Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that the caseworker concluded there was nothing more than neglectful supervision because the doctor couldn't confirm that the injuries were caused from abuse, just that the explanation given by the parents didn't explain the need for Maleah to have half her skull removed. :(
So the parents story of what happened was not consistent with the child's injuries. Her injuries were much more severe than what the parent claimed happened.
This was evidence presented in court by a professional.
Yet a caseworker made the ultimate decision?
I thought I read another source that said CPS suspected neglect AND physical abuse. Imo

Was it ever confirmed that she was the family member they were living with when they were removed from the home?

Not confirmed in MSM. And since we still can’t sleuth anyone actively, we can’t look into the records from the CPS case. That would be a good place to look to see if Nana was involved at all. But we can’t.

But the mom believes DV, correct? Why?

Brittany Bowens, Maleah’s mother, told HLN’s Nick Valencia that Vence is staying with his brother. Bowens told the reporter, “His story doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. But in my gut, I believe him. … His story, it don’t sound right…Honestly, I haven’t really talked to him much because I’ve been focused on finding Maleah. I called his family…and he’s devastated. … I’m getting to a place where it’s getting hard for me to cry and I feel guilty about that. It’s getting to a place where I’m starting to feel numb.”

I apsolutely understand where you are coming from. But can’t like this. People make judgement calls, you can’t wish danger on their own children

I am not wishing danger to any child. I just wonder if people consenting to family reunification would allow their children to live in the home they are sending an already abused child back to. There needs to be a greater plan, not a judgement call. Moo

I’ve seen children returned too many times where the bio parents were not in compliance.
Yes, well this is often the result when there are high case loads, high work loads, a high turn over rate and the resulting costs to the agency.
This is a huge problem but that is a whole different topic.
It's just very unfortunate that the children have to be the ones to suffer. Imo

BBM- I wonder who the family member is??

CPS took MD and sibling from their home last August, and placed them under the care of a family member until Feb 2019.

The court then (Feb) returned the children under monitored conditions to BB.

The children are still considered under temporary custody of DFSS until May 22, 2019 hearing where court will hear the monitoring report, etc., and decide if permanent custody should be restored to parent(s).

Technically, MD was still under supervision of DFSS when she went missing.

MOO

ETA: Public record indicates the family member filed a motion for intervention last Feb -- trying to stop the return of children to parent but it was Judge decision to allow the children to return home with BB.

This article reports that the youngest child was in DV's arms when he regained consciousness on the side of the road.Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say

From the article, snipped by me:
..."He told police he woke up somewhere off Highway 6 in the Sugar Land area earlier that evening with Maleah's infant brother," [EDITED MINOR's NAME OUT], "in his arms. He said there was no sign of Maleah."...

No mention of any child seat. It's amazing that the toddler stayed there the whole,time and didn't try to go anywhere. Amazing.

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Amber Alert Update: Maleah Davis, 4, has now been missing for 5 days, according to Houston Police. Photo furnished by her godmother Jeanette Guss who has been organizing the flyer distribution. Hear from Maleah’s mom in my 5PM report today on @FOX26Houston.
D6EzyT2WsAEaOXQ.jpg

4:31 PM - 8 May 2019 from Houston, TX
This little girl breaks my heart. Each picture of her I've seen she is trying so hard to smile but her eyes just look so sad and unsure.

There is a special place in Hell for the kind of people that bring harm to innocent children. MOO

This article reports that the youngest child was in DV's arms when he regained consciousness on the side of the road.Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say

From the article, snipped by me:
..."He told police he woke up somewhere off Highway 6 in the Sugar Land area earlier that evening with Maleah's infant brother," [EDITED MINOR's NAME OUT], "in his arms. He said there was no sign of Maleah."...
Oh please shut up and tell where Maleah is! He is getting on my last nerve! About to be banned from this thread too!

Not confirmed in MSM. And since we still can’t sleuth anyone actively, we can’t look into the records from the CPS case. That would be a good place to look to see if Nana was involved at all. But we can’t.
I don't believe the grandmother was involved in any way.
She was simply named as a person living with her daughter and her boyfriend before they moved out and apparently got their own apartment together. Imo

Woudn’t the two of them be covered in bug bites, disheveled, with dirt and leaves on them having been dumped in the vegetation for almost 24 hours?

Any documentation of other skin abrasions, bug bites, bruises on the child or on him noted by the ER?

So the parents story of what happened was not consistent with the child's injuries. Her injuries were much more severe than what the parent claimed happened.
This was evidence presented in court by a professional.
Yet a caseworker made the ultimate decision?
I thought I read another source that said CPS suspected neglect AND physical abuse. Imo
I believe that came from the court docs released. However those docs aren't given context. I'm willing to bet the docs that claimed abuse/neglect were the initial ones to get the order for the children to be removed. Then there was a complete investigation done and that's when the caseworker said lack of supervision, but nothing else.

But the mom believes DV, correct? Why?

Brittany Bowens, Maleah’s mother, told HLN’s Nick Valencia that Vence is staying with his brother. Bowens told the reporter, “His story doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. But in my gut, I believe him. … His story, it don’t sound right…Honestly, I haven’t really talked to him much because I’ve been focused on finding Maleah. I called his family…and he’s devastated. … I’m getting to a place where it’s getting hard for me to cry and I feel guilty about that. It’s getting to a place where I’m starting to feel numb.”

Maybe she's in denial, idk.

So she hasn't talked to him much, but he's so devastated he can't drag himself out and hand out flyers or help search or even act like he gives a flip. Bless his heart. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89