Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all you say about abuse, however, if she was abused, then she would know that breaking it off with him would likely set him off, because statistically it takes many tries before leaving for good. So, if she was abused, why would she break it off with him while leaving her child in his care. That just doesn't make sense, unless she only cared for her own safety.

Agree totally. I've just seen some strange human behaviour over the years though. If she'd fled to get help, yes, I could see her discreetly doing that, and coming back with LE, or family, if her children were being abused. Abusers will sometimes make one, or all, of the children stay with him, to ensure that mom comes back from her job, or grocery trip, and on time. They check odometers too.

I doubt he'd have allowed her to get on that flight, though, to see her family, if she truly broke up with him, and he was abusive to her. Many abusers control the money and the vehicle. I don't really think domestic violence, as far as BB is concerned, is the case here. It appears she may have turned a blind eye to the abuse that was going on with her child.

I don't think she broke up with him and I don't think she was abused by him. I think she turned a blind eye, based on what QX has stated. Although I'm not so sure about QX, mom could have interjected at any time and corrected what he was saying.

You need to post more often!

I haven’t followed this case much. I’m just reading the timeline and what people have posted. This case is twisty, so I’ve not gotten too involved. From just reading this thread, the mom seems guilty from neglect if not more and everything is pointed to the stepfather. I’m interested to know what those incriminating texts said, because there’s 2 sides and there’s also a delete button from her end. She is suspicious to me with her all of a sudden wanting to release info when in reality she should’ve done called 911 when those messages hit her phone. Better yet, she should’ve not let him keep her child for those days with all her accusations coming up now.

Has anybody ever needed a whole bottle of bleach to clean their home/apartment?
Or
Why would anyone ever need to use an entire bottle of bleach to clean their home, even a small one?
I might have used a ¼ cup to wash out a bathtub after washing a very dirty dog!
Moo
Even then it reeks to high h***!

No ma'am. And I use a lot of bleach. Using an entire bottle would have given me a headache, not to mention how strong it could have smelled possibly even outside the apartment. Wonder if neighbors noticed a smell, and if they did, what time it was the bleach smell was coming out of the apartment.

It is rare for someone to lie in an open statement (fabricating reality) it causes stress. Most will lie by omission / withholding information / skip over time / temporal lacunae. Indeed someone can make a statement and every word can be truthful, it's what they leave out (see above) we seek know.

Simple example.

What did you do last night?

I watched a movie and had a pizza.

This is 100% truthful.
Most will interpret this (this is what liars want you to do) thinking they watched a movie and had a pizza at home.

What they failed to say was they watched the movie at the cinema and went to a pizza restaurant, Why they left out this information maybe trivial or very important for one reason or another.

That's good info.

Could you theoretically apply it to this case so I can see how it might work?

No ma'am. And I use a lot of bleach. Using an entire bottle would have given me a headache, not to mention how strong it could have smelled possibly even outside the apartment. Wonder if neighbors noticed a smell, and if they did, what time it was the bleach smell was coming out of the apartment.

Bleach is really irritating to the skin to most without it even touching it. I wonder if the son showed any sensitivity. Or was he there? That much bleach can’t be healthy for lungs.

I just saw the photo the media used after stepfathers “attack” I’m not sure if anyone posted this or not but after dealing with an autistic child who bangs their head against walls, I can tell you that’s what that mans forehead resembles to me. As soon as I saw it that’s what hit my mind. It looks like he banged his head against a wall.

I think some things need to be not said publicly like that until he would be in custody, it can ruin everything. JMO
No kidding. I can't imagine LE would be very happy about all those details and evidence being made public right at the start of the investigation.
I don't know who this guy QX thinks he is trying to help by giving out information LE would normally try to keep quiet! Imo

No kidding. I can't imagine LE would be very happy about all those details and evidence being made public right at the start of the investigation.
I don't know who this guy QX thinks he is trying to help by giving out information LE would normally try to keep quiet! Imo

There was no proof to bring to the table with it either. Did they tell LE about this first or was it her shot of trying to be in the spotlight?

Last edited:

Speaking of the apartment. Have we heard from any of their neighbors at all? I see the complex is fenced and looks like you need a code to enter. So that has likely kept reporters away, but you would like at least one of them could get someone to speak? I'm wondering if anyone heard anything from Tuesday to Friday night?

Where is he most likely to have put her body?
  • Dumpster at apartment or commercial business or even his work.
  • Body of water.
  • Remote area down an embankment.
  • Somewhere along Highway 6.
I don't know the area well enough to make better suggestions, this is a jumping off point.

Mine as well. I wonder if she was put into a dumspter at the apartments. If that is the case it may be they will be able to grid search the landfill. Or, if he placed her in a dumpster not attached to the apartment building it will be less likely that we will ever find her. I don't get the feeling that he would have taken the time to bury her.

I guess the will use cadaver dogs on the car and around the apartment to see if they get hits.

I feel so sad for this whole situation. And, the time keeps ticking along.

MOO - Many agree there is usually some truth to a POI’s story. In this case I think DV took MD somewhere, and not just to the apartment dumpster. I believe he had to have a story that would explain why his car was seen on different cameras, etc. I think he threw the airport area in there because he was supposed to pick up BB. If you look at the map though and exclude the airport area, everything is happening right there off of HWY 59, at least within a couple mile radius of it. I believe they will find her within 2 miles of HWY 59 and in either Sugar Land, Missouri City or Stafford. JMO, MOO

Stop the outright and/or veiled accusations against the mom. She has not been named a POI/suspect in this case.

ETA: Tricia has approved discussion of the fact that mom seems to be covering for the stepdad. You may speculate on the obvious (that she seemed to care more about him than her own daughter and that perhaps she was involved in the abuse).

Just don't get carried away on the direct accusations or being outright mean-spirited against mom. Fine line to walk but keep it reasonably in check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member