TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you notice someone added "Ruff was identified in September 2016, although her identity has not been released to the public.[1]" to wiki?
Yep.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

If a government agency has the info, they will be forced to under FOIA. Only exception would be national security.
So she really must be a KGB spy! *gasp* I kid, I kid!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Wonder what photography studio did the pictures of Eric & Lori's wedding...where this Lori found her wedding dress...did she attend UT-Arlington....

If a government agency has the info, they will be forced to under FOIA. Only exception would be national security.

That's what I figure...I'm definitely checking on the FOIA every day until I hear something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, If I understand this correctly, FLEK's family knew the Ruff family??

If that is the case~~and L & E Ruff knew FLEK~~could they be friends with FLEK's family? FB, maybe?

If LEK knew Eric or his wife before she changed her name, wouldn't they have said something when years down the line she shows up in blakes life using a different name? I think it's just a coincidence that she chose the name Lori Erica. JMO

The info that FLEK chose her name because of their names is coming to us 3rd or 4th hand through someone who contacted a reddit poster who claims to know Blake's Niece and got the info from her. Personally, I think we need to take it with a huge grain of salt. For one thing, Blake's family also were so freaked out about Lori's name change they thought she could be a KGB agent. I would not be one bit surprised if at some point someone pointed out how her name was a combination of their names and the family made up a conspiracy theory that Lori stalked them from the beginning. They may believe that happened. That is not the same thing as it actually happening. Yeah, I lean toward Lori and Erica are common names and the Ruff family likes to jump to conclusions pretty fast. JMO. YMMV.

The poster on the other forum who said he/she worked with velling posted again saying that LEK was not a bad or dangerous person, that she did steal a name from a headstone but she is a victim with baggage (paraphrasing bc I'm on mobile)

Sorry if this has been asked or mentioned...but if "Lori" went to kill the in laws, why did she leave suicide notes for Blake and daughter?

The poster on the other forum who said he/she worked with velling posted again saying that LEK was not a bad or dangerous person, that she did steal a name from a headstone but she is a victim with baggage (paraphrasing bc I'm on mobile)

Of course she has baggage..lol. She faked her identity for 20 years. that poster is posting the obvious. My latest theory was going to be a legal prostitute from northern nevada. Now that could get some politicians scared I suppose. But unless she is a rogue CIA agent we are all going to hear about it. IF she was a rogue CIA agent, that poster would have disappeared a couple of days after his/her tip. LOL

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here & suggest there may be a good reason for the privacy & not disclosing FLEKs name. The US government does "sit on" info & wait years to form cases. There is a chance that FLEKs Identity theft is affecting a current case. The timeline for the case starts in the late 1980s...so it's entirely possible.

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here & suggest there may be a good reason for the privacy & not disclosing FLEKs name. The US government does "sit on" info & wait years to firm cases. There is a chance that FLEKs Identity theft is affecting a current case. The timeline for the case starts in the late 1980s...so it's entirely possible.

That could be true, but that poster would have never been told that. She/he would have been told thanks for the tip - nothing came of it. YOu would not let a civilian know something like that even if they were the tipster.

Of course she has baggage..lol. She faked her identity for 20 years. that poster is posting the obvious. My latest theory was going to be a legal prostitute from northern nevada. Now that could get some politicians scared I suppose. But unless she is a rogue CIA agent we are all going to hear about it. IF she was a rogue CIA agent, that poster would have disappeared a couple of days after his/her tip. LOL

I don't disagree, and am not trying to be snarky. I was just sharing the info I saw on the post. More specifically, the part about the headstone. Who even knows if the poster is legit or if they meant it literally.

I don't disagree, and am not trying to be snarky. I was just sharing the info I saw on the post. More specifically, the part about the headstone. Who even knows if the poster is legit or if they meant it literally.

