TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this Akoya person claims that the match was made over a year ago. Which I call BS on because I just went back and looked at old posts from back in march when the rumor was going around about her being a runaway from PA. There is a post with a screenshot of communication between velling and LEKs PI neighbor. Velling said they were getting close and he hoped to update the neighbor with an answer in a month. Soooo as long as that message was sent back in march (which I believe it was) then the case wasn't solved a year ago.

An anonymous post yeserday on FindAGrave

You could never find a day of peace while always looking over your shoulder. Soon the world will know who you really were and hopefully your poor husband and daughter can find the peace you lacked. You chose to off yourself in the in-laws driveway which was the true act of a coward. Praying that God has accepted you into the heavens and that in death you found the peace that alluded you in life.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=113578500

How rude. The person doesn't even know how to properly use words. It's eluded you not alluded you. Sorry my two cents. There was absolutely no need to write this condescending post that her child can see one day.

And is that the only context in which Hawaii was mentioned in the FOIA?

I searched Hawaii in the FOIA document, it comes up twice.

"On September 28, I contact: Det Steve Correia with I-Iilo PD Vice and requested a courtesy assist
in locating Terry Turner living just north oil-lilo, Hawaii."

"On October 6, 'l?erri .lo subsequently looked at the photo I left and told her parents it was not
someone she recognized either. I located a Jeanette Burns and discovered a child with Terry
Turner. photos of Jeanette and her daughter (I?hristina Burns were requested from Hawaii
DMV."

Akoya just wrote : 'I want an explanation from Michael Nance for this accusation.'

... about the email where he mentioned the Seattle Times article. How was that in any way an 'accusation'?!

I agree~~Something is not right in dodge. Recently, the niece starts talking with her friend, and then she is identified days later. Wouldn't the niece tell her friend, "Oh, she was identified a long time ago?"

In all fairness I have yet to hear a reaction from the friend of the niece about what the niece said when the friend brought up her name being solved. The friend did state that the niece's family is very hush hush about everything, and that they'd "kill her" if she shared.

Akoya just wrote : 'I want an explanation from Michael Nance for this accusation.'

... about the email where he mentioned the Seattle Times article. How was that in any way an 'accusation'?!

I was just about to post this. WTH is this person talking about? Geeeeez she needs to take a chill pill. Also, if she wants an explanation, all of his contact info is listed right there in the email lol.

I was just about to post this. WTH is this person talking about? Geeeeez she needs to take a chill pill.

She's a nut, just leave her be. lol :notgood:

omg can we talk about the fact she just put Velling's cell # all over the internet? Well, if she *is* the only "investigator" who worked with Velling, and the only "other person who knows FLEK's true ID," she just outed herself. I'm sure good ol' Joe will *love* that.

That's what is so ironic about Akoya's post, Michael Nance ONLY said she had been identified and that he understood there would be a follow up story written by the Seattle Times.

All the other details we have "learned" are from Akoya. If the daughter is really in danger because Lori's true identity might be released, why would you write that on a public forum? Wouldn't you speak to your co-investigator (Velling) about it before you started posting online?

Also, I have a really hard time believing the case was solved with old fashion research and not one suggestion made on ANY forum was the tipping point. Those notes have been poured over for years by hundreds of people.

This is really exciting and I hope that we find out the back story. I have been lurking here for ages and really didn't think that she would be identified. It is truly amazing how so many cold cases have been solved this year

I searched Hawaii in the FOIA document, it comes up twice.

"On September 28, I contact: Det Steve Correia with I-Iilo PD Vice and requested a courtesy assist
in locating Terry Turner living just north oil-lilo, Hawaii."

"On October 6, 'l?erri .lo subsequently looked at the photo I left and told her parents it was not
someone she recognized either. I located a Jeanette Burns and discovered a child with Terry
Turner. photos of Jeanette and her daughter (I?hristina Burns were requested from Hawaii
DMV."

TT has a friend called Romona B, who I think looks like Lori....

That's what is so ironic about Akoya's post, Michael Nance ONLY said she had been identified and that he understood there would be a follow up story written by the Seattle Times.

All the other details we have "learned" are from Akoya. If the daughter is really in danger because Lori's true identity might be released, why would you write that on a public forum? Wouldn't you speak to your co-investigator (Velling) about it before you started posting online?

Also, I have a really hard time believing the case was solved with old fashion research and not one suggestion made on ANY forum was the tipping point. Those notes have been poured over for years by hundreds of people.

She would've had to spend at least 5 days straight reading every, single, teeny, tiny detail on all these sub threads here at WS. CW's thread was started wayy after WS and never even took off until recently. We've been working on FLEK's case here since 2012 (myself since 2013), and I'm sure like 3% of the people from the beginning saw the whole thing through - I for one, didn't, because it just got too rabbit-holey and I couldn't deal. Anyway, I digress.

How rude. The person doesn't even know how to properly use words. It's eluded you not alluded you. Sorry my two cents. There was absolutely no need to write this condescending post that her child can see one day.

I agree, very inappropriate. Someone (I have a good guess) is not happy that her identity is about to come out.

She would've had to spend at least 5 days straight reading every, single, teeny, tiny detail on all these sub threads here at WS. CW's thread was started wayy after WS and never even took off until recently. We've been working on FLEK's case here since 2012 (myself since 2013), and I'm sure like 3% of the people from the beginning saw the whole thing through - I for one, didn't, because it just got too rabbit-holey and I couldn't deal. Anyway, I digress.

Agreed and same.

Astridxx, since you understand Reddit, could you please help me find the post made by the friend of the niece? I tried searching her user name but only came up with threads she created.

A couple of random thoughts.

1. The message from Mike Nance said the ST was working with the investigator. That doesn't mean the investigator is Akoya, that is how Akoya is interpreting the comment. It could mean ST is working with Velling.

2. Akoya and Velling came to the same conclusion that LEK is really so and so without this person ever being reported missing? How did that happen?

I'm pretty sure I know who this Akoya is, as soon as people starting posting about her on Facebook a woman who's name I won't say started posting that she didn't believe the car had been solved and was pretty defensive. She's not a researcher, she's an armchair detective like the rest of us. She just wants attention.

I apologize for being a newb to the case, I've lurked from time to time and asking a question I'm sure that has been answered...but the house fire that killed Becky Sue-was it accidental, criminal, who all died? I think I saw a gravestone with 3 turner sisters, did they all die? Becky Sue's connection is pivotal I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The message from Mike Nance said the ST was working with the investigator. That doesn't mean the investigator is Akoya, that is how Akoya is interpreting the comment. It could mean ST is working with Velling.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm pretty sure I know who this Akoya is, as soon as people starting posting about her on Facebook a woman who's name I won't say started posting that she didn't believe the car had been solved and was pretty defensive. She's not a researcher, she's an armchair detective like the rest of us. She just wants attention.

Hey Akoya, if you're reading this, you should go back and edit your "privileged" emails between you and Velling, you know, maybe to *not* include his cellphone number? Either way, if this is such a sensitive case, why are you even speaking out about it? "Eye roll and scroll," lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties