TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, lots of posts coming fast at us, & I know I've missed something. Just to recap the latest developments:

* NAMUS has identified LEK. That is, they know her birth name. However, they are being coy with releasing it. (Maybe the Seattle Times will write a story about it, maybe the SSA will make an announcement.)
* Despite that, Websleuthers here have identified LEK with an unnamed girl in a family picture album. (Images of that girl have been shared earlier in this thread. See page 103 where it appears three times.)
* LEK is *not* the actress Sandra Bullock. Nor do we even have confirmation that LEK ever watched a Sandra Bullock movie.
* This girl is somehow connected to the H()dwer family. (Not sure if her name is "Wanda", "Windy" or "Wendy". Or maybe one of those is her mother's name. "Sandy" was another name thrown around at one point.)
* Her father may be a person arrested in 1961 for stealing a quarter million dollars in drugs.
* Her mother or grandmother may be the woman in this article: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=146440495
* I'm sure I got something in this list wrong.
* This website uses a lot of Adobe Flash, which makes it difficult for me to keep up with developments. (Flash has crashed at least 4 times for me trying to read pages on this website today.)

Have I missed anything?

I used to have problems loading pages, so much so I changed my "posts per page" to 50 which has helped. As a result I have no idea what page 103 means either, we're on page 33 in my layout which is way over the usual cut off of around 20 pages!

Wow, just woke up here in my time zone and have been catching up here and on the FB page. I can't believe it, this is so exciting. I am hoping the Seattle Times article will come out in the next day or so and give us some closure.

I think that maybe the ID has been known for a little while and wouldn't be surprised if AWillis' FOIA request was the prompt for them to go public?

Love how everyone is doing some frantic last minute sleuthing to try and solve it before the identity gets released, ha! I am sitting here hoping weirdly that she turns out to be one of the people/theories that's been discussed here rather than some random new person. Just so that all of your years of painstaking looking haven't been in vain! But really, it'll just be great to know, and am pleased that her daughter will grow up having that knowledge.

Now to find a new case to get stuck in to, otherwise what will I do with my spare time....

I left a message for FOIA today. Hopefully, they still send the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, lots of posts coming fast at us, & I know I've missed something. Just to recap the latest developments:

* NAMUS has identified LEK. That is, they know her birth name. However, they are being coy with releasing it. (Maybe the Seattle Times will write a story about it, maybe the SSA will make an announcement.)
* Despite that, Websleuthers here have identified LEK with an unnamed girl in a family picture album. (Images of that girl have been shared earlier in this thread. See page 103 where it appears three times.)
* LEK is *not* the actress Sandra Bullock. Nor do we even have confirmation that LEK ever watched a Sandra Bullock movie.
* This girl is somehow connected to the H()dwer family. (Not sure if her name is "Wanda", "Windy" or "Wendy". Or maybe one of those is her mother's name. "Sandy" was another name thrown around at one point.)
* Her father may be a person arrested in 1961 for stealing a quarter million dollars in drugs.
* Her mother or grandmother may be the woman in this article: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=146440495
* This website uses a lot of Adobe Flash, which makes it difficult for me to keep up with developments. (Flash has crashed at least 4 times for me trying to read pages on this website today.)

Have I missed anything?

There is a Sandy Bullock (who is not the actress) and who married a Howder and is in her 70s or thereabouts. The Howder she married is father to at least 17 kids, one of which is Wanda. This family is known to BST's father.

I keep saying, "Come on, hurry up" and then I realized I don't know who I'm telling to hurry up.

ok first of all we are not Web-*advertiser censored* ........:) it is kinda funny though (see I have a sense of humor)

The original reporter is no longer at the ST, and Velling has retired. So who is doing the follow-up story at ST? Anyone know? And is there a name for the new lead at the SSA?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Velling still works the case as far as I know.

Have I missed anything?

How are you sorting your posts? I have mine 100 per page

It's not up to NamUs if it gets released or not, that's LE's call

ok two questions ....has anyone seen a pic or found Christine B. , Terry turners daughter in the FOIA.......2.Ive already forgotten 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera