TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know who she is, not 100% but her posts sound like the person I know. I have a hand full of friends that also think it's that person.
I think I also read a neighbor of Lori has tried to figure the case out, it's possible that's who Akoya is.

Exactly, no date and it says we should know in a month, but a year ago

Wait...

Could it be the woman with the holey clothes that was requesting financial help on ?

I just saw the copied and pasted emails from Velling and came back over to see what everyone thought. This is so strange... I really don't know what to think.

It would be completely insane to make up those emails but I still find it very odd.

Let's say it is true, then how did NAMUS get the information she was identified if it needed to be kept a secret?

It bothers me that she/he took the dates out of the copied in emails, what would be the reason behind that? The emails could have said anything and she/he changed the text.

Ugh.. This is getting weirder and weirder.

Taking the dates out is a red flag.

I don't understand why this person was so offended by the replies to the emails that namus sent me earlier but then have no problem sharing their "emails" from Velling..
I do also find it strange that the dates are blocked out.

There was nothing wrong with your screen shot. Michael did nothing wrong. I agree, posting Velling's emails was really in bad taste.

the more this person replies, the less i believe them. i think he/she is interested in the case like we are. he/she probably sent velling a tip or two here-and-there and he responded. maybe they were good tips, maybe his/her tips even solved it or lead to it being solved - i am not saying this is impossible. i think it is a stretch to call themselves "THE investigator" working "with velling" though. each post just screams louder of someone wanting attention for knowing it all before everyone else (even if they do know her identity).

if it were truly a matter of her daughter being in danger, i highly doubt this information would have been released, or that an official name would be released in the future. government agencies/LE have a way of blocking that information from being released/published if necessary, at least for a certain period of time.

idk, something just seems off about this person to me. i do not think they are lying or a troll, necessarily, or that they are even doing/saying these things to cause trouble. i do think whoever it is has a massively inflated ego and is very hypocritical for posting *anything* while being ~so offended~ that this is being discussed. perhaps his/her time would be better spent contacting people to find out how to stop this information from being shared, if it is as important as they say. NAMUS' simple and professional e-mail reply was unprofessional but him/her sparking controversy and fueling the fire of drama isn't? sorry, i am not buying this. if they are a legitimate investigator, i would like to see them post who they are and their experience/portfolio. until then, i am taking everything they say with a LARGE grain of salt.

am i alone in feeling this way? :/

I think she thinks she did solve it but what I know about NamUs and UNT, I don't think she did

Phew, back up. Did we break the internet?! :giggle:

I think it's me! Every time I try to post I get kicked off and WS goes down. I'll just sit quietly in the corner now....:silenced: :escape:

I can't post on CW, if anyone has an account (or if Akoya is reading this herself), I'd like her to confirm if she was working on this case in an official capacity, and if so what agency is she with?

I can't post on CW, if anyone has an account (or if Akoya is reading this herself), I'd like her to confirm if she was working on this case in an official capacity, and if so what agency is she with?

Here on WebSleuths, there's a strict verification process to weed out people like her who claim they're in with the big dogs.

She must be reading bcause she says she is getting attacked by people on other sites...

She must be reading bcause she says she is getting attacked by people on other sites...

I don't feel she's really being 'attacked' here, there has just been healthy skepticism.

I think anything you say to this one will be classed as an attack. Screen shots will be taken and threats of taking to police etc etc etc

I know exactly who you are talking about and I wouldn't be surprised if it's her.

I've been following LEK's case for the last three or four years. It's always been one of my top cases to see solved. But now that we know she is is identified, I don't feel the same urgency to know who she is. Yes, I want to know her story, but if I don't, so be it. I want her soul to be at peace. I'd like to think the Ruffs have her daughter's best interests at heart and will reveal what she needs to know at the right time. And if she ever comes searching, I hope she will see that there were many who cared about who her mother is.

That said, has anyone contacted the ST to ask who is covering the story and when it might be published? I know someone contacted the previous writer who is now freelance, but maybe the actual paper will give some info.

Why would anyone le or any other investigating agency mislead thousands of people for a year...they would have annouced case solved when veillings retired and no information will be released...but they replaced veilings with someome else, i rember a Kirk.M.. not sure of his last name would he be the one to contact now.
Ahoya since you inserted yourself. you have to know that thousands of people has spent hours days and years researching to help solve this case . precious hours that could have went into solving other cases in the past years. so yes we are skeptical. and are you a investigator or justa regular web researcher like us. and what lead you to become aware of this woman if she wasnt on any sites on the net..

For those people who haven't worked with Namus much: it's quite common for us to find out a person has been identified but never learn the name--sometimes even when we're positive it was somebody in one of the databases. In most cases, the family of the deceased has the right to decide whether to release or not release that information, and many families seem to feel that having the information go public somehow reflects poorly on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When asked if he could verify Lori was connected with PA, Jeremy Renner replied:

I have not been able to confirm that. It's a rumor. I'm waiting for the Seattle update just like everyone else.

For those people who haven't worked with Namus much: it's quite common for us to find out a person has been identified but never learn the name--sometimes even when we're positive it was somebody in one of the databases. In most cases, the family of the deceased has the right to decide whether to release or not release that information, and many families seem to feel that having the information go public somehow reflects poorly on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't agree with what you just said. They are covered under the FOIA. They might not announce publicly what happened in a case, but they have no ability to seal it either. Read section B

https://identifyus.org/en/home/terms_of_use

You have no control over the private information you submit to them if you choose to do so. The families have no control over this information. It will be handled based on how all federal documents are handled.

I am late to this party but for some reason I can't let the Ben Perkins name rest. I found an article about a Ben Perkins who was disbarred in 1989. This really bothered me. Has anyone came across the like?

If it's who I think your thinking it is then they have a few accounts on here so will no doubt read the comments. That will never stop them though. I am surprised though that they haven't mentioned being paid for it or asking to be paid for it lol. :scared:

Bingo!

I am late to this party but for some reason I can't let the Ben Perkins name rest. I found an article about a Ben Perkins who was disbarred in 1989. This really bothered me. Has anyone came across the like?

Yep, it's come up here dozens of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members