Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me, the “reunification” of children removed from parents has a different meaning to caseworkers!
Perhaps we the public have not been on the same page as to the meaning that social workers and judges use.

By reunifying children back into the home, the caseworker
‘s work is greatly reduced as well as the expense to the state.

There is not all the time and procedures, red tape, of case worker dotting every i and crossing their t’s to investigate, fill out the mountains of paperwork, to revoke parental rights so the child is available for adoption.

Add to that the placement of child in foster care while all this is being worked out which may have many changes with additional time and work.

Foster care parents are paid money by the state and as I understand, each state has separate rules as to how long the parents giving up parental rights receive money as well as adoptive parents receive money.

Again, I question, is reunification basically due to cutting the case load and the expense to the state?

I’m trying to understand why anyone thinks abuse suddenly stops if a child is removed for a period of time or a CW visits now & then. Smh
If any of us found our sitter abused our child we would not use her again 3 months later.

Hey all. Long time lurker. As a long time resident of the south/southwest Houston suburbs, I’ve been following this case from the beginning, and my heart is just aching for little Maleah.
I’ve seen a couple people mention looking in water and parks, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet about our alligator population - especially in the south/southwest suburbs of Houston. I know a couple of parks with lakes/ponds around Sugar Land and Missouri City known to have alligators. Heck, even my own neighborhood has had alligators removed from its “lakes” with permanent warning signs about them.
I hope this ends up having nothing at all to do with Maleah’s case, but just wanted to throw it out there for any non locals who might not be aware.

Pooja Lodhia on Twitter
Police say Maleah Davis’ stepfather has missed several meetings. He claims that three men beat him up and kidnapped the four year old. Detectives would like to talk to him. WHERE IS MALEAH? https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-what-we-know-about-missing-houston-4-year-old/5287129/ …
D6KlUP8XoAASAaJ.jpg
D6KlUP7W4AEy5qG.jpg

7:26 PM - 9 May 2019 from Houston, TX

She is beautiful. :(

Hey all. Long time lurker. As a long time resident of the south/southwest Houston suburbs, I’ve been following this case from the beginning, and my heart is just aching for little Maleah.
I’ve seen a couple people mention looking in water and parks, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet about our alligator population - especially in the south/southwest suburbs of Houston. I know a couple of parks with lakes/ponds around Sugar Land and Missouri City known to have alligators. Heck, even my own neighborhood has had alligators removed from its “lakes” with permanent warning signs about them.
I hope this ends up having nothing at all to do with Maleah’s case, but just wanted to throw it out there for any non locals who might not be aware.

Oh gosh.

Oh, I wondered about gators. Yikes
Wish they’d arrest him already.

I have no idea. But the mother of the man who was the last person to see a little girl alive probably wouldn’t have been my first choice to send his other child to.
Exactly!!! Maybe he doesn't have a close relationship with his mom? I don't know. There must be a pretty good reason why they place the little guy with her as opposed to someone else. From what I understand, there's plenty of family in the area, including BB2.

Last edited:
I wonder if there were some wires crossed between the two police departments, because the original report was made at SLPD. Then the case was handed to HPD who held the presser and when asked about a report, said they didn't have one. Might have something to do with it. Then again, maybe not.

Houston girl in Amber Alert was removed from home in August | WTOP
Sugar Land police largely handed the case off to Houston police after Vence’s initial interview, Adolph said.

Stepfather now person of interest in case of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, police say
Sugar Land police said they went to the Methodist Hospital Saturday because Vence showed up there with flesh wounds. They took video but handed it over to the Houston Police Department, which is investigating the case.

I don't know. From your timeline:

Friday, May 3, 2019
  • BB did not have her house keys and spent the night with BB2 [11]
Saturday, May 4, 2019
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
My problems with that are 1) Her kids missing and fiancee is missing and she just calmly spent the night at mom's house. No calls to police. 2) AND, what's with the timing? If her flight was delayed until midnight, she must have spoken to him already about the delay, otherwise why would she assume he was circling the airport and not seeing her? If so, did he not mention that he had been abducted?

3) Then claims she filed a police report on Saturday, but the PD says that didn't happen. She says she "called" and no one contacted her back. So the next day, she fills out the proper paperwork, and contacts the right people? Her kids have now been missing for over 24 hours with no contact. This seems insane.

I guess the fear of CPS could be the only logical explanation but I am concerned that Maleah hasn't been in school since long before mom left for her trip.

I’m confused.....
Has DV missed meetings with LE?
Today LE said they have not had a chance to talk with him, so how could a meeting be established?
I also think I heard the officer say they have not spoken with DV since the weekend.
IMO, DV should be in the top ten of ‘Stupidest Criminals’.

The POI's story just doesn't add up in any way, its bizarre and it stinks.

Why is he not returning calls from LE or BB? If he was a victim of a carjacking and the child of his girlfriend was abducted, surely he'd be doing everything he could to cooperate with LE and help find her?

How can he expect anyone to believe his evolving crock of bull story? :mad:

MD has been failed by the system. To have such a severe brain injury that required surgery and ongoing treatment its unlikely she could have just "fallen" on a marble table. If she'd fallen there could have been cuts or bruising. But imho the only way this child could have sustained such a serious head injury from a marble table (if there was one) is if she'd been smashed into it hard and had her head beaten so severely she had to get treatment from the hospital.

moo
EBM for grammar.
I don't believe a word of his story either. :mad:

She received stitches for the laceration on her forehead, and it seems more likely to me that the fall resulted from the play-fighting the social worker observed on the aunt's ipad than if she simply fell while sitting at a table. That's if there was a fall...

Also, the caseworker observed the table and area where she fell and noted it in the report, so we know a table exists. I dunno if it's marble, lol. :p MOO

Last edited:
rsbm

PommyMommy, could you please add to your timeline, that HPD were called to Methodist Hospital Saturday night (around midnight). This is when MD was first reported missing. Thank you for the timeline, it is a great reference.

Saturday around midnight: HPD was notified that Maleah was missing.

//www.khou.com/article/news/where-is-maleah-davis-timeline-in-the-disappearance-of-4-year-old-houston-girl/285-aa7b3a20-1b4a-4f7b-99a5-a3ff81957f64
Sure will! Thank you. :)

I don't know. From your timeline:

Friday, May 3, 2019
  • BB did not have her house keys and spent the night with BB2 [11]
Saturday, May 4, 2019
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
My problems with that are 1) Her kids missing and fiancee is missing and she just calmly spent the night at mom's house. No calls to police. 2) AND, what's with the timing? If her flight was delayed until midnight, she must have spoken to him already about the delay, otherwise why would she assume he was circling the airport and not seeing her? If so, did he not mention that he had been abducted?

3) Then claims she filed a police report on Saturday, but the PD says that didn't happen. She says she "called" and no one contacted her back. So the next day, she fills out the proper paperwork, and contacts the right people? Her kids have now been missing for over 24 hours with no contact. This seems insane.

I guess the fear of CPS could be the only logical explanation but I am concerned that Maleah hasn't been in school since long before mom left for her trip.

All of this.

I understand the concern and fear surrounding CPS and having your kids taken/returned and a hearing coming up to determine permanence. However, the kids are entirely missing. CPS and the hearing won't even matter if there are no kids to having a hearing for.

And yes, I'm also concerned about when Maleah was actually last seen by anyone other than BB/DV.

There is enough unknowns without creating more.

Brittanys Dad did die on April 11.

There WAS A SERVICE a few weeks later. Not everyone has the funeral immediately or a funeral at all.

There is an MSM post here with a picture.
You can see it's the father on their memorial shirts.
You can see it is a cemetery.
This wasn't some plot to pretend he died and fake a funeral to disappear a kid.

https://m.facebook.com/ABC13EricaSimon/posts/2271683219560826

I just really want to get away from doubting things we actually know.
Yes, this is true. They tried to raise money for funeral costs.

Update: Stepdad of missing girl Maleah Davis hasn’t showed up to work at PharMEDium in a week, his coworker tells me. Darion Vence was sent home because he was vomiting last week. He was officially “home with the flu” by Friday. This week he isn’t answering calls about absence.
Twitter

I would like to see a timeline with EVERYTHING in it. Past incidents of "accidents' and "injuries" and ER trips. When CPS removed the kids form the mother last year. Eaxct date when the kids returned to her partial care. Last time Maleah was at daycare. Last time DV was at work and when he was "officially home". Las time grandma says she heard or saw Maleah. When mom went to the airport. When she was scheduled to return. Everything that DV claims happened and when it happened with the "abduction". When he arrived at the hospital. When mom arrived back from the trip. When mom says she tried to report her boyfriend (not the kids) missing and when she actually succeeded. When the car was found. Etc.

Pommymommy!!! Help!

I don't believe a word of his story either. :mad:

She received stitches for the laceration on her forehead, and it seems more likely to me that the fall resulted from the play-fighting the social worker observed on the aunt's ipad than if she simply fell while sitting at a table. That's if there was a fall...

Also, the caseworker observed the table and area where she fell and noted it in the report, so we know a table exists. I dunno if it's marble, lol. :p MOO

Interesting that he ended up presenting with, of all things, a head injury.

Welcome GlitzyCynic! Thanks for the info!

JMO but based on the location of the car I think DV is not likely to put a lot of effort into hiding Maleah (assuming he's harmed her) and it's more likely that she'll be found somewhere remote but not far off a road.

MOO though.

I think checking that odometer will be key as well. Being a car they had recently purchased, it should be easy for LE to find out what the odometer was when purchased. Compare that to the current reading, do some calculating and they should be able to determine if... it is probable the car was driven to and from the airport area and if it is probable the car was driven around for 24 hours (though I’m not sure he claimed this; still trying to figure out how and who allegedly stole the car). They should also be able to tell if all four tires are the original tires and if there was a flat or not. Not to mention any trace evidence they find. This car could be a gold mine, I hope it is! Or, it could hold no clues at all. MOO JMO
That's a good idea. Does anyone know when the car was purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman