TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest take-away from the FOIA stuff is that LE thought FLEK planned to kill her in-laws, but they weren't home, so she killed herself. I've never seen that in my life and have been following this case a very long time! I wonder why they would think that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find this odd.
If they were not home, wouldn't they have seen her SUV when they returned home?
From what I recall is Mr. Ruff went out to retrieve the paper and seen her SUV and upon approaching it found her deceased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My biggest take-away from the FOIA stuff is that LE thought FLEK planned to kill her in-laws, but they weren't home, so she killed herself. I've never seen that in my life and have been following this case a very long time! I wonder why they would think that.

That's the biggest take away for myself. It says that she found they weren't home, so she killed herself (assumption from documentation). We've been led to believe that father Ruff went out to get the morning paper and saw her Tahoe idling in the drive, so the police were called, and she was found dead inside the vehicle. Beings that the information regarding the Ruffs not being home is part of an official report from a federal law enforcement officer then that's supposed to be fact, correct?
So there's that, the Ruffs not being nearly the fountain of wealth that they were initially portrayed, and what else? What else have we been misled on? [emoji20] [emoji19]

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I find this odd.
If they wrre not home, wouldn't they have seen her SUV when they returned home? From what I recall is Mr. Ruff went out to retrieve the paper and seen her SUV and upon approaching it found her deceased.

I think it's important to point out how completely unreasonable she had become leading up to this incident. In the Seattle Times piece, neighbors have said she had been pacing the borders of her property, her soon-to-be ex-in-laws had pursued a protective order against her, and her minister spoke of her rambling to herself. Also, the route from Leonard, TX (where she and Blake lived) to Longview is roughly two hours and 15 minutes, according to Google Maps. That is a long drive to have to think about what you're about to do. So, I don't think Lori was really considering the logistics of this situation.

I don't feel like it was wealth that drove her towards BR and his family. I think it had to do with their social connections, which she had also mentioned apparently to the owner of one of the tea shops in the early 1990s. I think she oddly liked the idea of having these connections, though she then pushed people away from knowing any real details about her. Perhaps that was part of the facade for her. Or maybe it says something about where she came from.

How do we know she said that to a tea shop person? I have never seen that before

How do we know she said that to a tea shop person? I have never seen that before

I was wondering that too. Maybe referring to what the guy on YouTube who knew her said below?

"this was not a very close friend of my Mom. In fact my mother got the vibe that Lori didn't like her initially, so my Mom didn't think too much of it. According to my mother, this bothered Lori regarding her social standing and this is how they started to smooth things over and get to know one another better at my Moms work..."

I heard NAMUS took her page down and she has been identified......

EDIT: Whoops! Of course you guys know that already lol! Looking forward to finding out what happened!!

Wow!
I wonder if/when we'll find out LEK's true identity!?
I honestly never thought she was going to be identified.

Someone at the ****************** forum under the name "Akoya" posted the text below. I think it's super interesting...

"I have read this communication from someone at NAMUS and I am very concerned and disturbed. I was the researcher who worked with Joe Velling and identified Lori Ruff. She was not Sandra Hopler or any of the other guesses that have come out of Websleuths. I have had no contact with anyone from the Seattle Times. Joe Velling is now retired and no longer a Special Agent in Charge for the Social Security Administration, in Seattle. Neither of us has released the identity or other information to anyone.

There are very compelling reasons why Lori Ruff’s identity has not been released to the public by law enforcement agencies. It is unprofessional and irresponsible for any of these people to be making statements for or about Joe Velling or me."

Wow!
I wonder if/when we'll find out LEK's true identity!?
I honestly never thought she was going to be identified.

Someone update me!!!! I've had a very long day at work and just got on here. Did I read correctly, she was from Virginia???

Someone at the ****************** forum under the name "Akoya" posted the text below. I think it's super interesting...

"I have read this communication from someone at NAMUS and I am very concerned and disturbed. I was the researcher who worked with Joe Velling and identified Lori Ruff. She was not Sandra Hopler or any of the other guesses that have come out of Websleuths. I have had no contact with anyone from the Seattle Times. Joe Velling is now retired and no longer a Special Agent in Charge for the Social Security Administration, in Seattle. Neither of us has released the identity or other information to anyone.

There are very compelling reasons why Lori Ruff’s identity has not been released to the public by law enforcement agencies. It is unprofessional and irresponsible for any of these people to be making statements for or about Joe Velling or me."

Whoa

[emoji52]

Ok, ha ha ha everyone. This has got to be a joke. I feel like someone is messing with us! [emoji33]

That is too bad for this Akoya person. My government spent our money to find out who this lady was, and if they know, unless it involves national security we are entitled to know. I cannot think of any compelling reason that should override our right to know. It's a good thing I am not a member of that forum, or I am sure i would be banned for giving that person a piece of my mind. How long has this person and Velling sat on this info? That question is rhetorical.

So, I wonder if this means they didn't release the ID to the family...

What forum even is it?

Is it possible to tell us where this is posted? I'm so hopeful it won't be kept a secret! Thanks!

Is it possible to tell us where this is posted? I'm so hopeful it won't be kept a secret! Thanks!

Crime Watchers...I don't know why it was blanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member