokane WA.
Were you thinking Charla might be FLEK? I found her on social media (under a different last name but clearly same person) and she is still alive.

I found something interesting as it relates to the Barkers or sort of. Spokeo has a listing for the address 7101 W El Caballo Dr, Boise, ID for a B**** Eelma. Cross referencing that with Family History Search I came up with a Brigit Eelma who lived at that address from June 1, 1997 thru January 1, 2004. The entry right below shows that Brigit Eelma lived in Nevada Missouri from January 1, 2001 thru March 1, 2001. Why that is interesting is because Mrs. Barker was a member of PEO, according to her obituary. PEO has a college in (you guessed it) Nevada Missouri. So, it would seem to me with the help of Mrs. Barker, Brigit took a semester of college at the PEO college. Brigit lived 6 blocks from the college at that time. 12 minutes walking distance.

With that said...did FLEK also attend college there?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Interesting. I just finished looking at Nevada, MO because there was a Lori Kennedy who played high school basketball there and a black and white photo in the newspaper (google news) that slightly resembled FLEK. I searched for yearbooks to find other pictures and could not, however I DID find the Lori Kennedy from Nevada, MO and she is alive an well on posting on social media currently. She married and has several kids and there's no doubt from her photos she is the same person I found in the newspaper. But this connection between that address and the tiny town of Nevada, MO has me wondering...what if FLEK knew this REAL Lori Kennedy from high school or from reading about her in the newspaper and that is why she chose the name? The real Lori Kennedy is tall and her height was given in the newspaper article I read as being about the same height as FLEK.

Re-reading the posts from Spring/Summer1988 left me with more questions than answers.

1. How did the man's WIFE meet FLEK when he dated FLEK at the age of 17. Are we to assume the then future wife met her too? He makes it sound as if they stayed home a lot and avoided going out/being social. So did this man's future wife happen to work in the same business to have met FLEK?

2. They worked together at "an establishment" in Irving. Lori's Irving Address was 1111 W. Airport Dr. #147, Irving, Texas. "This comes back as a Pain and Accidental Injury Chiropractic center that has been in business for 21 years"--quote credit from CindyTX on the Texas addresses thread. So did they work at that pain clinic? I wonder. We've been assuming she had some kind of injury but maybe her employer loaned her money and she failed to pay him back?

3. Did anyone else catch that he said "Ohio drivers' license" and not Idaho? Probably just a unintentional slip. On the one hand it lends credibility that he got a detail wrong--it makes it more believable that he is not a troll. A troll would have studied the case to make up a more believable story, IMO. On the other hand, if you go back a few pages in the thread people had been discussing her possible connection to Ohio. So maybe he didn't get anything wrong and he wanted to leave a clue? Hmmm...

4. What we learn about her mother (if we take his words as factual): Her mother was new to the Dallas area and in poor health in 1988. Her parents were likely divorced/separated. She did not come from money and possibly the mother's house was small/in bad shape as it has since been torn down/is no longer there today. It was a HOUSE though and not an apartment. What causes someone to move to a new city when their health is declining? In my experience, either they move to be with family or they move to be closer to a dr/treatment/save money on living expenses. So an alternate theory on the money she owed to the dr--could it be medical debt related to her mother's care? Do they hold family members responsible for medical bills after someone passes away? Does anyone know?

5. He drove her home from work then came back later in the evening to pick her up for dinner dates. This implies a 9-5 type business schedule. We have been picturing her as everything from a dancer to a waitress, neither of which keep regular hours. Even a retail store (such as the dress shop located near the mockingbird lane address) would require closing shifts. So what businesses near her address closed by dinner time?

Were you thinking Charla might be FLEK? I found her on social media (under a different last name but clearly same person) and she is still alive.

No, I was thinking along the lines of a safe house for battered women. Maybe not. I was also thinking maybe a Kennedy relative perhaps?

No, I was thinking along the lines of a safe house for battered women. Maybe not. I was also thinking maybe a Kennedy relative perhaps?

ETA: She was married to a Jerry Lee Maxton who died in 1997. Not sure how many children maybe involved. I found at least 1.

Re-reading the posts from Spring/Summer1988 left me with more questions than answers.

1. How did the man's WIFE meet FLEK when he dated FLEK at the age of 17. Are we to assume the then future wife met her too? He makes it sound as if they stayed home a lot and avoided going out/being social. So did this man's future wife happen to work in the same business to have met FLEK?

2. They worked together at "an establishment" in Irving. Lori's Irving Address was 1111 W. Airport Dr. #147, Irving, Texas. "This comes back as a Pain and Accidental Injury Chiropractic center that has been in business for 21 years"--quote credit from CindyTX on the Texas addresses thread. So did they work at that pain clinic? I wonder. We've been assuming she had some kind of injury but maybe her employer loaned her money and she failed to pay him back?

3. Did anyone else catch that he said "Ohio drivers' license" and not Idaho? Probably just a unintentional slip. On the one hand it lends credibility that he got a detail wrong--it makes it more believable that he is not a troll. A troll would have studied the case to make up a more believable story, IMO. On the other hand, if you go back a few pages in the thread people had been discussing her possible connection to Ohio. So maybe he didn't get anything wrong and he wanted to leave a clue? Hmmm...

4. What we learn about her mother (if we take his words as factual): Her mother was new to the Dallas area and in poor health in 1988. Her parents were likely divorced/separated. She did not come from money and possibly the mother's house was small/in bad shape as it has since been torn down/is no longer there today. It was a HOUSE though and not an apartment. What causes someone to move to a new city when their health is declining? In my experience, either they move to be with family or they move to be closer to a dr/treatment/save money on living expenses. So an alternate theory on the money she owed to the dr--could it be medical debt related to her mother's care? Do they hold family members responsible for medical bills after someone passes away? Does anyone know?

5. He drove her home from work then came back later in the evening to pick her up for dinner dates. This implies a 9-5 type business schedule. We have been picturing her as everything from a dancer to a waitress, neither of which keep regular hours. Even a retail store (such as the dress shop located near the mockingbird lane address) would require closing shifts. So what businesses near her address closed by dinner time?

My Grandfather passed away in Texas 5 years ago. He had hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical debts when he died. I was told by my Dad that the State of Texas excused the debt for my Grandmother. I can call her tomorrow morning for more details.

Generally, another person is not responsible for another's debts unless they personally signed for them, including medical. As to medical, if you are a spouse it may be different depending on health insurance requirements and estate responsibilities.

As to the Ohio slip. I'm from Ohio and in this case, I would have very easily slipped and typed Ohio instead of Idaho by accident.

Today, many establishments/businesses have evening hours or are open 24 hours. However, back in 1988 I remember that everything in town closed up at 5 or 6 p.m. Except the local K-marts and fast food was open til 11. We live in a different time. Most jobs WERE more likely 9 to 5 back then.

Oh my Goodness~~I have to stop looking for a while, so many missing are starting to look like FLEK to me. :(

I thought I would post another picture. It looks as though in the early Idaho picture, FLEK may have a small band-aid or suture bandage (I'm not a medical person..LOL) on her chin and cheek. Looks like the scars may still be there when she was older.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-scars.jpg
    Capture-scars.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Capture-More Scars.jpg
    Capture-More Scars.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 315
It was kind of a joke but not at the same time... The tea shop owner told me it was her mom . There is a story there but I never had time to follow up. One sister owned it then gifted it to her sister... They are not from Texas originally... The resemblance in that pic to FLEK caught me off guard when I first saw it. Grapevine is very very close to the airport and some of her given addresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some sleuthing of the tea shop owner and her sister and I'm reasonably sure there is no connection between them and Idaho. It appears their parents were both Mexican immigrants. The resemblance to FLEK makes me think that we should consider that her identity theft had no major dramatic backstory at all. Maybe it was as simple as FLEK's parents brought her to the US illegally as a child or they were here illegally and didn't report her birth for fear of being deported. Maybe both her parents died around 1988 and then she found she needed a SS# and birth record to work and go to school. Maybe she hooked up with some network of people giving people in her situation a new identity. I wish we at least had an analysis of her DNA to see if there was any indication where her family originated. Have we heard whether she spoke any foreign languages at all?

