TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a bit of an update on my digging into of the Clark County, NV marriage record we found earlier of BST to RWB. I never found out what happened to the BST that married RWB. She disappears into thin air after living with him at the first address in 1989. But there are some strange things about their addresses I wanted to get some opinions on. For one thing the address they supposedly lived together at in 1989 does not exist. It's apartments today but the apartment have a different number and there is just a blank piece of land there on google maps. Possible they tore down the house to build the apartment complex, but IDK.

Second, RWB had a second address in 1989 at the same time he was supposedly living with BST in the house that doesn't exist today. That second address is the address of a hotel. So what I want to know is, in another thread I read that scam artists used to use hotel addresses to get their mail forwarded or something...I'm not sure how this works or what someone would have to have sent to a hotel to get the address put down as public record of their having lived there. I know someone can technically live in a hotel but I feel like something is off about this person living in a hotel and having a home address at the same time in the same city.

Third, another strange thing is that his first name is used with BST's last name on the public records for that house that doesn't exist. Like he took her name after marriage instead of her taking his. It's only reported the one place and then he goes back to using his own surname. This could just be some weird error in recording his name on the public record or something but it's so strange.

Fourth by 1994 he is married to a different woman and living in an upper middle class house that was build in 1991. Well call this 2nd wife K. K married 6 times and RWB was her 5th husband. I found this K alive, sort of. She is list in an obituary in 2013 for her 6th husband's family. I'm being very vague so as to not talk about a living person by name but K has had quite an unusual life and I have a copy of her handwriting from one of her marriage records. She got married twice in Washington state. He handwriting is not an exact match to the note writer but it is very close and has some similarities that were hard to ignore. I hope it's okay if I post a comparison in another post. I really think this person could be related to FLEK or the note writer or both.

attachment.php
The parts from the note are the top and the bottom and the middle writing is from a marriage record. It's purposely cropped so there is no identifying info. I don't think this is an exact match because of the the difference in J's in the word Jackson. But the word Manchester was so similarly written, with a mix of upper and lower case letters I had to get some opinions. I spent several days thinking this might actually be FLEK in this marriage record but that was before I deduced the note was likely written by someone else. I'm leaning towards this being her sister or another family member. I can't find any pictures of K however or any social media. Her married name is too common.

PS, the above address does not exist so I'm not giving away the name of the person by posting. The street exists but it only goes to 3 digits.

Attachments

• manchester.jpg
    manchester.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 194
I am having another incomplete thought ....... am inundated with drawing diagrams for medical classes, so I have meditation time available. ;)

I am not sure how relevant this is, but something tells me that FLEK had been going by the name Becky Sue and or Lori Kennedy for about 6 months to a year before requesting Becky's birth certificate. I am leaning more towards the Lori one and the BST was a way through.

So there's a theory FLEK didn't write the note page but kept it because someone who was sentimental to her wrote it? That's really something to think about! I still have some old notes and scrap paper from the 1980s that my late parents wrote, things like grocery lists, phone numbers, notes to themselves or to me. If my identity were unknown, those notes wouldn't be much use in trying to determine my identity except that the phone numbers would link me to my hometown.

So there's a theory FLEK didn't write the note page but kept it because someone who was sentimental to her wrote it? That's really something to think about! I still have some old notes and scrap paper from the 1980s that my late parents wrote, things like grocery lists, phone numbers, notes to themselves or to me. If my identity were unknown, those notes wouldn't be much use in trying to determine my identity except that the phone numbers would link me to my hometown.

You can see my comparison of the handwriting on the last page of the Notes thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215620-The-Note-Page/page15
It's also in this thread but this thread moves so fast it got buried.

I am having another incomplete thought ....... am inundated with drawing diagrams for medical classes, so I have meditation time available. ;)

I am not sure how relevant this is, but something tells me that FLEK had been going by the name Becky Sue and or Lori Kennedy for about 6 months to a year before requesting Becky's birth certificate. I am leaning more towards the Lori one and the BST was a way through.

I've had this thought before as well. She might have been using these names without the official paperwork to back it up. Interestingly, in researching the BST who married RWB I came across another BSB who died as an infant. Could she have tried to steal another identity under that married name? Or is it all just a coincidence?

I found a home in Grandview, MO with that address. Grandview is located in Jackson county MO.

Great work Gardener, I agree the writings do not appear to be from the same person. Such a fascinating case. Her poor daughter, not only did her mother commit suicide, no one knew/knows who she really was.

I found a home in Grandview, MO with that address. Grandview is located in Jackson county MO.

Oh, impressive searching skills you have there. That was K's father's address. The marriage was in Washington State. The first line asks for her address. The second line asks for the county/state where born. Since the marriage was in Washington I assumed incorrectly that was a Washington address. The city is not named on the record.

You can see my comparison of the handwriting on the last page of the Notes thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215620-The-Note-Page/page15
It's also in this thread but this thread moves so fast it got buried.

I've read your comparisons and I'm not convinced that she didn't write it all, and here is why...
I decided to look at something random that I wrote as a page of notes, just to see if my jotting down displays consistency.
I just happened to grab a notebook that I use to scribble case notes on when I'm listening to a podcast or watching a documentary or reading here, etc.
I found that I often make the same letters in different ways when I'm sloppily writing along, not paying attention to how it looks because it's for my eyes only. I decided to check out a page of notes my husband made on a repair he was making on his bike and found he jotted notes the same way, with inconsistent letters and even numbers.
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think it's common during sloppy note taking.
Here's my example...pardon the coffee stain and horrible penmanship!
image.jpg

I think that is a real possibility. Maybe her ex or close friend. I do think the writing looks masculine. Somebody mentioned a little earlier maybe she is on the run after killing someone. Well maybe that is who wrote the note. Maybe someone who died, disappeared or left her. For whatever reason, she could not bare to part with the note just for the memory and the actual numbers will lead nowhere. It's as good as theory as any. So maybe who was filing bankruptcy, having to get police reports for something, looking for someone. Who knows, but not FLEK, someone she cared about once.

Is this note in a sealed evidence bag somewhere? Could it be dusted for fingerprints? I know it would be a long shot after so many years, but since LE has FLEK's fingerprints on file, if they found another set not belonging to her or her husband's family members perhaps that person could yield a clue? I'm thinking, especially if the person she took the note from was a danger to FLEK, that person could have been incarcerated at some point.

ETA: And while they are at it they could dust the birth certificate for finger prints to see if someone else bought it and sent it to her. That person would be an accomplice in her identity theft. The two government officials listed on the BC receipt that worked for Kern county are still alive today so they could be ruled out if they cooperated with LE to give their fingerprints for exclusionary purposes.

I've read your comparisons and I'm not convinced that she didn't write it all, and here is why...
I decided to look at something random that I wrote as a page of notes, just to see if my jotting down displays consistency.
I just happened to grab a notebook that I use to scribble case notes on when I'm listening to a podcast or watching a documentary or reading here, etc.
I found that I often make the same letters in different ways when I'm sloppily writing along, not paying attention to how it looks because it's for my eyes only. I decided to check out a page of notes my husband made on a repair he was making on his bike and found he jotted notes the same way, with inconsistent letters and even numbers.
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think it's common during sloppy note taking.
Here's my example...pardon the coffee stain and horrible penmanship!
attachment.php

Your handwriting is really pretty. :D

Midge Montana, thank you for submitting you handwriting sample for us to see. If I may make an observation, it seems to me that you are switching between printed and cursive letters in your writing. Your letters may be different styles on the same page but they are all consistently your style of writing. If we were comparing a sample of cursive writing from FLEK with a sample of printed letters on the notes page I would be inclined to agree that the same person could have written both samples. However, both writings in this case are samples of printed letters. Plus, if really written by the same person we would expect to see a mixing of the two styles on any of the other words, just as you have on your sheet of notes--you fluidly go between the two styles. But we don't have even one example that I see of that. The "These Eyes" is the only thing written in the same style as FLEK's passport application (e's and y match her style of printing). Thanks again for giving us something to think about, but I'm sticking with my theory the majority of the note was not written by FLEK. JMO.

I think that is a real possibility. Maybe her ex or close friend. I do think the writing looks masculine. Somebody mentioned a little earlier maybe she is on the run after killing someone. Well maybe that is who wrote the note. Maybe someone who died, disappeared or left her. For whatever reason, she could not bare to part with the note just for the memory and the actual numbers will lead nowhere. It's as good as theory as any. So maybe who was filing bankruptcy, having to get police reports for something, looking for someone. Who knows, but not FLEK, someone she cared about once.

I am always left with the nagging feeling that FLEK was not intellectually or socially capable enough to come up with the plan to create her new identity. She never seemed very mature socially or psychologically. I feel that someone would at least have had to be more savvy to come up with this plan. (If she was, I think she could have came up with a convincing story about her background rather than simply telling her relatives that it was "none of their business."). I don't really even think she would know how to get in touch of an identity broker.

I think a Good Samaritan helped her do this to escape an abusive situation. I am on the board of a local women's organization and the senior members talk about helping some women do things similar to this because there weren't as many avenues open for them. Maybe this is the handwriting of that person.

But, regarding the Jennifer Perkins and Colorado phone number, Jennifer Perkins was a prosecutor that worked with securities and insurance fraud while the Colorado firm defended clients in these cases. The "failed stockbroker" story might be somewhat real.

1988 was a time where lots of fraud cases were brought to light due to the declining market. (The recession did the same thing for Bernie Madoff.). So, the timing makes sense.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a thought just occurred to me. We have been assuming that FLEK wrote "These Eyes" and the number for herself, but if this page really belongs to someone else--a roommate, boyfriend, sister, etc. Perhaps FLEK answered the the phone when it rang and wrote what she heard so she could tell the other person about the appointment for a photo shoot. Has anyone tried finding a listing of models Visages photographed in the 1980's? Perhaps the person we are looking for among the former models is not FLEK, but a close associate of hers who did a shoot with Visages.

Midge Montana, thank you for submitting you handwriting sample for us to see. If I may make an observation, it seems to me that you are switching between printed and cursive letters in your writing. Your letters may be different styles on the same page but they are all consistently your style of writing. If we were comparing a sample of cursive writing from FLEK with a sample of printed letters on the notes page I would be inclined to agree that the same person could have written both samples. However, both writings in this case are samples of printed letters. Plus, if really written by the same person we would expect to see a mixing of the two styles on any of the other words, just as you have on your sheet of notes--you fluidly go between the two styles. But we don't have even one example that I see of that. The "These Eyes" is the only thing written in the same style as FLEK's passport application (e's and y match her style of printing). Thanks again for giving us something to think about, but I'm sticking with my theory the majority of the note was not written by FLEK. JMO.

Aha! Yes, I see exactly what you mean.

These Eyes was linked to Kathy Jeung and Visages. It's almost definitely the one we believe it to be. The phone number thing is interesting. I live in an area code near 610 and that library. I remember in about the mid 90s, we needed to start dialing the area code to call anyone in it. Before that, you could dial the 7 digits and get your local call sent. To me, that suggests, possibly, that she was from the area and new the number quite well?

I can't help but notice that this is very close to the Philadelphia area, where the unnamed 18-year-old runaway alleged to be FLEK was from. I know there has been speculation that the initial informant on this was mixed up with another case, however the communication from Mr. Velling leaked here seems to suggest otherwise (unless it was a hoax). Until this is refuted, it's possible that this case has already been solved with DNA, and not yet officially declared for whatever reason. The library number with no area code seemingly needed would be consistent with an origin around Philadelphia. She may have done research at the library to get started on the whole thing.

I found the BST associated with the unclaimed property at the Princeton, TX address. She is a real person and Turner is her married name. Her maiden name is the one that starts with W as mentioned earlier. Her brother and his wife lived in that house. I'm not sure why she used that address with whatever company owes her money and I can't find her connection to the state of Idaho but I'm pretty certain she is not FLEK. Just an amazing coincidence with the TX and ID connection and a common name.

Did you find her now? I don't want to rule it out unless we are positive it is not a connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members