Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been away for a few days and didn't know about this poor little girl until now, and my heart is breaking. I'm also a little rage-filled.

Does anyone know the history of the POI? Where did he grow up? Where did he go to high school? Where has he worked?

Also, has anyone searched up boat ramps?

Basically, my take, the last two people to see Maleah is Mom and POI. I am only assuming Mom went back home Tuesday evening after doing laundry at her Mom's house. Mom flies out on Wednesday, iirc. Maleah is reported missing Saturday morning, three and one half days after presumably only being in her mother and POI's care. I am sorry to hear the weather is so atrocious and hampering search efforts because this little girl may have been missing a lot longer than when she was reported missing allowing the poi, and maybe others, to adequately dispose of her. I cannot help making comparisons to AJ Freund's case. MOO

Basically, my take, the last two people to see Maleah is Mom and POI. I am only assuming Mom went back home Tuesday evening after doing laundry at her Mom's house. Mom flies out on Wednesday, iirc. Maleah is reported missing Saturday morning, three and one half days after presumably only being in her mother and POI's care. I am sorry to hear the weather is so atrocious and hampering search efforts because this little girl may have been missing a lot longer than when she was reported missing allowing the poi, and maybe others, to adequately dispose of her. I cannot help making comparisons to AJ Freund's case. MOO
It's pouring near the Galleria. I'm actually surprised we haven't had flash flood warnings yet...

I believe BB2 said she was there Monday doing laundry. Then flew to MA on Tuesday with the funeral on Wednesday.

So the last person beside BB and DV to see Maleah that we know of is BB2. The last people assumed to have seen Maleah would be BB & DV on Tuesday before BB left. Beyond that I have not seen any reports of anyone else seeing Maleah.

More recent data on child abuse statistics:

Between 2015 and 2016, there was approximately a seven percent increase in fatalities tied to child maltreatment, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ (DHS) the 27th edition of the Child Maltreatment report, released earlier this year.
upload_2019-5-7_17-15-59.png
Latest US Report on the Number of Child Abuse Deaths - Childhelp

Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
  1. His name was spelled Darion on SM, but is actually spelled Derion
  2. Derion also goes by the name Slim Vence
  3. Derion has no criminal record
  4. Derion and BB are the parents of the toddler child who was with DV and Maleah on Friday night
  5. Derion and BB have been together for several years and live together
  6. Derion works in the music industry
  7. His Linkedin profiles shows he has worked at a Houston hotel
  8. Derion is originally from St. Louis MO
  9. He has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC according to his FB page (now deleted)
  10. BB says DV is now staying with his brother

Last edited:
HOUSTON — Sugar Land police are now saying that Maleah Davis' stepfather's initial story to investigators didn't add up.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

The spokesman said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say

HOUSTON — Sugar Land police are now saying that Maleah Davis' stepfather's initial story to investigators didn't add up.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

The spokesman said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say

The first hole in the story.....

I want to bring this over to this thread, because I really don’t understand her actions.
Why did she at first report only her daughter missing, then go back and add other two? It makes no sense!
Because she may not have known the kids were missing.
<modsnip - rumor>
DV has family in the area so she could not know if her youngest son was missing or with someone else.

Her plane was late and she got picked up after midnight, so perhaps just thought DV was circling at airport or out partying.

Last edited by a moderator:
how are people in this type of situation posting on FB? I don't get it. If my kid were missing, I'd not be on WS or watching TV. Like, who thinks of doing that in this kind of situation? YOUR CHILD IS MISSING!!!!! Get off FB and care!

I have been thinking the same with regard to facebook browsing and posting. But, since I am sitting on one hand, I am just going to say that I think "certain parents" these days are just so detached from a lot of "things", like parenting, fatherhood/motherhood, morals and commitments and bonding. I would be insane and unable to function while absolutely beside myself a hysterical mess and inconsolable, and I would be talking (very loud and clearly) to the POI! Facebook would be the last thing I would even look at. But.....if one's hands are tied, so to speak, maybe Facebook is that persons only sort of outreach or connection....or way of assessing "the climate of the situation". I don't really know, and I certainly would not want to walk in the shoes of a parent missing a child. MOO,

So, here we go again. I've been around here for at least ten years and it always ends the same when it starts with an outlandish/BS story. I'm sorry Maleah, you and all children like you deserved better.
Exactly. It is sad that we can see this coming a mile away. We all know how this is going to end and it is heartbreaking. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Stepfather now person of interest in case of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, police say

Police: Vence's story not consistent
Sugar Land police said they went to the Methodist Hospital Saturday because Vence showed up there with flesh wounds. They took video but handed it over to the Houston Police Department, who is investigating the case. Sugar Land police said Vence’s has changed his story several times during the course of his interview.

Police said it was different elements that had changed, such as how he got to the hospital. Sugar Land police contacted HPD since it was a crime that had happened outside of their city.

Sugar Land police also said the still photo of the silver Nissan seen on Saturday around 3 p.m. came from their license recognition camera close to the Cheesecake Factory near First Colony Mall.

MOO: let’s stop talking about Facebook so we don’t get shut down. ❤️

Or that a toddler would stay by his unconscious side for 24 hours. I mean, seriously?
Again, I think the story is that he was riding around in the extended cab of the truck for almost 24 hours then woke up when he was dumped on the side of the road in Sugar land. So, he and the baby weren’t on the side of the road for 24 hours. The baby was contained in the truck with him. JMO

Source:
Intensive search underway for girl, 4, whose stepfather says she was abducted on a Texas highway
“Vence told police he was in and out of consciousness for almost 24 hours while being driven around in the truck with the children. He woke up with his son on the side of a road in Sugar Land on Saturday around 6 p.m. and ultimately walked to a hospital, he said.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member