Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.

9pm 5/3 - DV assaulted and abducted at 69 & Greens Road.
?? Morning 5/4 - family reports DV missing to police.
3pm 5/4 - Nissan spotted by traffic camera near Cheesecake Factory (near First Colony Mall)
6pm 5/4 - DV "wakes" on the side of the road with son and Maleah missing at Highway 6 and Southwest Freeway (near First Colony Mall)
9-10pm 5/4 - DV arrives at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital with son. He is treated for minor injuries. He was dropped off in a vehicle and did not walk.
11am 5/9 - Nissan found in parking lot at Highway 6 & Murphy Road

Here's a map I made for easy locating of the individual places: Maleah Map - Google My Maps
Let me know if anyone wants me to add any other pins.

Last edited:
I’m just thinking about how CPS could have improved in this situation. One thing I’m struck by is how it was reported in the C PS documents that Maleah was to wear a helmet for 12-24 months after surgery yet no pics of her in said helmet surfaced. IF they had caseworkers that could even just monitor social media or conduct surprise visits to determine if this ONE Dr. recommendation was being met, we MIGHT have a better outcome.

Once they have GPS location info from the car and surveillance info from the area the car was located someone will be interrogated. With that being said, I think he'll roll all the dice and won't say a word.
jmo

Do ya?
I kinda think when they confront him with video evidence he’ll cry like a baby. Not a remorseful cry, only one of self pity. I’m sure he’s not excited about spending his days inside a TX prison. Jmo

A bit late, but better than never....
Agreed.

It's telling that both mom and paramour are banned from contact with the children.
Even before Maleah has been found... there was apparently enough evidence for the courts to realize these children weren't safe with either of them; based on the evidence from doctors and concerned relatives.

I'm somewhat sorry that I followed this case as it's been one of the hardest to find compassion for the victims.
My hinky meter won't die down.

Because it's not clear who caused Maleah's injuries and who may have known and allowed it to continue.
And some of Maleah's 'accidental' injuries happened on PD's watch, as well.
According to previous links here and the court docs.
Poor kids, all of them !

I really want to know if anyone else saw Maleah last week.

I have heard reference to daycare, but nothing official, like that she and her brother(s) were definitively seen at daycare later than BB left for her trip. What if daycare employees are being advised not to speak to press because they released Maleah to DV? If so, there is no way they weren't aware of all the custody complications going on, and should have had CPS directions about who could legally pick up the children. If DV was allowed to pick them up and that's how he came to have them then maybe that's why the aunt who was supposed to have them (still speculating) did not have them in her care on Friday.

If that scenario does resemble what happened then it sure sounds less like an accident, whatever happened to Maleah on DV's watch.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Channel 11 link

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

Police named Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, “a person of interest” in her disappearance earlier this week, saying he’s changed his story multiple times.
I suspected this.

I hate that DV is being referred to as stepfather in the media. Truly he’s mom’s boyfriend/fiancé to Maleah and father to Maleah’s half-brother. DV was living in the home when Maleah was injured twice. The children remained in state custody and with any misstep, a parent could lose permanent custody. I so wish a responsible and loving caregiver was used for mom to go to the funeral. Parents have to make a decision being a living and recuperating child or a funeral of a deceased relative. My heart breaks for all who love Maleah.

I am so confused. Why was DV not involved with the CPS investigation? Was CPS even aware that he was living with Mom? I feel like there was a lot of cover-up going on amongst the family. I've seen it before where a relative has applied for and gotten custody of children and then handed them over to the parents to raise even though they're not supposed to.

She wasn't in town so it's unlikely she was involved. Except for allowing her boyfriend to care for her already injured, exceedingly vulnerable child.

And it appears I'm not the only one questioning her choices.

All her kids have been taken from her now:

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

The court order removing all children from Vence and Bowen’s custody is the outcome of the separate motions by grandma Brenda Bowens and the Department of Family and Protective Services. The court did not place the kids with Brenda, but are allowing her to attend sibling visits.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules
But we don't know when Maleah was actually missing. We only have DV's story that it was Friday. She could of been missing before Friday. MOO

Link please?

I cannot find a link that says anything about the flu or the last person to see her besides DV, which is kind of strange If you ask me, I am curious to hear who actually saw her alive last.

Any and all comments about her Aunt last trying to see her and being told she had the flu on Thursday before Amber alert cannot be confirmed nor denied and were found from sleuthing SM which is why it cannot be discussed further here.

I think the aunt who had whatever degree of custody does not have the same father as BB, based on the info on his obit (his children and their locations are all listed), so I doubt she had any involvement with the funeral trip.

I am wondering if the information from the CPS documentation reported by Cheryl Mercedes is true and BB has only had monthly or weekly visitation with Maleah since February, who is ultimately responsible for DV having the children last week? CPS? The aunt who was supposed to have them? Why did he want Maleah in the first place? Is this a lack of agency oversight or are people just lying?

When BB2 (grandma) said that the last time she saw Maleah was Monday when she was with BB doing laundry at BB2's house, how could that be if Mom only had visitation and not custody?
BBM

Re. the bolded portion : Yes, why DID he want Maleah ? Children who are recovering from an operation would need extra care, and might be fussy or difficult to manage. He'd have to put his other activities on hold just to care for her, not to mention he had his younger son. I don't know if any other children were in his care at that time.
Sounds horrible -- but his words about the supposed "kidnappers' " statements sound like something he'd had in his mind.

And the second bolded sentence : Possibly both !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89