Thank you for the link! Did he ever come back after those posts? Was there ever a point where people began to suspect him or does everyone still think he's mostly on the level?

He only ever made those 10 posts and then left. I think most the posters supported him and believed him for this reason. Most trolls will spend more time and effort arguing, IME. I personally think he really knew her but I have doubts about the details of his story.

Can anyone remind me what the connection was between FLEK and the word "cedar"? Was this a username she had online? Also is there a list of her usernames and email accounts or are we allowed to list them here? TIA!

Can anyone remind me what the connection was between FLEK and the word "cedar"? Was this a username she had online? Also is there a list of her usernames and email accounts or are we allowed to list them here? TIA!

Some of this is included here:

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...ruff-social-security-investigation-file-17574

Scroll down, and under "Responsive Documents", click "view".

The Yahoo email addresses mentioned there are mailtoruff(at)yahoo.com and txscheduler(at)yahoo.com.

Also, see the below page for references to Cedar:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3)-*General-Discussion-and-Theories*-3/page87

There was also a phone number attached to the account. I ran the number through spydialer and it came back to somebody else; and spydialer could not get the voicemail message to pick up. I can only assume the number has probably been reassigned elsewhere by now.

He only ever made those 10 posts and then left. I think most the posters supported him and believed him for this reason. Most trolls will spend more time and effort arguing, IME. I personally think he really knew her but I have doubts about the details of his story.

I know what you mean about trolls, but reading his dodges to questions, it still felt trollish to me. I'm usually pretty good at detecting BS. Sometimes the ones who seem squirrelly, trollish, or mental to many seem to me to have a ring of truth and vice versa. But not this time.

Sometimes I wish there was a way for these folks who show up to be isolated and questioned by a single someone rather than everyone in the thread asking random questions.

I know what you mean about trolls, but reading his dodges to questions, it still felt trollish to me. I'm usually pretty good at detecting BS. Sometimes the ones who seem squirrelly, trollish, or mental to many seem to me to have a ring of truth and vice versa. But not this time.

Sometimes I wish there was a way for these folks who show up to be isolated and questioned by a single someone rather than everyone in the thread asking random questions.

I know, something seemed off to me as well. What seemed the most off to me was how emotional he said he was over her death and how protective he was of her reputation. He capitalized the word "Mother" when referring to her. It makes me think he could be someone who knew her more recently like her husband or a friend of the Ruffs. A recent friend would be more motivated to join a message board, defend her and then leave it alone. His intense mourning of her is just strange if knew her 22 years ago. I can think of a few people I dated 20 plus years ago who I had great brief relationships with and have not had any contact with them since. If I suddenly found out tomorrow they had died I would not be so broken up. I might think it was sad they died and we never reconnected but I'm not going to mourn. This poster presented as a man (dated FLEK and had a wife) but was very emotional and used emotional language men don't use as often, imo.

Like I said, he is a she.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of this is included here:

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...ruff-social-security-investigation-file-17574

Scroll down, and under "Responsive Documents", click "view".

The Yahoo email addresses mentioned there are mailtoruff(at)yahoo.com and txscheduler(at)yahoo.com.

Also, see the below page for references to Cedar:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3)-*General-Discussion-and-Theories*-3/page87

There was also a phone number attached to the account. I ran the number through spydialer and it came back to somebody else; and spydialer could not get the voicemail message to pick up. I can only assume the number has probably been reassigned elsewhere by now.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member