Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or strapped in a car seat set aside in a field while he did what he needed to do. I'm just speculating here. The possibilities here are endless and having a toddler with him would not have deterred him. We've seen them go to longer lengths to try to get away with things. There is so much time unaccounted for if you don't believe his story that he was on the side of a road knocked out and we can only speculate at this point.

***Speaking of which... I'm wondering if he mentioned if the baby was in a car seat while they were allegedly on the side of the road and he was unconsciousness. That could explain why baby didn't wonder off. SURELY someone would have seen it though.***
I wonder what state the child was in while at the hospital. I would think he would show signs of trauma, or at least some type of behavior that would indicate he had just been through a horrible 24 hour ordeal. (Or had not) I wonder what the hospital staff observed and what they had to say to LE.

Yea, I posted pics zoomed in... At the very least, LE would have footage of him walking to the hospital IF he really did.

Along those lines - he "woke up" in the vicinity of cameras and the hospital is in the vicinity of cameras. One would think based on that they could narrow down the following:
1) Him walking around the area as he claimed (since it was 3-4 hrs of walking)
2) Him going to the hospital
3) Possibly how he got where he was "dumped"

I need to look up those locations on the traffic map and see what that reveals.

Yea, I posted pics zoomed in... At the very least, LE would have footage of him walking to the hospital IF he really did.
Didn't he eventually admit that he was dropped off? I'm assuming they saw that on camera and confronted him, and that's why he changed his story.
He probably wasn't walking around at all. Jmo

(CNN)A stepfather's account of how a 4-year-old Houston girl was abducted "changed multiple times," and detectives with one of the investigating police departments believe the story "did not add up," a police spokesman says.

Texas police have been looking for Maleah Davis since the weekend, after her stepfather Darion Vence reported that strangers knocked him out and eventually took off with Maleah.

But Vence's story changed multiple times during his interview with Sugar Land police, one of the agencies involved in the case, Sugar Land police spokesman Doug Adolph told CNN on Wednesday.

"His story did not add up," Adolph said, without elaborating on why it didn't add up, or in what ways the story changed.
Maleah Davis disappearance: Stepfather changed his story about her disappearance, police spokesman says - CNN

The recorded police presser also gives a good account of DV's version of events.

Having listened, I believe DV must feel very empowered that he was allowed to freely leave the hospital/police department!

Looking closer, their apartments are just outside of this plethora of traffic cameras. I'm going to look up the traffic cams in that area next. You can see my mouse on the intersection where their apartment is. (Kirkwood and Bissonnet).

Traffic cams in the city aren't looking too promising either... other than every freeway in the city, there isn't much in the area of where they live as far as traffic cams go. Here's to hoping he screwed up and drove through Sugar Land. Houston TranStar Cameras

I don’t have a lot of time for sleuthing today. For their apartment area - check Stafford, TX traffic cameras; other areas near there are Missouri City and Alief

Didn't he eventually admit that he was dropped off? I'm assuming they saw that on camera and confronted him, and that's why he changed his story.
Correct. He initially said he was dropped off, then said he walked there, then apparently security footage showed him being dropped off.
That still doesn't explain his timeline. IF he truly woke up at 6pm and didn't arrive at the hospital until 9-10pm, then what was he doing for 3-4 hours?

Did you get anywhere near the intersection of Bissonnet and Kirkwood? I believe that's where the TXEQ command center is/was located.

Thank you so much for all the photos, very helpful! MOO
Yes, I drove back-and-forth through that intersection several times looking for signs of TXEQ or the Altima.

Jason Miles‏Verified account @JMilesKHOU
Jason Miles Retweeted KHOU 11 News Houston

Back on the #MaleahDavis story. Family members say they’ll hand out flyers with a search group near missing child’s home in SW Houston. Meanwhile, Texas Equusearch has suspended operations due, in part, to weather. Updates on @KHOU #khou11 #htownrush

Jason Miles on Twitter
Maybe I am making too much of this, but I find it interesting that it says that TXEQ has suspended operations due in part to weather. I saw many areas that could have been searched, so maybe they are waiting on more information to direct their searches. JMO

Yes, I drove back-and-forth through that intersection several times looking for signs of TXEQ or the Altima.

Maybe I am making too much of this, but I find it interesting that it says that TXEQ has suspended operations due in part to weather. I saw many areas that could have been searched, so maybe they are waiting on more information to direct their searches. JMO

Actually, I was just wondering this same thing after viewing your pictures. Did TXEQ finish their search in the area of the apartment yesterday? If not, from the pictures you posted it seemed like there was a lot of area that could be looked at and is dry...

Even if he was dropped off, they may be able to go back through the footage and find out where that person picked him up from. And if luck is on our side, go back even further.

BB must be in shock and trying to process everything that has happened in the last two months. Maleah surgery mid March, <modsnip- unsubstantiated rumor> And her daughter missing while she is at her father’s funeral. <modsnip - unsubstantiated rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I was just wondering this same thing after viewing your pictures. Did TXEQ finish their search in the area of the apartment yesterday? If not, from the pictures you posted it seemed like there was a lot of area that could be looked at and is dry...
I think TXEQ may back off from search if they feel there has been some misdirection in the search. JMO.

I don’t have a lot of time for sleuthing today. For their apartment area - check Stafford, TX traffic cameras; other areas near there are Missouri City and Alief

Alief shows nothing - Missouri City shows nothing - Stafford, TX shows nothing as far as traffic camera map searches go. I'm not finding anything. I'm rushing though bc I am supposed to be working....

Can anyone tell me what day the mother left for the funeral? Did she and Maleah see Grandma the day before that? I seem to recall that the mother was doing laundry in preparation for her trip at her mother's house. Is that right?

Houston Police on Twitter
UPDATE on the search for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis: HPD investigators have new pictures of the stolen silver Nissan Altima (Texas paper tags 330-92G9) from which she was reportedly abducted. The photos, provided by family, were taken before her disappearance. #hounews
D6EILHYWAAMprsM.jpg
D6EIOYFWAAEbyd4.jpg
D6EIZ05WAAA_W4d.jpg

1:23 PM - 8 May 2019

Houston Police on Twitter
While HPD is not searching specific locations for Maleah, the investigation is very active & detectives need the public’s help. If you’ve seen Maleah, the silver Nissan or the blue pickup truck (like this one) call HPD Homicide at 713-308-3600 or @crimestophou at 713-222-TIPS.
D6EI4i0XoAEmNpU.jpg
D6EI6wrXsAANzsg.jpg

1:25 PM - 8 May 2019

I’m glad they’re looking for the blue truck as well. While I don’t believe his story, there is that .00001% chance. Cross every t and dot every i.

If you picked up a man that had a wild story to tell, wouldn't you park and go in with him ,instead of a hey nice to meet you, here you can get out now? Had to be someone he knew ( girlfriend on the sly?) and they will be found out soon enough.

I believe they made this decision last night when Sugar Land and Kingwood were flash flooding and under flood watch . Many cars were abandoned on roadways last night, although dry roads today. Schools were also canceled for today in advance of weather watch.

Definitely! And there hasn’t been any rain today so far.

Can anyone tell me what day the mother left for the funeral? Did she and Maleah see Grandma the day before that? I seem to recall that the mother was doing laundry in preparation for her trip at her mother's house. Is that right?
Monday - Laundry at BB2's, last time BB2 saw Maleah
Tuesday - Flight
Wednesday - Father's Service
Friday - Return Flight
MOO

Updated 4 minutes ago
Maleah Davis' stepdad changed story while reporting her missing: Police
[...]

According to police, Darion Vence showed up at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital on Saturday night, where an off-duty officer noticed fresh wounds on him. Vence claimed to be the victim of a roadside attack by three Hispanic suspects the day before while on his way to pick up the girl's mother from Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Police also initially stated Vence was with Maleah and his 1-year-old son when he was left unconscious. He stated that he regained consciousness late Saturday afternoon on the side of Highway 6 near First Colony Mall. His son was with him but Maleah was not.

Vence's son is in the care of a relative while authorities and Texas EquuSearch combed the surrounding area for the missing girl.

[...]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members