TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I haven't followed her for a while - I kind of fell off of her case once the sub was created for FLEK exclusively (too much to follow and keep track of). I'm only suggesting WH because the FOIA leaves off with that, and it seems to be a popular theory on r3dd1t.

OK, thanks. I thought maybe there was something new pointing to the Howders.

For anyone that can answer: Do the Howder's have ties to Pennsylvania? Do we think the previously leaked info about her being an 18 year old runaway from PA is correct?

OK, thanks. I thought maybe there was something new pointing to the Howders.

For anyone that can answer: Do the Howder's have ties to Pennsylvania? Do we think the previously leaked info about her being an 18 year old runaway from PA is correct?

Honestly, I reread the 1988 article about the man who received 402 months in Pennsylvania the other day and my gut just felt like PA was connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm speculating like crazy right now about who Lori is, but one thing I can predict with confidence? A #6 thread will need to be started here soon.

I'm hoping we can hang on until we have a name!

Honestly, I reread the 1988 article about the man who received 402 months in Pennsylvania the other day and my gut just felt like PA was connected.

The rape victim was tracked down via court records (the appeals case opinion document listed her name) and the victim is not Lori. However, someone else affiliated with the convicts in that case could have decided to skedaddle...but Lori is not the rape victim. Just FYI.

Why are people suggesting she was a Howder? What did I miss? Wanda H. is alive, married and has 3 daughters. She is NOT Wanda. She is also NOT Windy. Windy is MALE and his full name is Windsong.

Thank you! If she is a Howder, she isn't Wanda or Windsong.

*officially neglecting all adult responsibilities and my job today*

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

This is driving me nuts! Has anyone contacted Velling or the Seattle times reporter? I don't want to all ask at once, but I am dying!

This is driving me nuts! Has anyone contacted Velling or the Seattle times reporter? I don't want to all ask at once, but I am dying!
The original reporter is no longer at the ST, and Velling has retired. So who is doing the follow-up story at ST? Anyone know? And is there a name for the new lead at the SSA?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

I'm right back to Sandra Hopler!

Hopler's Charley Project page lists her at 5'4" at the time of her disappearance. Lori Ruff is listed at 5'10".

I don't see it. Any woman approaching six feet is considered TALL by most metrics.

I'm right back to Sandra Hopler!

She looks a lot like Lori to me but there are just so many un-explained things like the height being WAY off and the info that Sandra had a mole by one of her lips and a mole on one of her hands. I can't see the lip mole in the picture of Sandra and I've never seen a mole in any of Lori's pics either. If I had to choose a PA runaway on looks only I would go with Sanda Hopler right now over the other ones posted. The Strafford, PA library from the notes page is 132 miles away from La Plume, PA where Sandra was last seen. The library is 106 miles from her hometown of Essex, NJ. But she would have to have stayed around PA for over a decade (or returned there in the 1980's) before going to the library to reinvent herself. If it's her, what happened to her or what was she doing all that time from 1973-1988? I'm on the edge of my seat!

Okay, lots of posts coming fast at us, & I know I've missed something. Just to recap the latest developments:

* NAMUS has identified LEK. That is, they know her birth name. However, they are being coy with releasing it. (Maybe the Seattle Times will write a story about it, maybe the SSA will make an announcement.)
* Despite that, Websleuthers here have identified LEK with an unnamed girl in a family picture album. (Images of that girl have been shared earlier in this thread. See page 103 where it appears three times.)
* LEK is *not* the actress Sandra Bullock. Nor do we even have confirmation that LEK ever watched a Sandra Bullock movie.
* This girl is somehow connected to the H()dwer family. (Not sure if her name is "Wanda", "Windy" or "Wendy". Or maybe one of those is her mother's name. "Sandy" was another name thrown around at one point.)
* Her father may be a person arrested in 1961 for stealing a quarter million dollars in drugs.
* Her mother or grandmother may be the woman in this article: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=146440495
* I'm sure I got something in this list wrong.
* This website uses a lot of Adobe Flash, which makes it difficult for me to keep up with developments. (Flash has crashed at least 4 times for me trying to read pages on this website today.)

Have I missed anything?

The rape victim was tracked down via court records (the appeals case opinion document listed her name) and the victim is not Lori. However, someone else affiliated with the convicts in that case could have decided to skedaddle...but Lori is not the rape victim. Just FYI.

But from what I read there were two victims.

Snipped by me:

* This website uses a lot of Adobe Flash, which makes it difficult for me to keep up with developments. (Flash has crashed at least 4 times for me trying to read pages on this website today.)

Have I missed anything?

That's why I use the app on my phone. Going to the actual site makes me want to stab my eyeballs out with kitchen utensils. 😣🍴

The original reporter is no longer at the ST, and Velling has retired. So who is doing the follow-up story at ST? Anyone know? And is there a name for the new lead at the SSA?

Googled the original reporters name, found an article published to the ST in 2015. According to public Linkdn info she is a freelancer. I emailed her ST email asking if there was an official update. No response yet, but it didn't bounce back as undeliverable. So now we wait.

Okay, lots of posts coming fast at us, & I know I've missed something. Just to recap the latest developments:

* NAMUS has identified LEK. That is, they know her birth name. However, they are being coy with releasing it. (Maybe the Seattle Times will write a story about it, maybe the SSA will make an announcement.)
* Despite that, Websleuthers here have identified LEK with an unnamed girl in a family picture album. (Images of that girl have been shared earlier in this thread. See page 103 where it appears three times.)
* LEK is *not* the actress Sandra Bullock. Nor do we even have confirmation that LEK ever watched a Sandra Bullock movie.
* This girl is somehow connected to the H()dwer family. (Not sure if her name is "Wanda", "Windy" or "Wendy". Or maybe one of those is her mother's name. "Sandy" was another name thrown around at one point.)
* Her father may be a person arrested in 1961 for stealing a quarter million dollars in drugs.
* Her mother or grandmother may be the woman in this article: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=146440495

Have I missed anything?

:laughing:
You had me at LEK is not Sandra Bullock.

(Psst. .Everything except your first point is just wild speculations that snowballed from the revelation NAMUS took down her profile...in case someone is unclear.) :hills:

Have I missed anything?

hehehehe

I think with the H0wder thing, they're saying W@nd@ couldn't be FLEK. I don't know how or why she can't be as I can't seem to locate WH on google to save my ever loving life, but..

Also, I concur that the UID kid in the family photo is most likely FLEK as a kid. What family is that photo from though? L@baran(sp?)? H0wder? That Sandy Hopler girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member