TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.personalityforge.com/userviewer.php?UserID=55526

Do we know if this account was created by Lori or Blake and their relation to Jon Dorner?

IIRC, this LEK used this email address in her online "mystery shopper" consulting business. (Someone might want to verify that: my memory is often wrong.)

However, I don't remember seeing anything on Websleuths about "Jon Dorner". Has anyone investigated that lead? (A quick Google search on the name brings up nothing promising.)

http://www.emailsherlock.com/emailsearch/csengineer2002@yahoo.com/

The email address was also used on Eventful and Slideshare. Lori A. Ruff and and Erica Lori Ruff are currently on Slideshare and are involved in marketing, but I don't see that FLEK ever posted on the site.

The PersonalityForge site is odd. Why create an account and only log on for 5 minutes and send one message? I would like to see that message.

This case is new to me and what a mystery!

Do we know what else was in her lockbox? Anything worth while?

The thing that stands out to me is that she purposefully left that sheet of notes in her lockbox. It looks like the way I take notes while on the phone, so they were very clear to me. I read it as 402 months, it is very readable to me. In my opinion, there would be a significant clue on that page for her to have left it in the lockbox. But I would imagine everything on that page has been checked out, right? It's too late now, but wonder if anyone thought about getting a record of her phone calls? Even though the note was undated, by tracking phone records they may have been able to find something.

What a terrible lineage to pass down to a child. Can't imagine the husbands visions after learning he knew nothing about his wife, the mother of his child.

The email address was also used on Eventful and Slideshare. Lori A. Ruff and and Erica Lori Ruff are currently on Slideshare and are involved in marketing, but I don't see that FLEK ever posted on the site.

The PersonalityForge site is odd. Why create an account and only log on for 5 minutes and send one message? I would like to see that message.

What are Eventful and Slideshare? I don't think I trust that email sherlock website. I put one of my emails in to see what came up and those two (Eventful and Slideshare) were the only hits I got. I've never heard of them and I've used that email address for other sites listed there but it didn't find them.

IIRC, this LEK used this email address in her online "mystery shopper" consulting business. (Someone might want to verify that: my memory is often wrong.)

However, I don't remember seeing anything on Websleuths about "Jon D*rn*r". Has anyone investigated that lead? (A quick Google search on the name brings up nothing promising.)

I only found two on Familysearch and Ancestry. One was from Minnesota--I checked his wife's yearbook photo and she's not FLEK. The other one I found was born in April 1988 in Los Angeles. Could FLEK have given birth to a son and went on the run 2 months later?

ETA: I only searched using the exact spelling of Jon. If she misspelled it to throw anyone off there are many more John's listed.

What are Eventful and Slideshare? I don't think I trust that email sherlock website. I put one of my emails in to see what came up and those two (Eventful and Slideshare) were the only hits I got. I've never heard of them and I've used that email address for other sites listed there but it didn't find them.

Eventful is a site that alerts you to upcoming events like concerts, movies and festivals based on your profile. The emailsherlock site was pretty accurate for my email address except they added Slideshare which I don't use either.

Eventful is a site that alerts you to upcoming events like concerts, movies and festivals based on your profile. The emailsherlock site was pretty accurate for my email address except they added Slideshare which I don't use either.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've never used that site. Maybe I need to check it to see if someone signed me up without my permission. Same with the Slideshare site.

True, the sensible path would have been to destroy all those documents. There was no logical reason for the box to exist, but that presupposes someone acting logically. FLEK probably wasn't. The issues that led to her death may have been going on a long time.

She left us one clue that none of us can investigate; her mitochondrial DNA. I think this will be solved if and when her daughter is of age and chooses to do a test with a commercial DNA lab. CODIS is not much help in cases like this.

It baffles me that not one CREDIBLE person has claimed to know her, pre-FLEK.

Has her mitochondrial DNA been tested at a commercial place? Is her daughter too young for the father or a lawyer to sign off on having hers tested?

A friend of mine's sister randomly had hers done. Was she ever shocked when it came back to say there was at least one other person who matched hers?? She knew her three brothers had not had their blood tested. So, that meant she had an unknown sibling out there! She started searching FB, and found a site where a woman spelling her last name different, had pictures of HER father displayed in his Army uniform which she had never seen. Both parents are deceased. She and her brothers put their heads together, going backwards, and put the pieces together. Good ole' Dad had two families at the same time! He was only married to the second lady. Apparently those tests we see advertised, do work!

It might help solve this mystery if they could do this test to see what it tells them. They could use Lori's blood, guess they don't really need daughter's.

Maybe this professor has insight from FLEK's alleged time in the Business Administration program at UTA in 1997. I am not sure how big classes are, but sometimes students can be remembered for their fortés or discussion topics. Should we consider contacting him?
http://www.utdallas.edu/~jpicken/

Has her mitochondrial DNA been tested at a commercial place? Is her daughter too young for the father or a lawyer to sign off on having hers tested?

A friend of mine's sister randomly had hers done. Was she ever shocked when it came back to say there was at least one other person who matched hers?? She knew her three brothers had not had their blood tested. So, that meant she had an unknown sibling out there! She started searching FB, and found a site where a woman spelling her last name different, had pictures of HER father displayed in his Army uniform which she had never seen. Both parents are deceased. She and her brothers put their heads together, going backwards, and put the pieces together. Good ole' Dad had two families at the same time! He was only married to the second lady. Apparently those tests we see advertised, do work!

It might help solve this mystery if they could do this test to see what it tells them. They could use Lori's blood, guess they don't really need daughter's.

I just read somewhere today that they were able to get DNA from FLEK's hair stands and skin cells..... and that she carried a gene for coronary artery disease. I am not sure what else, if anything, they extracted from such DNA. It would be interesting to see it now submitted to the likes of Ancestry or 23andme.

I just read somewhere today that they were able to get DNA from FLEK's hair stands and skin cells..... and that she carried a gene for coronary artery disease. I am not sure what else, if anything, they extracted from such DNA. It would be interesting to see it now submitted to the likes of Ancestry or 23andme.

You see those ancestry commercials about finding out where your ancestors came from, but you rarely hear of its use in crime investigations. Seems it could be helpful.

You see those ancestry commercials about finding out where your ancestors came from, but you rarely hear of its use in crime investigations. Seems it could be helpful.

Yeah because I submitted mine earlier this year and it definitely made 'hits' to known and unknown family members. It also cleared up some great grandparent mysteries which I had.

I thought I had read they ran her DNA on ancestry and didn't find any matches? Am I getting this detail confused with another case?

Maybe this professor has insight from FLEK's alleged time in the Business Administration program at UTA in 1997. I am not sure how big classes are, but sometimes students can be remembered for their fortés or discussion topics. Should we consider contacting him?

You just reminded me of the fact that the writer of the 1987 movie Positive ID was written by a U of T Arlington professor. It tells how to change your id the way she did it. Wonder if she has been in Texas all along and all this other stuff was just side trips? Maybe she took his class

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093763/fullcredits/

Andrew Anderson is his name

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0026339/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr1

Is there anything significant about the date she logged on, January 17, 2008? Could she have just found out she was pregnant and created this account for the purpose of telling someone from her past?
Why use the JD name though?

I'm of the opinion that she didn't actually attend classes nor graduate because she filed for bankruptcy just months after getting the 1996/97 student loan, but if someone wants to contact him it can't hurt to see if he remembers her.

I'm of the opinion that she didn't actually attend classes nor graduate because she filed for bankruptcy just months after getting the 1996/97 student loan, but if someone wants to contact him it can't hurt to see if he remembers her.

I'll have to look back through this thread but I thought someone had tried to...

I'll find that whole conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything significant about the date she logged on, January 17, 2008? Could she have just found out she was pregnant and created this account for the purpose of telling someone from her past?
Why use the JD name though?

I answered my own question with this conception calculator: http://www.babymed.com/tools/retro-conception-birthday-calculator?due-date=9/15/2008&weeks=40#
If she had an average, healthy 40 week pregnancy, then Jan 17th was approx 12 days after conception. Usually women test positive 2 weeks after conception but those doing IVF as they did often find out sooner. I know this is a huge speculation, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member