Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about this intersection of information too. I think BB2's affect when answering this question is interesting. She doesn't answer the question very directly, even when the reporter repeats it. I'm speculating, but I think she may still have been covering for/trying to believe BB (and by extension, DV) at the time of that interview, which was really early on in the case. I think it didn't happen exactly like she said, and she isn't usually a liar IMO (again, just a gut feeling!) so she didn't fully answer the question. I think she didn't see Maleah that day, because I think there WAS something wrong with her and she had always pushed BB to get medical care when Maleah wasn't okay in the past. Maybe she actually saw her over the weekend, or maybe she only saw BB and they just discussed Maleah, or maybe BB had said she would bring Maleah when she came to do laundry but then didn't at the last minute. Whatever the truth is, something is hinky about her answer, and I bet if you asked her today she would say something different.

Yeah, I try to give her the benefit of the doubt but she did kind of hem and haw and say yeah, I mean I think, or it must have been Monday, yeah Monday because she flew out on Tuesday (I am paraphrasing). I only now put it together like I said where it would be the same day...

Not sure what to think but I logged it in my things that do not quite add up or line up.

Another possibility is Maleah was with her at her house that day.

Hmm. Not sure.

Thanks for info. He doesn't appear to be homeless, so I guess that means he is staying at someone else's address, or was whenever this report was compiled? I wish we knew more. My opinion is that this doesn't change his status as an absent father, though. I'm happy that Maleah and her brother clearly have spent some happy times with their dad and his love for them does come across in what I've seen, but what's been stopping him from GETTING a place to live where the children could have lived with him at least part of the time?
We don’t know how the whole story. Possibly CD was not a suitable placement because of Maleah’s medical needs. If he was a working Dad with no one to tend to Maleah’s medical needs after discharge or housing requirements didn’t meet CPS guidelines, the state would look for alternate placement.

We don’t know how the whole story. Possibly CD was not a suitable placement because of Maleah’s medical needs. If he was a working Dad with no one to tend to Maleah’s medical needs after discharge or housing requirements didn’t meet CPS guidelines, the state would look for alternate placement.
I thought he lived with his girlfriend and new baby.

I wondered about that too. I don't understand the logic behind being in CPS custody, and living in the home that caused the CPS custody issue either. Seems kind of redundant to me. jmo
If you are referring to the six months that the children were placed back in the home with BB and DV, that was supposed to be temporary until certain conditions were met. BB was required to take a parenting class, which she completed (a lot of good that did) and the courts were going to determine legal custody at the next hearing.

During that time CPS still had legal custody and were supposed to be supervising them. It is the last step towards reunification, which apparently the judge felt was appropriate for them.

The reason it doesn't seem logical is because it isn't. The parents never should have been given temporary physical custody. But that's just my opinion.

If you are referring to the six months that the children were placed back in the home with BB and DV, that was supposed to be temporary until certain conditions were met. BB was required to take a parenting class, which she completed (a lot of good that did) and the courts were going to determine legal custody at the next hearing.

During that time CPS still had legal custody and were supposed to be supervising them. It is the last step towards reunification, which apparently the judge felt was appropriate for them.

The reason it doesn't seem logical is because it isn't. The parents never should have been given temporary physical custody. But that's just my opinion.
And I agree with you. I think I also read the same judge is the one who deemed her head injury wasn't abuse and who lowered DV's bail from one million to 45 thousand.

They were placed back in the home with BB and DV after that. Their biological father had visitation on some weekends and holidays, but apparently did not always take the kids.
BB must have had physical custody before the accident, though, because the kids were living with them at her mother's house. Imo

And I agree with you. I think I also read the same judge is the one who deemed her head injury wasn't abuse and who lowered DV's bail from one million to 45 thousand.
Yes, a lot of poor decisions were made in regard to the care and supervision of the children.
I don't think it was the same judge though, (that DV had) as they would have gone to family court for all the CPS matters.
I can't remember her name, but it's been posted. Imo

Not the same judge (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CPS case was in family court while the criminal case will be in district court).

DV's case will be heard by Judge DaSean Jones and he's the one who lowered the bail.
Maleah Davis Update: Biological Dad Shares Emotional Photos of Missing Daughter

The CPS case judge was Gloria Lopez and also possibly a male judge overseen by her whose name I think I've only seen once -- as found in the CPS docs now under the gag order.

I am not sure if this answers your question but CPS had custody yet when the children were back with BB and DV so apparently at least on that side of things, CPS can have custody while they are back with the parents... CPS had custody when Maleah died/disappeared.

I am unsure of how that relates to bio dad though and whether he could take them overnight...
In MO, this phase of permanency in child abuse/neglect cases is called permissive placement. The children are permissively placed with the parents, under the jurisdiction of the court. Weekly in home visits by children’s division, intensive in home reunification services in the home for the first 8 weeks, and other stipulations apply, then after 8 weeks of PP, visits are once per month in the home, once per month in the community (school, daycare, etc.) for at least 6 months. For a child with injuries as extensive as Maleah’s, it would be reasonable to extend her permissive placement for a year or longer. CPS dropped the ball here.

Last edited:
In MO, this phase of permanency in child abuse/neglect cases is called permissive placement. The children are permissively placed with the parents, under the jurisdiction of the court. Weekly in home visits by children’s division, intensive in home reunification services in the home for the first 8 weeks, and other stipulations apply, then after 8 weeks of PP, visits are once per month in the home, once per month in the community (school, daycare, etc.) for at least 6 months. For a child with injuries as extensive as Maleah’s, it would be reasonable to extend her permissive placement for a year or longer. CPS dropped the ball here.
Just out of somewhat relevant curiosity, what do the intensive in-home reunification services look like?

Yes, a lot of poor decisions were made in regard to the care and supervision of the children.
I don't think it was the same judge though, (that DV had) as they would have gone to family court for all the CPS matters.
I can't remember her name, but it's been posted. Imo
I wondered about the same judge as I was typing. Of course family court makes sense. ty

Not the same judge (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CPS case was in family court while the criminal case will be in district court).

DV's case will be heard by Judge DaSean Jones and he's the one who lowered the bail.
Maleah Davis Update: Biological Dad Shares Emotional Photos of Missing Daughter

The CPS case judge was Gloria Lopez and also possibly a male judge overseen by her whose name I think I've only seen once -- as found in the CPS docs now under the gag order.
That picture absolutely breaks my heart.

I've thought about this intersection of information too. I think BB2's affect when answering this question is interesting. She doesn't answer the question very directly, even when the reporter repeats it. I'm speculating, but I think she may still have been covering for/trying to believe BB (and by extension, DV) at the time of that interview, which was really early on in the case. I think it didn't happen exactly like she said, and she isn't usually a liar IMO (again, just a gut feeling!) so she didn't fully answer the question. I think she didn't see Maleah that day, because I think there WAS something wrong with her and she had always pushed BB to get medical care when Maleah wasn't okay in the past. Maybe she actually saw her over the weekend, or maybe she only saw BB and they just discussed Maleah, or maybe BB had said she would bring Maleah when she came to do laundry but then didn't at the last minute. Whatever the truth is, something is hinky about her answer, and I bet if you asked her today she would say something different.

I have had reservations about how this comment by BB2 was taken as fact here before and I commented as such.

I don’t necessarily believe she bb2 lied, but I do think she was referencing seeing B.B. NOT MALEAH on that laundry day. I think it was a weird response from her as well. No smile of a fond memory at all. I do wonder what her answer would be to that today.

I have had reservations about how this comment by BB2 was taken as fact here before and I commented as such.

I don’t necessarily believe she bb2 lied, but I do think she was referencing seeing B.B. NOT MALEAH on that laundry day. I think it was a weird response from her as well. No smile of a fond memory at all. I do wonder what her answer would be to that today.

I agree, I think she purposely acted a bit flustered and confused by the question (flustered may have been for real) and I think she meant BB as well but never stated that and she just kind of moved it on past that question and almost looked for the next question.

If Maleah was not with BB Monday at her mom's, did DV miss Monday from work as well or was sent home? I can't recall offhand if we know...

Like many, she seemed to me to have cared, but I do have to remind myself they did live with her, and she at minimum probably saw the dynamic or his behavior.

I will say you can tell in the questions about him, she has no high opinion of him and could probably give an earful but restrained herself and did not comment. She made it quite clear though she knows DV well if I recall correctly.

I agree, I think she purposely acted a bit flustered and confused by the question (flustered may have been for real) and I think she meant BB as well but never stated that and she just kind of moved it on past that question and almost looked for the next question.

If Maleah was not with BB Monday at her mom's, did DV miss Monday from work as well or was sent home? I can't recall offhand if we know...

Like many, she seemed to me to have cared, but I do have to remind myself they did live with her, and she at minimum probably saw the dynamic or his behavior.

I will say you can tell in the questions about him, she has no high opinion of him and could probably give an earful but restrained herself and did not comment. She made it quite clear though she knows DV well if I recall correctly.
Yes I recall how BB2 reaction to the question about seeing MD on Monday. Another scenario is maybe she saw and suggested to BB that she needed to take her to the doctor.

Yes I recall how BB2 reaction to the question about seeing MD on Monday. Another scenario is maybe she saw and suggested to BB that she needed to take her to the doctor.

That is quite possible too. BB had laundry, packing and was flying out in the morning. Maybe she told her mother DV had agreed to take her?

I tend to feel the child was not there but it is only a flat out assumption on my part. She handled the questions quite well but that one stood out. The others I tended to believe for the most part about going to the apartment after the airport, etc. This was her tough one that I feel she did not want to lie but had to give some response to.

I guess it goes to show there are reasons for many questions that remain in this case and we just do not know.

What exact happened is still almost anyone's guess except for maybe LE and some of the cast of characters who very likely know.

Jmo.

Thank you for this information. So it is 8 weeks. I thought it was 6 or 8, I could not recall.

It was BB I think who said they had visited 2 or 3 times. If that is true, there was no required weekly visit in those first 8 weeks.

I wonder what their living situation was. We know they were with BB2 prior to this apartment, at least for some length of time or so it seems. That is all I think we know, that I am aware of anyhow.

LE will not get on camera and share evidence with the public. IMO they no alot more than the speculation that's out here. In fact there hasn't been any indictment. DV may face more charges once the investigators give the case to the district attorney. It also maybe others that get charged. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member