Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where you're getting the "apparently absent father" from. He was not eligible for custody of the children because he did not have an address that CPS could visit.
I guess it's not clear to me what this means: was CD living in his car; didn't have a lease; or maybe unrelated child support issues and didn't want to out himself to CPS?? MOO

ETA: Seems CD wasn't visiting when Maleah & brothers were in custody of CPS either -- nothing to do with not having an address.

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

Brittany Bowens, Maleah's mother, was allowed to visit Maleah and her older brother once a week every Saturday while they were in CPS custody. Their biological father, Craig Davis Jr., was not visiting with his children for unknown reasons, court documents said.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed this one??? Some info I don’t recall seeing previously.
Heartbreaking

Little Maleah's case captures city’s attention as search draws to an end

Snipped...
...And evidence about the family continues to emerge in an ongoing custody dispute over the children.

Last Wednesday in the windowless courtroom, Associate Judge Ryan Salfiti focused on the two children left behind.

The boys had marked birthdays the week before in the care of other relatives — the youngest, who was with Vence's mother, turned 2 on May 19, while the older boy, who just finished first grade, turned 6 on May 21. He is living with his Davis' sister, who sleeps on her sofa so he can have the bedroom.

Davis, who has his son's first name tattooed on one arm and Bowens' name on another, wants custody of his son. Before custody is determined, however, the boy will see a therapist, the judge ordered.

The 6-year-old had seen his sister on the news, Davis said, but didn't know what was happening.

"There goes my sister," he said.

The boy had a nightmare recently in his aunt's home — sitting up repeatedly, with his eyes closed, shaking his head.

"No," he screamed. "No."

I guess it's not clear to me what this means: was CD living in his car; didn't have a lease; or maybe unrelated child support issues and didn't want to out himself to CPS?? MOO
It could just be that his living situation wasn't appropriate at that time to have over night visitation with his children.

The children must have their own bedroom, and usually a parent needs proof that they have lived at the same residence continuously for at least one year. It shows stability. Imo

Last edited:
Heartbreaking

Snipped...
...And evidence about the family continues to emerge in an ongoing custody dispute over the children.

Last Wednesday in the windowless courtroom, Associate Judge Ryan Salfiti focused on the two children left behind.

The boys had marked birthdays the week before in the care of other relatives — the youngest, who was with Vence's mother, turned 2 on May 19, while the older boy, who just finished first grade, turned 6 on May 21. He is living with his Davis' sister, who sleeps on her sofa so he can have the bedroom.

Davis, who has his son's first name tattooed on one arm and Bowens' name on another, wants custody of his son. Before custody is determined, however, the boy will see a therapist, the judge ordered.

The 6-year-old had seen his sister on the news, Davis said, but didn't know what was happening.

The boy had a nightmare recently in his aunt's home — sitting up repeatedly, with his eyes closed, shaking his head.

"No," he screamed. "No."

Heartbreaking is right. See, that poor little guy knows some stuff. I can see why they are saying he doesn't know what happened to Maleah if only to protect him in the media, but a 6-year-old who lived in the same household and was present in the apartment with DV during the week Maleah died knows SOMETHING. PLEASE let part of the good that could come out of this absolute shitshow of tragedy be that her brother gets some good therapy and everything else he needs.

It could just be that his living situation wasn't appropriate at that time to have over night visitation with his children.
The children must have their own bedroom, and usually a parent needs proof that they have lived at a residence continuously for at least one year. It shows stability. Imo
But don't they visit their children at neutral location when in custody of CPS?

I also didn't know parents are allowed to take children on overnight visits when CPS is the custodian. Thank you.

snipped by me. I agree with you that he may have had it in his (dim) mind that getting her out of Texas was important if he wanted to get away with this. I mean, technically he wasn't totally wrong, since all of the intensive searching was fairly local and if he hadn't talked to DX she would probably still be there spread about by the mower with nobody the wiser. :mad: Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So they say with regard to the broken clock, yep, definitely right twice a day

Agree also that all of the searching was going on locally.

Then he gives up the location to QX.

Heartbreaking

Snipped...

"No," he screamed. "No."

From the article, this is what gets me angry:

"Bowens told the judge then she was not yet ready to care for the boys again but wanted to visit. She thought about them daily, she said.

"I'm all they know," she said."

I get that she's grieving, and I could not possibly begin to imagine what it feels like but....

I also didn't know parents are allowed to take children on overnight visits when CPS is the custodian. Thank you.

I am not sure if this answers your question but CPS had custody yet when the children were back with BB and DV so apparently at least on that side of things, CPS can have custody while they are back with the parents... CPS had custody when Maleah died/disappeared.

