TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing! Is this part of the Howden family then? The resemblance is striking IMO.

No, I dont think everyone thinks this is her, I just did some very brief digging and found this associated photo and posted it here. They really do look alike though. Someone said the original poster was unable to find the name of this child. Maybe you can remind us of the details.

I believe the picture is from a large Jewish family and I have *zero* idea how whoever found it, found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An anonymous post yeserday on FindAGrave

You could never find a day of peace while always looking over your shoulder. Soon the world will know who you really were and hopefully your poor husband and daughter can find the peace you lacked. You chose to off yourself in the in-laws driveway which was the true act of a coward. Praying that God has accepted you into the heavens and that in death you found the peace that alluded you in life.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=113578500

Speechless.....

I think it's just a coincidence that she chose the name Lori Erica. JMO

i do too. i think it's easily explained as one of those family rumors. astridxx is talking to a niece, which is good, but the further you get from the original source the more these rumors turn into facts. i think it's likely the family has been trying to explain the entire thing within their family unit and one obvious idea is "she took her name from other family members" which may or may not be true.

You could never find a day of peace while always looking over your shoulder. Soon the world will know who you really were and hopefully your poor husband and daughter can find the peace you lacked. You chose to off yourself in the in-laws driveway which was the true act of a coward. Praying that God has accepted you into the heavens and that in death you found the peace that alluded you in life.

"You chose to off yourself in the in-laws driveway..." Whoa- this one has really got a way with words!
Probably written by some completely random lookey-loo.

i do too. i think it's easily explained as one of those family rumors. astridxx is talking to a niece, which is good, but the further you get from the original source the more these rumors turn into facts. i think it's likely the family has been trying to explain the entire thing within their family unit and one obvious idea is "she took her name from other family members" which may or may not be true.

No no, she's a claimed friend of the niece. So this is like an I said she said she said deal lol

They're probably a bit freaked out that what seemed like just a funny coincidence when she met Blake, now looks like something more sinister. I'm not buying it. If the REAL Lori knew her pre 1988 she would surely have recognised her 15 years later. But, ya never know!

QUICK POLL RESULTS

Lori is someone who was on Namus 3
Lori was never reported missing but we've heard of her 16
Lori was never reported missing and we've never heard of her 31
Lori was Sandy Hopler 4
Lori knew the Turner family 8
S/S1988 was telling the truth 22
You're so giddy you could pee your pants 32

We have a winner haha! Can someone order in some Tena Lady as well as those megaphones. Cheers

On the last question, I may have gotten caught up in semantics. Was it "could" or "did"?

Is "off yourself" something americans say? As an aussi I know people would say that sort of thing as a slang term for suicide.

Wow, that's really ugly.

Is "off yourself" something americans say? As an aussi I know people would say that sort of thing as a slang term for suicide.

Yep it's slang for committing suicide in the US as well

Hm, that's a pretty angry outburst.

Also, the 'Love & Hugs' gif next to it is so incongruous!

yep, I still believe in the Turner/Howder love child theory. I really think it's the most likely scenario when you look into both families.
***I thought this would show as a reply somewhere else...I'm a lurker not a poster! 😁

This is where i found the photo. Someone else discovered the webpage after I posted the pictures.

not sure if this is related but I found this info that may or may not be connected with the family reguarding SPIES.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg
Wow, I can see why she'd want to hide from something like that if it were the case.

I just looked up some information about ethel greenglass (rosenburg), and it seems the name is commonly used in WA, PA, NY and OH. I dont hace ancestory though, so I can't research more.

No no, she's a claimed friend of the niece. So this is like an I said she said she said deal lol

ha, it's too early for me to be starting rumors. thanks for the clarification.

I just saw the copied and pasted emails from Velling and came back over to see what everyone thought. This is so strange... I really don't know what to think.

It would be completely insane to make up those emails but I still find it very odd.

Let's say it is true, then how did NAMUS get the information she was identified if it needed to be kept a secret?

It bothers me that she/he took the dates out of the copied in emails, what would be the reason behind that? The emails could have said anything and she/he changed the text.

Ugh.. This is getting weirder and weirder.

I agree~~Something is not right in dodge. Recently, the niece starts talking with her friend, and then she is identified days later. Wouldn't the niece tell her friend, "Oh, she was identified a long time ago?"

I've been a lurker, but anyone think LEK was from or has Hawaii connections? The FOIA request mentions Hilo Hawaii in the un-redacted version. Akoya from CW copies and pastes an email from Velling with the following: "Perhaps. The best course of action would be for me to go see sister XXXXXXX in XXXXXXXXXXX." Could "XXXXXXXXXXX" be "HiloxHawaii"?

I'm officially addicted to this case.

I've been a lurker, but anyone think LEK was from or has Hawaii connections? The FOIA request mentions Hilo Hawaii in the un-redacted version. Akoya from CW copies and pastes an email from Velling with the following: "Perhaps. The best course of action would be for me to go see sister XXXXXXX in XXXXXXXXXXX." Could "XXXXXXXXXXX" be "HiloxHawaii"?

I'm officially addicted to this case.

Welcome killerqueen!! I'm intrigued that Lori might have a living sister and am not sure I've ever heard Hawaii mentioned in this case.

I don't mind going if needed (I'll start a for my flights, yeah?)

Terry Turner lives in Hawaii and so do two of his children from another relationship after his girls died in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr