TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her DNA is on ancestry put there by Velling under " Jane doe"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, then it was her mitochondrial profile in the old AncestryDNA database. This is the only database at Ancestry that allowed manually entered profiles. They have ceased this type of testing in favor of autosomal DNA testing (which they introduced there in 2012) and removed the database from public access. As I said previously, mitochondrial DNA is not helpful for this type of tracing of identity/biological family. You need autosomal DNA for that.

That Espie name is really uncommon. I can't find a thing about her. Ancestry only has people by that surname coming over from Ireland in the 1800's. I think perhaps it is misspelled. I even tried searching with Esperanza instead of Espie. If anyone finds another article with this persons name spelled differently, please share. Thanks!
I think it's misspelled, the article also spells the street name incorrectly. Espie is likely to be Esperanza but I can't find anything under that either so I think the last name is spelled incorrectly.

Maybe this professor has insight from FLEK's alleged time in the Business Administration program at UTA in 1997. I am not sure how big classes are, but sometimes students can be remembered for their fortés or discussion topics. Should we consider contacting him?
http://www.utdallas.edu/~jpicken/

Hi, new to the thread. What an intriguing case...just been reading up a bit this week. (The more recent Texas cases in WS are getting too depressing.)

About the professor...probably won't help unless he taught at UT Arlington (UTA, where she is said to have graduated Dec 1997). The University of Texas can be confusing as there are several campuses. I believe, looking at that link, that he is a prof at UT Dallas (which is actually in Richardson if things aren't confusing enough). Anyway, good idea to check old professors. Has anyone in here checked old yearbooks?

I think it's misspelled, the article also spells the street name incorrectly. Espie is likely to be Esperanza but I can't find anything under that either so I think the last name is spelled incorrectly.

Espie is also short for Elspeth.

Reading through that case above and how many delay tactics the clients attempted I'm reminded of FLEK's own bankruptcy case in 1997. Here's an except:

"This court has made clear in the past that it will not condone the actions of litigants to misuse this court's process solely for the purpose of delay. (See Hersch v. Citizens Savings & Loan Assn. (1983) 146 Cal. App. 3d 1002 [194 Cal. Rptr. 628].) The Blacks' efforts to manipulate and abuse the processes of this and other courts are manifest in this case.

The Blacks engaged in a series of procedural maneuvers, in both the Los Angeles Superior Court and the federal court, designed to stay the effect of a judgment to which they had stipulated. By the time the matter reached this court, the superior court had twice rejected the Blacks' claims that Coast had breached the agreement of sale. One of these rulings was made after the Blacks' then-attorney, Mr. Perkins, admitted that he had advised the Blacks to sign the escrow instructions as prepared by Coast. Further, the Blacks had made four different requests for a stay of execution of the judgment, and had been turned down by the superior court each time. After their last request was denied, they filed a petition for extraordinary relief which misstated the facts of the case in a manner designed to evoke the sympathies of this court and delay the inevitable even further by procuring a temporary stay. Once the petition was denied and Coast was finally successful in evicting the Blacks from the property, the Blacks apparently abandoned their appeal of the stipulated judgment, having failed to perfect the appeal in the manner set forth in the California Rules of Court. All of these facts demonstrate that the Blacks' petition for writ of supersedeas was simply another one of their continuing efforts to delay the proceedings and prevent Coast from obtaining possession of the subject property."

BBM. IIRC, FLEK also fought and delayed the case as much as possible. I don't know anything about bankruptcy. Does anyone know if these types of procedures are common? I also wonder if there is any connection between the attorney FLEK used in 1997 and Ben Perkins, Jr.

Oddly enough, he wasn't enough admitted to the Bar until Sept of 1980, 4 months after this article.

I think he was working as a paralegal, which does not require passing the bar. He was able to legally continue to assist with bankruptcy filings as a paralegal after he was disbarred in 1989.

I know this also sound crazy... But she had " chub" in her Idaho ID.. Either she was young or MAYBe 402 months could mean 40wks in 2 months. Possible she was pregnant? Could be a reason she got her new ID so fast. Her next ID she looked MUCH slimmer in the face.

Another thought is 402 was in reference to the cost of a PO box. 40 dollars for 2 months?? I thought of this because I overheard a lady quote a price for a PO box while I was facing something and she said they had a special it was x dollars for 2 months minimum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologize for asking questions before reading all the threads, but I wondered about a high school pregnancy, too. Not because of her face (I didn't notice that), but because on her GED report it mentioned her "last grade completed" as being 11th grade.

I think he was working as a paralegal, which does not require passing the bar. He was able to legally continue to assist with bankruptcy filings as a paralegal after he was disbarred in 1989.

I'm aware but it would be somewhat unusual to have a paralegal running your legal aid foundation. A paralegal cannot dispense legal advice.

Hi, new to the thread. What an intriguing case...just been reading up a bit this week. (The more recent Texas cases in WS are getting too depressing.)

About the professor...probably won't help unless he taught at UT Arlington (UTA, where she is said to have graduated Dec 1997). The University of Texas can be confusing as there are several campuses. I believe, looking at that link, that he is a prof at UT Dallas (which is actually in Richardson if things aren't confusing enough). Anyway, good idea to check old professors. Has anyone in here checked old yearbooks?

Welcome! There is a thread devoted to checking yearbooks here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215614-Yearbook-searches

Something really creepy with an LA Times Archives search popped up for a "visages" search.

Those Eyes Six Years Ago Linda Evans Was Considered Too Old to Cast. Today, She's Made Maturity a Sexy Commodity
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes....+Today,+She's+Made+Maturity+a+Sexy+Commodity
However, I cannot find 'why' it popped up. Don't see Visages anyone in the archived article. Interestingly, it could be a photo credit that just isn't showing up.

My hunch is that the photo of Linda Evans was taken by Visages but is not credited in archives because archives do not always contain photo due to copyright issues.

But let's piece this together, an article entitled "Those Eyes" with a photo by Visages, in LA in 1985.

Apologize for asking questions before reading all the threads, but I wondered about a high school pregnancy, too. Not because of her face (I didn't notice that), but because on her GED report it mentioned her "last grade completed" as being 11th grade.

We have to remember that she was likely not being truthful on her GED application. She may have graduated high school under her real name but she could not USE that high school diploma to apply for college. That is why she had to go for her GED under the name Lori. She couldn't fake high school transcripts. Sure, it's possible she never graduated form High School. Believe what you like but it's not clear cut that she only completed 11th grade, IMO, because she had a big reason to lie about that. MOO.

Ben Perkins was providing legal assistance of some sort to the Good Shepherd Center Paralegal Clinic. Good Shepherd was a domestic violence shelter in Los Angeles and they opened this paralegal clinic in 1980.
attachment.php

http://www.goodshepherdshelter.org/our-story/

Oddly enough, he wasn't enough admitted to the Bar until Sept of 1980, 4 months after this article.

I'm aware but it would be somewhat unusual to have a paralegal running your legal aid foundation. A paralegal cannot dispense legal advice.

The way I'm reading that article it sounds like Espie is overseeing and Pekins is assisting. That's why I was trying to find more about Espie to gauge her connection to Perkins.

Something really creepy with an LA Times Archives search popped up for a "visages" search.

Those Eyes Six Years Ago Linda Evans Was Considered Too Old to Cast. Today, She's Made Maturity a Sexy Commodity
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes....+Today,+She's+Made+Maturity+a+Sexy+Commodity
However, I cannot find 'why' it popped up. Don't see Visages anyone in the archived article. Interestingly, it could be a photo credit that just isn't showing up.

My hunch is that the photo of Linda Evans was taken by Visages but is not credited in archives because archives do not always contain photo due to copyright issues.

But let's piece this together, an article entitled "Those Eyes" with a photo by Visages, in LA in 1985.

That's just an abstract of the article. LA Times wants you to pay money to read the whole thing.
I wonder if Visages is mentioned in the long form of the article? The only way to find it for free might be at a library. Then again, the article is talking about Linda Evans' Eyes so it could be as simple as they use the word visage in the body of the text we can't see. When I was searching for Visages a lot of hits that just use the word visage came up.

ETA: here's an example that refers to Linda Evans' "alluring visage" :http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/linda-evans-57264704/

That's just an abstract of the article. LA Times wants you to pay money to read the whole thing.
I wonder if Visages is mentioned in the long form of the article? The only way to find it for free might be at a library. Then again, the article is talking about Linda Evans' Eyes so it could be as simple as they use the word visage in the body of the text we can't see. When I was searching for Visages a lot of hits that just use the word visage came up.

ETA: here's an example that refers to Linda Evans' "alluring visage" :http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/linda-evans-57264704/

I found the entire article. No mention of visage/visages. I'm assuming it's a photo credit that's not archived. Interestingly enough, there is a photographer from that agency who shot Evans multiples in the 80s who is still living. A short bio of this person also mentions "[redacted] is part of the classical tradition. During the 1970’s and 80’s, he concentrated heavily on details of facial features like eyes, et"

He also started doing figure nudes in 1985.$130 dollars would seem like appropriate pay for nude modeling back then.

I would be willing to bet money there's a connection to FLEK and this photo shoot. It's definitely possible it's all a coincidence but I'm beginning to think more and more she was in LA in the mid 80s and possibly doing photography work.

VikTxM7.png

The way I'm reading that article it sounds like Espie is overseeing and Pekins is assisting. That's why I was trying to find more about Espie to gauge her connection to Perkins.

The closest I can find is a E******** C M****, born in 33 (83y) in Corpus ChristiTexas, she has also lived in Oxnard CA. Can't find ties yet to Good Shepherd or Perkins. Found one other Esperanza Manas but no ties to CA that I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3