TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am missing where NAMUS is confirming the link to the missing in PA? I read through r3dd!t- I know people are speculating about it there, just as we are here, but no one has a definitive. I myself asked who she was in my email to NAMUS, which M.N. replied stating only that she has been identified. No word on who she is.
From following James Renner with Maura Murray I think he is someone who can be a bit hyperbolic in his conclusions. Just my own opinion here! :)

A bit, hence my qualifier "if his info is good". ;)

Why are people suggesting she was a Howder? What did I miss? Wanda H. is alive, married and has 3 daughters. She is NOT Wanda. She is also NOT Windy. Windy is MALE and his full name is Windsong.

Remember the poster who posted the note left on Lori's page!!
We didn't know if Sandy was the poster or Lori?

Also, I dont know where to mention this, so i'm hoing to put it here and if it isn't allowed (i'm new), somebody tell me and i'll delete it right away.

I was looking into info last night about this case. I came upon a page on reddit where there was a listing for her grave online and people can send virtual flowers and etc. It had been updated in august this year, and an anonymous user sent her a flower. The comment was something like:

"I hope you find peace, sandy".

I dont know if the person who was commenting was Sandy, but I found it odd someone would post anonymously then leave their name. That started me down the rabbit hole of who is "Sandy", and I did find a woman who went missing in the 80's in wisconsin named Sandy. They looked somewhat similar, but her disappearance seemed more like foul play.

Anyway, thought I would mention it. Again, if this isnt allowed, please tell me, i'll delete it.

Lori's Find a Grave which I don't see posted yet. Looks like spring/summer who posted Sandy

So what do you all think the relevance is to the Seattle Times planning to publish the story? Why Seattle? The Howders were in Washington, right?

So what do you all think the relevance is to the Seattle Times planning to publish the story? Why Seattle? The Howders were in Washington, right?

Because Velling approached the Seattlw Times to write the first story. Thinking Lori had ties to Washington. It would only be right for them to do the follow up and conclusion.

ETA: I meant ties to WA not specifically Seattle.

Because Velling approached the Seattlw Times to write the first story. Thinking Lori had ties to Seattle. It would only be right for them to do the follow up and conclusion.

Ah ok. Why did he think she had ties to Seattle? (I probably knew this but have forgotten)

Ah ok. Why did he think she had ties to Seattle? (I probably knew this but have forgotten)

I edited my most, I meant Washington, not specifically Seattle.

Becky Sue Turner was buried in Fife, WA. Velling suspected Lori found her grave by walking through the cemetery and that led him to believe she had ties to the area.

I hope they release the name soon because we're going in circles and down rabbit holes left and right LOL

If I recall the original reporter from the times article has moved on to another area? Or am I just imagining? It would make sense if she & Velling were still working it as a team.

I don't think it has anything to do with the location of the paper. The Seattle Times was the first to break the story because Velling went to them with it. The ST was the only paper to get an exclusive interview with Velling and her husband and his family. I'm sure they just want to give the same reporter the follow-up story. JMO.

Did anyone get a 1st name for Howder?

That's what I'm wondering. He 1st posted 5/20/15, contacted Velling who had to research what he told him, find family for a DNA sample. It's taking UNT/ NamUs 6+ months to process DNA. One of my cases, 3/9/2016 DNA submitted, it just came back complete today.

Here is spring/summer1988 1st post - 05-20-2015

Just a FYI, this was posted RIgHT after a woman from a local Dallas moms group contacted me saying she knew Lori. I am 100% positive s/s1988 either was that woman or her husband. She is Asian and a photographer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, but that was revealed a long time ago. What is it about this new info that makes you still think she is a Howder? I'm not trying to argue, just trying to figure out if I missed something recent. We have researched every KNOWN child of Fred H and found them all to be accounted for elsewhere. If she was Fred H's daughter then she was secret love child and not named in any obituaries. Or they switched her at birth with another child and raised that child as their own. Both those ideas seem far fetched though....

There's an excellent thread on r3dd!t about this.... I'll post the body of it here:

purple monster truck (the OP of the r3dd!t post) is amazing.

A couple of us were in contact with a " Wendy B." Who grew up with Windy Howder. She contacted Sandra Howder. Immediately after that contact the find a grave post showed up. Just saying..
Several people in Windy bs family AND the Howder extended family favor FLEK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of us were in contact with a " Wendy B." Who grew up with Windy Howder. She contacted Sandra Howder. Immediately after that contact the find a grave post showed up. Just saying..
Several people in Windy bs family AND the Howder extended family favor FLEK.

So to clarify, who do you think she was?

I know, but that was revealed a long time ago. What is it about this new info that makes you still think she is a Howder? I'm not trying to argue, just trying to figure out if I missed something recent. We have researched every KNOWN child of Fred H and found them all to be accounted for elsewhere. If she was Fred H's daughter then she was secret love child and not named in any obituaries. Or they switched her at birth with another child and raised that child as their own. Both those ideas seem far fetched though....

I'll be honest, I haven't followed her for a while - I kind of fell off of her case once the sub was created for FLEK exclusively (too much to follow and keep track of). I'm only suggesting WH because the FOIA leaves off with that, and it seems to be a popular theory on r3dd1t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow