GUILTY TX - Louetta Harrelson, 51, & Peggy Merimon, 61, Lubbock, 9 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also think he gave alot away when he stated that these 2 women had been in his home on several occasions. I feel he knew they would find evidence and he needed to cover his butt.

Friday, November 17, 2006
You can help find Peggy
Family seeks 500 volunteers to search for missing woman

BY BETH AARON
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

The family of missing Lubbock State School employee Peggy Merimon has joined with National Locator Service in an attempt to bring the grandmother of 24 home.

Gary Pringle, who has been working with National Locator Service for 23 years, announced Thursday that he and the Merimon family would like to recruit at least 500 people for a day-long search Dec. 2.

"A concentrated effort by a concerned community can help bring Peggy home," Pringle said in a prepared statement.

Merimon, 61, and 51-year-old Kay Harrelson worked as data-entry clerks at Lubbock State School and were last seen getting into a car with an unidentified white man at lunchtime on Aug. 9.

Beth Aaron / Staff
Gary Pringle with National Locator Service announces a massive search for the remains of missing Lubbock State School employee Peggy Merimon.
Order a print

Harrelson's body was found Aug. 20 in a ditch southwest of Shallowater. Investigators with the Lubbock County Medical Examiner's Office still have not released her cause of death. Merimon still has not been located.

Natosha Davis, Merimon's daughter, said she hopes Pringle's efforts will soon bring closure to her family.

"I don't know if (Gary) relates or what, but he understands that the holidays are going to be extremely difficult for our family and hopefully we bring her home before Christmas," Davis said.

Churches, civic organizations and fraternities and sororities are encouraged to participate in the search, Pringle said.

The family also asks that off-duty police officers and firefighters, members of the National Guard and all rescue units give their time, training and expertise, Pringle said.

"Additionally everyone (within) a 120-mile radius of Lubbock should thoroughly search their property for any sign of Peggy Merimon," he said. "Farmers, ranchers, hikers, hunters and outdoor recreational enthusiasts are asked to be constantly on alert."

Beth Aaron / Staff
Natosha Davis, Peggy Merimon's daughter, and Sean Appleton, Merimon's son, stand in front of the Lubbock County Courthouse on Thursday. The Merimon family, with the help of National Locator Service, will organize a regional search for Merimon's remains on Dec. 2.
Order a print

Police still have not named a suspect in Harrelson's death or Merimon's disappearance.

Pringle had a message for whoever is responsible for either crime:

"My cell phone number is (806) 544-9856. You can anonymously call me and tell me where to find Peggy. By doing so, you earn my mercy and the gratitude of this family. However, if you fail to do so, we will find Peggy, I will find you and you will receive neither mercy nor gratitude."

Anyone interested in participating in the search may pre-register by calling Lone Star Bail Bond at 747-9857. Volunteers should be 18 years or older.

Peggy Merimon
5 feet, 6 inches tall.

150 pounds.

Dark hair and green eyes.

She was last seen wearing a white collared shirt with a pink bow and black pants.

She usually wears reading glasses.

Timeline

Aug. 9: Peggy Merimon, 61, and Kay Harrelson, 51, are reported missing from the Lubbock State School.

Aug. 10: Lubbock police release composite sketch of person of interest in Merimon's and Harrelson's disappearance.

Aug. 13: Lubbock police recover vehicle matching the description of the one in which the women were last seen from the Jim Bertram (Canyon Lakes) System but determine the car is not linked to their disappearance.

Aug. 16: Police interview a person of interest who was an employee at the Lubbock State School.

Aug. 17: Police impound the vehicle and search the vehicle and home of the person of interest.

Aug. 20: Volunteer searchers find Harrelson's body in a ditch 11/2 miles southwest of Shallowater.

Aug. 23: Lubbock State School residents and staff offer support to Harrelson's and Merimon's families through letters and cards.

Aug. 26: More than 300 volunteers search for Merimon during a search organized by Merimon's family, a Dallas search and rescue team and a canine search and rescue team out of Amarillo.

Aug. 30: Harrelson is laid to rest during a private service.

Oct. 3: Merimon's family offers a $5,000 reward for her return and organize another search.

Watson Sysco Food Service, River

Just checking to see if Peggy has been found or if that killer has been arrested yet. He probably thinks that he has gotten away with two murders.

I saw Peggy's daughter while I was eating lunch a couple of weeks ago. She looked so sad and tired. She has a new baby and the stress of that and all this must be unbearable. I wanted to go to her and give her a hug and tell her I was praying..that everyone was praying for her and her family...but, I didn't want to intrude.

They are having a massive search on Dec. 2 again, moving the search area out as far as Possum Kingdom. I think Gary Pringle will be of some help to them. He seems to be very determined to find Peggy.

santos1014 said:
I saw Peggy's daughter while I was eating lunch a couple of weeks ago. She looked so sad and tired. She has a new baby and the stress of that and all this must be unbearable. I wanted to go to her and give her a hug and tell her I was praying..that everyone was praying for her and her family...but, I didn't want to intrude.

They are having a massive search on Dec. 2 again, moving the search area out as far as Possum Kingdom. I think Gary Pringle will be of some help to them. He seems to be very determined to find Peggy.
On the news this morning they said the bones found during the search on the 2nd were from an animal. They did also find a white shirt, that they believe is Peggy's, that has been turned over to the crime lab for analysis. Praying that they find answers soon.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/category.asp?C=89051

2/7/07
[font=Verdana,Arial]Lubbock Medical Examiner Says It Was Homicide[/font]

No other DNA was found on the body, but the Lubbock Medical Examiner is now confirming that Kay Harrelson's death was a homicide.

It's something investigators have suspected ever since Harrelson's body was found in a Shallowater ditch, 11 days after she and co-worker Peggy Merimon disappeared. Both were last seen August 9 leaving the Lubbock State School, where they worked. Even after Wednesday's official ruling that the death was a homicide, it is still not known exactly how Harrelson died.

"We're not rushing. For us it's better to be right than to be fast." That's the word from, Thomas Beaver, Lubbock's Medical Examiner on why's its taken six months to determine the cause of death for Kay Harrelson.

Beaver said, "Because of the circumstances of death, I'm going to call it homicidal violence of an undetermined ideology because I don't have a finding for that but I think the circumstances are suspicious enough that this should be ruled a homicide."

Because of the state of the remains, there is no way to tell how Kay Harrelson died. Apparently, in the summer heat of 2006, the body decayed quickly and began to mummify. Beaver says those reasons, in combination with animal activity, most likely took away any evidence of how the murder occurred.

Beaver added, "This is an ongoing investigation and I think that there will be new information over time. When, I don't know. So I will be prepared to amend the death certificate in light of any new information we're able to acquire."

Beaver says any new information would have to come from the person responsible for the crime.

Lubbock County District Attorney, Matt Powell said, "If we were at a point where I felt that there was sufficient evidence to charge somebody with this it would be done."

When the investigation started, the person of interest in the crime was put on administrative leave from the Lubbock State School. We inquired about his status and representatives at the State School told us he is still employed there but has not shown up to work.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=6055558

So, Peggy Merimon is still missing? There was no mention of what may have happened to her in that article.

I couldn't find her on the charleyproject?

LisainWV said:
So, Peggy Merimon is still missing? There was no mention of what may have happened to her in that article.

I couldn't find her on the charleyproject?

I wish Peggy would be found. I can't even imagine what her family is going through. I believe that they are still looking for her. I wonder what LE is doing on the case. That man could have at least put Peggy where she would be found. I wonder if he is even still around? I wish LE could follow him around all day and night and park across from his house when he is home. Maybe he would get so nervous that he would turn himself in.