I know you didn't want to sound snarky. I was directing my sarcasm at that poster not you. I appreciate you posting it so I can vent at them vicariously.

i just signed on to see this amazing news. i hope we find out who she is, but i will say it is just exciting to know this case has finally been solved.

i do wonder if all the recent developments have anything to do with this news. it sounded like a few months ago when the PI said she had been Id'ed, or that they were close, that it was done through private means. i always figured even if the family discovered her identity through private ways the NAMUS page would remain. now, however, i am wondering if the family's plan to just keep the news of an identification within the family circle have been provoked (for lack of a better word) to share the info with NAMUS and release a statement in the press because interest in FLEK's case has only grown stronger. The recent FOIA request regarding the suicide, more people posting that they know her, the niece's friend (if this is true) sharing with her the websleuths thread and podcast could have sparked them to finally accept that the public needs an answer? or maybe she was just ID'ed today? what are your thoughts?

i would love to know her real name tonight, but with the FOIA i am sure that we will know ~someday~ and for now i am choosing to be okay with that. this is exciting for so many reasons and i am on the edge of my seat like all of you. my main focus right now is happiness for her daughter, who will never again have to live another day not knowing who her mother was. that's a success in my book, folks. so i will not speculate tonight on who she may be or what negative things surrounded this woman in life. i am going to focus on the fact that tonight we have one less UID and that's all any of us really want anyway. lets be happy and celebrate! this is just how i am choosing to do so. i may not be speculating tonight but i am enjoying reading through everyone's ideas. how incredible it is - another case CLOSED. oh, happy day! :)

ETA: sorry for sloppiness and typos. i am shaking a little with excitement lol

Whoever that Ayoka person is - they appear to be an armchair detective just like the rest of us. CW's FLEK thread is weak compared to all the time and effort we've put into it here at WS. [emoji36] I wonder if this A person thinks Michael Nance just pulled out that Seattle Times info from his *advertiser censored* or.?? Ugh.

I honestly don't think Akoya ID d Lori, I think Sprin/Summer did. I think Akoya is an advocate from oz that claimed to have ID Grateful Dead fan that's no longer on WS. A few of. Think we're right cause she talks exactly like the person we know. She'll be shocked when it turns out spring/summers exGF. The timing is right. My March DNA came back over night. Velling had to find the person and person to donate DNA. Spring/Summer sounded very sure so that's what I'm going with.

Nance did nothing wrong. He cnfirmed the profile was pulled but LE have to announce.

The Eric you found is Blake's first cousin. I can tell you that much--and he did marry his wife (Lori) in 1986 in Dallas, SO FLEK could have known them and chosen her name from that like this supposed insider is saying. But this is crazy beyond explanation to think she could plan that out in 1988 to try to meet and marry a member of the Ruff family in 2003. Maybe she didn't target Blake to marry him. Maybe she was friends with his cousin's wife in 1988 and liked her name enough to choose it when she was changing identities. Lori is a VERY common name for women born in the 1960's and it might have just been a coincidence.

I thought the same thing about the name-- the friend says what are the odds of her having the same name as family members, and I would think the odds are actually pretty good. Those were popular names.

Having said that, I am now wondering if there was ever any connection found between the Ruffs that lived on Caballo in Idaho and the Texas Ruffs? I didn't think there was...

Also, I am wondering if all of the knowledge FLEK had was a result of her genealogical research and nothing more?

Why would "Akoya" respond on a forum where the thread relating to this case is over 12 months old and had approximately 18 posts when she/he posted? If you want to convey your concern, wouldn't you post here or on reddit where the case is being discussed at length on a regular basis?

Sorry for being suspicious but it seems odd to me.

If she's the person my friends and I think she is; she can't post here

I honestly don't think Akoya ID d Lori, I think Sprin/Summer did. I think Akoya is an advocate from oz that claimed to have ID Grateful Dead fan that's no longer on WS. A few of. Think we're right cause she talks exactly like the person we know. She'll be shocked when it turns out spring/summers exGF. The timing is right. My March DNA came back over night. Velling had to find the person and person to donate DNA. Spring/Summer sounded very sure so that's what I'm going with.

Nance did nothing wrong. He cnfirmed the profile was pulled but LE have to announce.

wait, how is s/s involved in todays news? i thought he had been MIA for months if not years?

No matter what I'm just hoping her daughter can eventually find out who her mom really was. I've been looking over all the notes I've jotted over time and wonder if one of the women we've looked at is her. I appreciate all of you who post and share so much. I've never really felt I had a lot to contribute - but nonetheless I've walked this journey with you. And hopefully will get an answer with you as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I totally get her point-of-view. I have always felt LEK was a victim and the horror of this situation has always been to me what could have driven her to create a new identity. I think, realistically, because of the story getting out that the public naturally wants to know the conclusion. But most any of us do care about the safety of the family in this situation.

What I wouldn't do for velling to join us here or do an AMA lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member