TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that she was likely living as BST for longer than just the period between getting the BST ID and then getting the LEK ID. But then she must have known about the real (deceased child) BST for as long as she'd been living under that name surely? You wouldn't make up a name then try to find the deceased person from which to steal an identity, it would surely happen the other way around. Which brings me back to why I firmly believe that she knew of the real BST via a Turner/a Howder/similar and when she decided to 'run away' or however you want to phrase it she knew she could use that name and get the paperwork to back it up at a later date.

So I don't know that yearbooks will be much help under that name (imo) because I doubt that she would have started using the BST name as a student. But that's because I'm coming from it from the angle that she wasn't born and raised a BST, she adopted that name somewhere in her late teens or around there. Does that make sense? Sorry, I might be missing your point totally! :)

If she really is the one in the yearbook photo I found, I guess my theory would be that her real name was Becky Turner and she looked for a deceased child with that name to start over. If her real name was Becky Turner and she lived in Dallas, Texas area already it would explain two things: 1. Her ease of getting BST's birth certificate. She would have a checkbook in that name. She could just walk right in and pay. She would have to avoid using ID's with her real birth date on it. Many student ID's do not have a birthdate so perhaps she used one of those with her check book to get the BC. 2. It would explain her ease of establishing residency for her name change petition--she already had an address history in Dallas by 1988 under the name Beck Turner. I still don't understand her getting the Idaho ID and then not using it for the SS# application at all. Perhaps she only used it to prove her age? IDK.

I think there is a real possibility of anything including she was living in Dallas, perhaps as Becky. I don't think we can rule anything out completely. Maybe if not Dallas, another Texas town. I wish we really knew for sure she was a stripper in Dallas. It's like the three faces of Eve..metaphorically. I do not mean she has multiple personalities. I think we know for sure she was in Boise at least to get that ID, then we know she was in Dallas. If the parachutist certificate is real, we can assume she was, or someone using that name was in Phoenix. I am not sure we can definitely put her in Washington State or California, since the birth certificate could have been done by mail. I am also not sure we can place her in Nevada since that mailbox could have been done by mail. I just think since she chose Lori as a name, that might be more significant than the name Becky. You do have to wonder how she would have selected Becky as her identity. I mean if I were going to find an infant who died early enough to assume their identity, in the days before internet, I probably would have gone to the local library to access newspapers by mircrophish. What would make me go to that newspaper. I remember there were search abilities in libraries back then. You could find articles with search terms, then either go find the physical paper/mag or go to the microfilm machines. Most libraries kept a cross section of newspapers, but mainly local and big market papers. So maybe she had some knowledge of Becky's death, from her own life or someone she knew. I wonder what name she used to strip if that is even true.

BBM. The parachute place is actually in Dallas area. Rich English signed her certificate. His business is listed toward the bottom of the page here: http://www.ultralighthomepage.com/friendly.html
It's in Princeton, TX

Just an update on the BT I mentioned earlier born in 1955 that had lived in Colorado and Irving, TX: She is NOT the same Becky Turner in the yearbook photo I found from 1971. Turner was that Becky's married name and she didn't get married until 1984. So, moving on I'm trying to find more yearbook photos of the BT from 1971 and not finding anything, nor any have I found her in other records on her yet.

ETA: the BT in the 1971 yearbook was a Sophomore- so she was 15-16 years old in 1971.

my bad. There is a city buckeye az so i guess i assumed it. thought i had read it too. Guess we can mark off phoenix for sure too.

No problem. I just wanted to be clear that the only thing we have linking her to AZ was the story she told her husband about being born in Scottsdale. I keep going back to AZ thinking that she might have chosen Scottsdale because it was a place she had lived and she could discuss intelligently it if she met someone else from there. But we just don't KNOW is she ever lived there or visited there. Like many things in this case.

There is absolutely no need to be confrontational or disrespectful toward other posters, or to speak disparagingly about others involved in trying to find the identity of "Lori Ruff".

Please stick to the purpose of the thread.

:tyou:

I just had a thought. And yes, I tripped and almost fell. LOL. But what if a man is at the root of all of this? What if she was partnered with a bad guy, who also changed his name and moved to Dallas with her? What if he made her get the breast implants and made her strip to support them both? What if he is the one that made all those notes, trying to get out of the mess he made for both of them? Then after moving to Dallas, a few months later, or a year or so he leaves her or dies? wonder how common it is for people to change their names? It would be interesting to find out if any men changed their names in that dallas courthouse about this same time. Wonder if he also got an id in Idaho.

One other thought. when she got the breast implant surgery, did she have to list next of kin or in case of emergency contact so and so? Can we get that form?

I would say, given her unusual clingy nature with JBR and such, it's totally possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need some clarification..... Which documents do we know were in that lockbox and what items were substantiated, or provided, by the investigators?

Did FLEK have a copy of the death certificate?
Did FLEK have a copy of the newspaper chronicling the fire?

I also am VERY curious as to what else was in that box that we don't know about..... even if it seems inconsequential to others.

Is there any way to verify that she actually did acquire her GED or could she have forged that?

FLEK's resume appears to show that she had some degree of graphics and desktop publishing experience..... a perfect skill for someone trying to fabricate a past, present and future.

I'm curious what she had been shredding before she drove to the Ruff's? IIRC, there were quite a number of plastic bags filled with shredded paper. She must have been receiving mail from someone in her past. Why would she keep anything around the house that she received from someone in her past?

Another thought, if she was receiving mail, I guess forwarded from her PO box, then someone knows who Lori really is or her story.

Could the reason for her suicide be that whatever information was in all those shredded bags, the person it was from had told her they were calling her husband or LE to turn her in? Boy, that would be a good reason to commit suicide rather than have your past life revealed to your husband.

I just had an epic thought! What if! Someone did figure out who she was and was threatening and/or blackmailing her..... so she pushes for a marriage to Ruff (minus publicity). They move to Leonard in an out of the way, rural area and she loses Kennedy for Ruff..... yet, she is kind of scared that they still might find her, so she spirals by being overprotective of her home and daughter..... to the point that EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS is a suspect to her until she cracks....

No problem. I just wanted to be clear that the only thing we have linking her to AZ was the story she told her husband about being born in Scottsdale. I keep going back to AZ thinking that she might have chosen Scottsdale because it was a place she had lived and she could discuss intelligently it if she met someone else from there. But we just don't KNOW is she ever lived there or visited there. Like many things in this case.

Sorry, I was wrong about no connection to AZ. I just re-read the Seattle times article and it says she had a page from an AZ phone book in her possession. Funny thing though, we don't have a copy of that page anywhere that I can find. Is it just that the newspaper didn't find it important enough to include in the article? I wonder...

I need some clarification..... Which documents do we know were in that lockbox and what items were substantiated, or provided, by the investigators?

Did FLEK have a copy of the death certificate?
Did FLEK have a copy of the newspaper chronicling the fire?

I also am VERY curious as to what else was in that box that we don't know about..... even if it seems inconsequential to others.

Is there any way to verify that she actually did acquire her GED or could she have forged that?

FLEK's resume appears to show that she had some degree of graphics and desktop publishing experience..... a perfect skill for someone trying to fabricate a past, present and future.

It seems it has gotten murky over the years as to what was in the box and what Velling found and provided to the press. I went back to re-read the Seattle Time article and these were the opening lines:

"Joe Velling arranged the clues around the big table: a birth certificate for a girl in Fife. An Idaho ID card. Pages from an Arizona phone book. And scraps of paper with scribbled notes, including the name of an attorney and the words “402 months.” These, he explained, came from the strongbox."

Why don't we have a picture of the phone book pages?

ETA: Also in the article is says that Velling was handed a binder full of things from Lori's house and lockbox. There is probably plenty we don't have.

Further down in the article we find out who found the newspaper clipping about the fire:

"Before Miles set out, Blake let him know there were places Lori had told him never to look. The strongbox, hidden in a closet, was labeled “crafts.”

“So what do you think I did?” Miles said. “I took a flathead screwdriver and broke that thing open.”

Inside was a court document from 1988 showing she had changed her name. Before she was Lori, she was Becky Sue Turner.

“We go, ‘Bingo!’ We figured it out,” Miles said. “She’s Becky Sue Turner.”

It just so happened that a private investigator lived next door, so Miles asked him to do a little digging, as well. He came back with more: the real Becky Sue was long dead.

“Three children perish in fire at Fife,” a 1971 headline read. She was just 2 years old."

Further down in the article: "In the strongbox there also were letters of reference from an employer and a landlord. And the scribble"

BBM.

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

Sorry I kept adding quotes to my post above. So to summarize, the lockbox contained:
BST Birth certificate
Idaho ID
Arizona phone book pages
the scribble page
name change documents
letters of reference (plural?) was there only only one letter and this is badly worded because it's a single letter of reference for employment and for housing? Or is there another letter we don't have?

The Ruff's PI friend found the newspaper fire article.

I have to add that I thought the parachuting certificate was in the box too but maybe she always let Blake know about that and kept it on her wall? It's not mentioned in the article that I see.

I'm curious what she had been shredding before she drove to the Ruff's? IIRC, there were quite a number of plastic bags filled with shredded paper. She must have been receiving mail from someone in her past. Why would she keep anything around the house that she received from someone in her past?

Another thought, if she was receiving mail, I guess forwarded from her PO box, then someone knows who Lori really is or her story.

Could the reason for her suicide be that whatever information was in all those shredded bags, the person it was from had told her they were calling her husband or LE to turn her in? Boy, that would be a good reason to commit suicide rather than have your past life revealed to your husband.

I just had an epic thought! What if! Someone did figure out who she was and was threatening and/or blackmailing her..... so she pushes for a marriage to Ruff (minus publicity). They move to Leonard in an out of the way, rural area and she loses Kennedy for Ruff..... yet, she is kind of scared that they still might find her, so she spirals by being overprotective of her home and daughter..... to the point that EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS is a suspect to her until she cracks....

I've had both of these thought/theories at one point. Although I do think her divorce pushed her over the edge, Imo. It could have heightened her other circumstances to make her situation seem much more dire in her mind--suddenly she was losing whatever security she had and possibly facing losing her daughter. I've also wondered if she went through a divorce or two in her past life and she couldn't deal with the pain of another failed relationship this late in her life.

I haven't managed to go over all the threads. Has the possibility that this person is someone who escaped from psychiatric care while sectioned been looked at? Mental health issues are obvious. I don't know how you could check this, but surely there would be a police record. Moving states and changing identity would make sense to me.

It is clear this person was not stable and this manifested historically. She could also have been running from a family trying to get her treatment.

It would make sense to look at the year she got the Becky Sue birth certificate.

I haven't managed to go over all the threads. Has the possibility that this person is someone who escaped from psychiatric care while sectioned been looked at? Mental health issues are obvious. I don't know how you could check this, but surely there would be a police record. Moving states and changing identity would make sense to me.

It is clear this person was not stable and this manifested historically. She could also have been running from a family trying to get her treatment.

It would make sense to look at the year she got the Becky Sue birth certificate.

It's certainly not impossible, but she was sane-seeming enough to convince a judge to change her name in 1988, pass the GED in 1990, get a passport in 1990, apply for student loans in 1996 and file for bankruptcy and argue her case in court in 1997. IMO, these are deliberate actions that require a lot of thought and planning, not the actions of someone out of touch reality to the point of institutionalization. Plus, the majority of insane asylums in the US closed in the 1960's. For your interest, I checked and the last asylum closed in 1987: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinstitutionalisation Could she have been one of those institutionalized at Willowbrook who was kicked out and sent to a group home instead? I grant just about anything is possible with the case of FLEK. IMO, it's more likely that she was not ALWAYS "mentally disturbed" as the police report describes her suicide letter. Postpartum depression, a messy divorce, pending custody battle for her child and a lifetime of lies all could have made her crazy enough to commit suicide, IMO.

Could they have been family momentos? She claimed to have done that with her deceased family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member