I wonder if the medical examiner is not telling everything. Mrs. Harrellson had been missing for 11 days when her body was found and surely the ME could at least still rule out some causes of death from examination of the body. Someone said on the court tv forum that the person of interest goes and sits in his car in the area where the dogs alerted awhile back, and it was also said that he is living with relatives. Too bad he is still running around free and a danger to women. I'd like to know if he has murdered others here or around the state and hasn't been linked to the crimes.

txsvicki said:
I wonder if the medical examiner is not telling everything. Mrs. Harrellson had been missing for 11 days when her body was found and surely the ME could at least still rule out some causes of death from examination of the body. Someone said on the court tv forum that the person of interest goes and sits in his car in the area where the dogs alerted awhile back, and it was also said that he is living with relatives. Too bad he is still running around free and a danger to women. I'd like to know if he has murdered others here or around the state and hasn't been linked to the crimes.
He is still employed at the state school, but officials say he hasn't shown up since he was put on leave. Peggy's family is still looking for her, the weather in Jan. held that all up some. There was a heartbreaking article in the Lubbock paper last week. The front page had a picture of her daughter, holding the grandson that Peggy has never seen. He was born during the time she has been missing. Her daughter stated that she just wants her mom back. If she is alive, then there will be lots of questions...but that doesnt matter, they want her back in any way. It's so sad. It just makes no sense to me that they cannot find a single trace of her anywhere!!

Oh that is so sad. Just heartbreaking isn't it. I can't believe that LE haven't found Peggy either. I wonder how well that area where that creep sits in his car was searched? Maybe they should go back and search it again only expand it out further. There must be a reason that man keeps going back there. Maybe he sits there and relives what he did to her and to Kay.

Him not going back to work sure says something to me. He probably knows that everyone believes he is guilty of two murders. He said that the two women had been in his home before. Was that ever proven? Wouldn't their husbands know if they had been to his house before and what would they have been their for anyway? I'll bet he is a liar and he just said that incase their hair or something was found there. I still wonder why they went with him that day during their lunch time. Did he say he needed their help with something? Maybe they thought they were going out for a hamburger or something and they were just being nice to the creep as he was a co-worker.

Monday will mark the eight month anniversary of the disappearance of Peggy Merimon.

Merimon was last seen August 9 leaving the Lubbock State School with co-worker Kay Harrelson. Harrelson's body was found 11 days later but so far no signs of Merimon. Monday, the Merimon family will hold a ribbon cutting to mark the eight month anniversary...

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=6339619

Unbelievable that it has been 8 months already. Maybe it will be easier to search when the weather gets nicer and woody areas aren't so wet. I just can't understand why he didn't leave Peggy where she could be found.

That creep never did go back to work. Didn't he work part of a day or something since the women went missing? It is only obvious that he is guilty as sin. I wish he would have a nervous breakdown and spill his gutts! Something has to make him talk.

I still find it upsetting to think that this man is able to go around town free and there's no telling what he is thinking or capable of doing. Someone was posting on the local newspaper forum that there is much more to this story and he will eventually be arrested. I just wonder what they are waiting for unless they are hoping to find Peggy first or if it is just that the local DA won't chance not getting a conviction for some reason. I think it's possible that he could be a serial killer since there are a few unsolved cases of murdered women being found out on country roads but of course there have been no linking of him to those crime or no hints from LE.

I really hope that he doesn't get away with this. I hope he is a nervous wreck and always looking behind his back. If he is innocent why hasn't he gone back to work? It has been eight months now...why is he still on leave?

Maybe LE should look in to the other murders in the area. If he hadn't been seen leaving with the two women no one would have known he was the guy they left with. He might have gotten away with these two murders too. I wonder why his wife left him? Be interesting to know.

Hopfully Peggy will be found once they are able to start searching again. What a shame that the family has had to go through this for so long. It has to be a nightmare for them just knowing that she is out there somewhere.

Hi All,
I called KCBD - TV NewsChannel 11
5600 Ave. A Lubbock, TX 79404
Main: 806.744.1414
and ask them why they have not shown a picture of the suspect that worked with the women missing and the news lady told me they were doing what the police have ask at this time.
I told her that she should have a reporter accidentally on purpose take one and put it on the news and that maybe it would remind someone of something in the case.
She laughed and said she may do that.
I told them that I was a member of Websleuths and that they were very good at putting a story together.

Pretty smart of that guy to say that the two women had been at his house before. That way if any kind of DNA like hair would have been found at his house LE couldn't prove when it got there. It's doubtful that either Kay or Peggy where ever at his house. I hope he doesn't get away with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back