I am unsure of how that relates to bio dad though and whether he could take them overnight...

Heartbreaking

Snipped...

"No," he screamed. "No."

I had not seen this before and it is heartbreaking as this entire case is.

It has been said many times this child is going to have some knowledge, whether outright knowledge or general knowledge of that week and of all of the recent times and daily life. On top of it right now, the two boys are separated and are in different homes.

Nothing about this has an up side or a bright side. The children are still up in the air for any stability and I suspect they know it and sense it. Sadly.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what their situation is, and the terms vary, but I know that having their own bedroom is a requirement and if the child is expected to have regular visitation they want to ensure that the parent can provide a stable home.
Even when kids are in foster care with CPS having custody some parents are granted weekend visitation, usually every other weekend.
Other basic requirements are heat and hot water, electricity, and those kinds of basic necessities. CPS are actually supposed to check for these things as well as for pests and making sure there is enough food in the house every time they visit.
They don't always do that, though. IMO

Just to clarify - 49 minutes, 40 miles.
From Sugarland to IAH Concourse A to drop off a passenger I would estimate at least 45-55 minutes. IAH is a very busy airport at all hours.

Concourse A is American.

She could have checked in online from home. But going thru normal security (for those that don’t have TSA PreChek or Clear) can take quite a while).

During the week American has 7-8 direct flights from IAH to CLT.
First flight is at 5:30am and last flight is around 5:30pm.
Usually one around 11:49am - 12:10am.

YES - flights are always full. Zone 5 is where overhead starts getting full so there’s not a snowballs chance if she was in zone 9 - they usually announce that if you’re in zone 9 to come up and get your bag tagged for gate check.

Hopefully she got a nice middle seat in the rear near the bathroom and there was plenty of turbulence.

Just to clarify, she flew into Bradley airport in CT. Abbreviation is BDL. it's may be a 20 minute ride from there to Springfield, MA where the burial was.

Also, someone asked earlier how far this case has reached... Since alot of the questions revolve around her trip to MA, I can tell u that it has definitely reached many many people in Northern CT and Western MA, myself included.

I wondered about that too. I don't understand the logic behind being in CPS custody, and living in the home that caused the CPS custody issue either. Seems kind of redundant to me. jmo

Just to clarify, she flew into Bradley airport in CT. Abbreviation is BDL. it's may be a 20 minute ride from there to Springfield, MA where the burial was.

Also, someone asked earlier how far this case has reached... Since alot of the questions revolve around her trip to MA, I can tell u that it has definitely reached many many people in Northern CT and Western MA, myself included.
I for one asked how far this case had reached because I was thinking of the truck stop near where the body was left. I was wondering if a trucker might have seen something and would connect it to Maleah's case.

BB2 was asked in the only interview when she last saw Maleah and she thought about it and it was Monday when BB was doing laundry at her house before the trip on Tuesday.

Monday was also the day apparently CD was allegedly asked to take Maleah to the doctor and then BB told him he did not need to because DV was going to.

Did grandma think Maleah was fine when she saw her? Was she walking, talking, happy, bruise free, etc.?

I have not even drawn any conclusions from this yet, I just now for the first time realized the days of these two things line up.

I have to think about this.

Is there a link for the airport she used?

BB2 was asked in the only interview when she last saw Maleah and she thought about it and it was Monday when BB was doing laundry at her house before the trip on Tuesday.

Monday was also the day apparently CD was allegedly asked to take Maleah to the doctor and then BB told him he did not need to because DV was going to.

Did grandma think Maleah was fine when she saw her? Was she walking, talking, happy, bruise free, etc.?

I have not even drawn any conclusions from this yet, I just now for the first time realized the days of these two things line up.

I have to think about this.
I've thought about this intersection of information too. I think BB2's affect when answering this question is interesting. She doesn't answer the question very directly, even when the reporter repeats it. I'm speculating, but I think she may still have been covering for/trying to believe BB (and by extension, DV) at the time of that interview, which was really early on in the case. I think it didn't happen exactly like she said, and she isn't usually a liar IMO (again, just a gut feeling!) so she didn't fully answer the question. I think she didn't see Maleah that day, because I think there WAS something wrong with her and she had always pushed BB to get medical care when Maleah wasn't okay in the past. Maybe she actually saw her over the weekend, or maybe she only saw BB and they just discussed Maleah, or maybe BB had said she would bring Maleah when she came to do laundry but then didn't at the last minute. Whatever the truth is, something is hinky about her answer, and I bet if you asked her today she would say something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95