TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever that Ayoka person is - they appear to be an armchair detective just like the rest of us. CW's FLEK thread is weak compared to all the time and effort we've put into it here at WS. [emoji36] I wonder if this A person thinks Michael Nance just pulled out that Seattle Times info from his *advertiser censored* or.?? Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up after work

Someone at the ****************** forum under the name "Akoya" posted the text below. I think it's super interesting...

"I have read this communication from someone at NAMUS and I am very concerned and disturbed. I was the researcher who worked with Joe Velling and identified Lori Ruff. She was not Sandra Hopler or any of the other guesses that have come out of Websleuths. I have had no contact with anyone from the Seattle Times. Joe Velling is now retired and no longer a Special Agent in Charge for the Social Security Administration, in Seattle. Neither of us has released the identity or other information to anyone.

There are very compelling reasons why Lori Ruff’s identity has not been released to the public by law enforcement agencies. It is unprofessional and irresponsible for any of these people to be making statements for or about Joe Velling or me."

WHAT. Does this mean the info won't be released anymore? Can she actually stop it from happening? She makes it sound like something truly macabre. What could the "compelling" reasons be for hoarding this information and allowing the public to continue going crazy? As I understand the information is already out of their hands right?

Pacing: I was under the impression she did this prior to the separation, like a habit?

FOI: I brought that up a while ago, it does not make sense. They weren't home but they didn't see her car until the father went out for the paper? Huh? We know she sent threatening emails but what else gave LE the impression she wanted to kill the Ruffs? Huge holes here

Has the reddit niece shared more? The info is fascinating but a bit confusing. So she knew all about the ruffs before she married Blake, food for thought, I just don't get it yet

So, I wonder if this means they didn't release the ID to the family...
Wouldn't Velling be obligated to release her identity to at least her husband, her next of kin? Or no? And as an investigator, Velling IS obligated to disclose his case findings and the results thereof to his superiors. If he has been retired for approximately a year, and she was identified approximately 6 months ago, then he had to have another Agent who took over the case and the rest of his caseload. I find it hard to believe that "no one" else knew of the investigative findings.

As for "Akoya", thank you for your research. No one has disrespected you or Agent Velling. You may not see why people need to know who Lori really was, but there are definitely people who do need the truth.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Here:

54d818198ff3178ce226945278b97bc4.jpg

Wouldn't Velling be obligated to release her identity to at least her husband, her next of kin? Or no? And as an investigator, Velling IS obligated to disclose his case findings and the results thereof to his superiors. If he has been retired for approximately a year, and she was identified approximately 6 months ago, then he had to have another Agent who took over the case and the rest of his caseload. I find it hard to believe that "no one" else knew of the investigative findings.

As for "Akoya", thank you for your research. No one has disrespected you or Agent Velling. You may not see why people need to know who Lori really was, but there are definitely people who do need the truth.

Maybe it means the family didn't seek the information or they're not referring to the family as the public. But I would think that the poster would understand that the family could share the info.

Why would "Akoya" respond on a forum where the thread relating to this case is over 12 months old and had approximately 18 posts when she/he posted? If you want to convey your concern, wouldn't you post here or on reddit where the case is being discussed at length on a regular basis?

Sorry for being suspicious but it seems odd to me.

Maybe this person is a fraud. You can't go to the government, the press, and the public and say help us with this mystery, then when its solved, just say forget we said anything. I wonder if this person had anything to do with this. Perhaps its a Baron Munchausen.

I agree that it's strange. I agree that you can't throw this case to the public and then try to take it back. It's like unringing a bell.

I feel like we all are owed at *least* a professional statement from the FBI or the ssa or like law enforcement that says, "hey guys, we know who she is but we can't tell you. Sorry." This is frustrating that rumors and speculation have been swirling all day and then someone who claims to have solved it all themselves comes along and is a total shhhhh about it. Like wtf. [emoji35]

So does this mean she is related to the L and Eric that we found with the same name from the same town??

I have no idea. The last I said to MDDM was lmk what niece says about the news.

Maybe this person is a fraud. You can't go to the government, the press, and the public and say help us with this mystery, then when its solved, just say forget we said anything. I wonder if this person had anything to do with this. Perhaps its a Baron Munchausen.

Baron Munchausen...As in Syndrome? IE: Attention?

So everything was prepared in advance...when they met at church she already knew all about him and his family. Mind blown right now...

No way! I've only been a very peripheral follower, those of you really invested in this case must be over the moon! So ready to learn more!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Why would "Akoya" respond on a forum where the thread relating to this case is over 12 months old and had approximately 18 posts when she/he posted? If you want to convey your concern, wouldn't you post here or on reddit where the case is being discussed at length on a regular basis?

Sorry for being suspicious but it seems odd to me.

They seem like they're a very frequent poster on that site, so maybe it's just their 'go to' for anything true crime related.

Honestly, I think they're being a little self-righteous in their post. The contact from Namus who confirmed that FLEK had been ID'd and then who said that the ST will be writing an article wouldn't have said that if there wasn't a story planned surely. I think the people who work at Namus probably have a bit more of a clue than to just run off at the mouth to strangers in an email.

It also seems very odd to me that this person was claiming to be working for Velling when Velling has retired. I get that Velling may have maintained a personal interest in the case, but would that extend to him appointing a researcher to work with him? Odd, odd, odd. Who knows what to think.

Baron Munchausen...As in Syndrome? IE: Attention?

That is where the syndrome took its name from a baron Munchausen who claimed great exploits and accomplishments for attention. I am just meaning this person is claiming credit for something they had nothing to do with. Claiming to be the researcher that solved it all.

Is it possible to tell us where this is posted? I'm so hopeful it won't be kept a secret! Thanks!

Her post makes no sense. What statements were made about Velling (or any of the investigators?) When you make a case public and ask for the public's help in identifying this woman, naturally the public is going to be interested. If she's upset that SPI is doing a story, she needs to take that up with SPI. I'm guessing she has just come to feel protective of LEK which is totally understandable, and she just let her emotions get the best of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties