GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Inmate says he told police where Maleah's body was, days before Quanell X

Inmate David "Chalfant claims he gave detectives a note that he exchanged with Vence, in which Vence wrote a location of the body, then drew a sign with arrows pointing to the word "Hope".

He goes on to say that Vence also told him exactly how Maleah died.

He says he sent another letter to homicide investigators on Thursday in which he wrote that Vence told him Maleah died when he tossed her off his lap, and she hit her head on the floor.

He said police have yet to contact him regarding that information."

Wow, more from your link

Chalfant said he then asked Vence why he hid the body and dumped it. Vence responded, "(I) panicked because of the time she had fractured her skull before."

The two inmates began communicating after Chalfant gave Vence some saltines and soup.

They're in separate cells, and have no direct contact with each other while they're in protective custody.

He said he and Vence would pass each other notes through a slot in their cell doors, when one or the other was walking past.

Inmate David "Chalfant claims he gave detectives a note that he exchanged with Vence, in which Vence wrote a location of the body, then drew a sign with arrows pointing to the word "Hope".

He says he sent another letter to homicide investigators on Thursday in which he wrote that Vence told him Maleah died when he tossed her off his lap, and she hit her head on the floor.

They probably haven't contacted him because they know he is not credible.
Sounds like he really wants that reward money. Or at least a break in his sentence or some of the comforts that can be provided in prison.

Imo

Ugh. I can't. I can't get involved in another child murder case right now. I'm involved in Maleah and Lizzie. I haven't even looked at AJ. From what everyone has said here on Noah, I can't.

I understand. I am familiar with all four and it was and has been too much at times. I started with Noah and said never again. And here I am.

With Noah and AJ both parents, mom and dad, are arrested and held on very high bonds right now. They are kind of in a quiet mode actually, that lull period. Murder charges and multiple charges if I remember correctly in both cases.

I hope we see increased charges here for Maleah soon. The other two cases are far beyond a $45,000 tampering bail/bond.

Jmo.

Wow, more from your link

Chalfant said he then asked Vence why he hid the body and dumped it. Vence responded, "(I) panicked because of the time she had fractured her skull before."

The two inmates began communicating after Chalfant gave Vence some saltines and soup.

They're in separate cells, and have no direct contact with each other while they're in protective custody.

He said he and Vence would pass each other notes through a slot in their cell doors, when one or the other was walking past.
I thought he said she died in her sleep from the flu?
I really don't think it matters much what this guy says.

Sounds like he really wants that reward money. Or at least a break in his sentence or some of the comforts that can be provided in prison.

Imo

I don't know what the truth is but the first articles said he met with LE twice, the last time on the 30th.

I wonder if they did not want it confirmed another way because it was an inmate and not perhaps what they figured was the best source and on top of that it came from DV before putting too much into it.

Not sure but whatever happened, she has been located. And that, I guess, is a good thing compared to some cases, where there are no remains, regardless of how it came about.

Jmo.

I understand. I am familiar with all four and it was and has been too much at times. I started with Noah and said never again. And here I am.

With Noah and AJ both parents, mom and dad, are arrested and held on very high bonds right now. They are kind of in a quiet mode actually, that lull period. Murder charges and multiple charges if I remember correctly in both cases.

I hope we see increased charges here for Maleah soon. The other two cases are far beyond a $45,000 tampering bail/bond.

Jmo.
Yes, and in Noah's case they don't even have a body, just evidence that he destroyed the body.
DV led them to the body, and left evidence that he cleaned up. LE has said they expect to charge him with murder. What else are they waiting for?

Imo

I'm sure DV is desperate for inmates to believe that it was an accident. I guess the flu excuse didn't work but I don't think tossing a medically fragile 4 year old will work either.

I don't know what the truth is but the first articles said he met with LE twice, the last time on the 30th.

I wonder if they did not want it confirmed another way because it was an inmate and not perhaps what they figured was the best source and on top of that it came from DV before putting too much into it.

Not sure but whatever happened, she has been located. And that, I guess, is a good thing compared to some cases, where there are no remains, regardless of how it came about.

Jmo.
Didn't Tim Miller say they would not have found the body based on what DV told the inmate? He said it wasn't at the place where DV said it was.
He said after looking where he told them to look they would not have gone to the next exit to look, where she was actually found. Imo

Last edited:
The article title should forewarn. And does not even cover it all.

Maleah and the mower is one thing I think will never be forgotten and that appears to be accidental. Noah, there are things there that were not accidental after his demise that are pretty much known.

As to before, I suspect both of these children (Maleah and Noah, and I should add AJ) went through more than we can even handle knowing. There are details on that as well in Noah's as to beforehand that are similar to me to AJ, another one whose life had to be pretty horrid.

I do not want to sidetrack into a different case but these poor children.

With Lizzy, what happened is horrible, but she appeared to have a pretty happy life up until then. No parent either was involved, her life was good and her parents loved her; in the other three parents or stepparents were involved.

I will leave it at that.

I wish there was a way to stop it. I think we all do.
I ventured over there, to his thread and it’s so awful. He was so beautiful. He was exactly as old as my son is now, he turns 9 in a little over two weeks. People (parents, “MOTHERS”) really just leave me speechless.

Yes, the mower was gut wrenching! An accident, but such insult to injury. It broke my heart for Maleah even more.

I hope soon we see something significant break in this case so she can get the justice she so deserves.

Didn't Tim Miller say they would not have found the body based on what DV told the inmate? He said it wasn't at the place where DV said it was.
He said after looking where he told them to look they would not have gone to the next exit to look, where she was actually found. Imo

I don't know. I know I thought I heard the same thing when TM and LE got there by media. Then it was flying there was a garbage bag at another exit on other media, etc. They had the wrong exit at first. The entire day was confusing but in some ways to me it makes more sense now as it seemed like Arksansas was aware before that day but the exit was wrong. I remember hearing that day even when TM went that they had the wrong exit, etc. I think both confessions being true make sense of the various "breaking" news that day. I have no idea. However it came about, she was located. There are some other things out there I listened to yesterday that I am unsure can be shared here that made pretty good and logical sense to me if one goes and looks for them.

I am not advocating for anyone here but I believe both confessions probably occurred. I think detail got better with each. I think there are reasons for them. However, that is just my opinion.

Imo if there truly are two people who can say at trial that they know DV knew the location of the body, all the better.

I do not care who it was, whether one or the other, or both.

All jmo.

I ventured over there, to his thread and it’s so awful. He was so beautiful. He was exactly as old as my son is now, he turns 9 in a little over two weeks. People (parents, “MOTHERS”) really just leave me speechless.

Yes, the mower was gut wrenching! An accident, but such insult to injury. It broke my heart for Maleah even more.

I hope soon we see something significant break in this case so she can get the justice she so deserves.

I could not agree more.

Charges are serious in those cases and bail/bond extremely high. Let's get there in this one.

Something crossed my mind while cleaning up after dinner and I can't get it off my head. DV told QX that it was an accident and explained to him why he believed it was an accident. QX couldn't get into detail about that, said h'd leave to the District Attorney's office.

I wonder, and hope I'm wrong, if DV told QX that the 2 year old pushed or done something to MD by accident. Blame it on the kid who can't really talk yet.

I don't know. I know I thought I heard the same thing when TM and LE got there by media. Then it was flying there was a garbage bag at another exit on other media, etc. They had the wrong exit at first. The entire day was confusing but in some ways to me it makes more sense now as it seemed like Arksansas was aware before that day but the exit was wrong. I remember hearing that day even when TM went that they had the wrong exit, etc. I think both confessions being true make sense of the various "breaking" news that day. I have no idea. However it came about, she was located. There are some other things out there I listened to yesterday that I am unsure can be shared here that made pretty good and logical sense to me if one goes and looks for them.

I am not advocating for anyone here but I believe both confessions probably occurred. I think detail got better with each. I think there are reasons for them. However, that is just my opinion.

Imo if there truly are two people who can say at trial that they know DV knew the location of the body, all the better.

I do not care who it was, whether one or the other, or both.

All jmo.
I really believe that they (DV) and whoever else are feeding the inmate information to confirm the lies he's telling now that it was an accident, flu or whatever. I even read one account where he says DV doesn't look the type that could do it. He looked mild.

QX said that DV told him he snapped and she was dead. I believe he snapped and violence resulted that's why the blood. It would not be the first time he's snapped in my opinion.

I'm sure LE is trying to determine if there are others involved before just charging DV with murder. You also need more to determine degree and what charges. I don't think anyone believes he didn't kill her, but did he have help and if so who?

I think they've told Q to zip it because he was revealing too much. As we know DV has no problem lying and I don't think any of the rest do either.

As far as I'm concerned we know nothing proven about any of the players actions from Friday night to when DV was arrested. 5/3 to 5/11. 8 days.

I'm looking forward to a statement or action from LE because this will be all I believe as truthful. I hope this child gets justice soon!!

MsBetsy--I will never trust the word of a fellow inmate's claims and can understand if the HPS didn't either. I swear, anytime a Prosecution team puts an inmate on the stand, I discount it immediately.

On June 12, the Houston Chronicle reported that the inmate (Chalfant) said DV told him that Maleah died in her sleep from the flu. The Chronicle never reported that the inmate didn't believe the flu story and that he had further details extracted from DV, which I'm sure they would have reported if they had that information.

In the latest exclusive interview with ABC EyeWitness News, Chalfant states that he told DV that nobody will believe the flu story because there are pictures of her following you. DV then apparently told the inmate that MD was sitting on his lap, he tossed her off and she hit her head. He hid her body because he panicked because of her prior skull fracture.

The second story may have been what DV told QX. Since the "dying in her sleep with flu story" didn't fly with the inmate, DV had to come up with something more believable. He hasn't yet figured out that a ludicrous story is suspect, and it's even more suspect when you change your ludicrous story and tell a different one. (Memories of 3 Hispanic abductors).

The inmate might be lying about their conversations, so who really knows what DV said. QX knows what "accident" supposedly happened, and I'll bet that the accident was Maleah falling off his lap.

Inmate says he gave Houston police tip about Maleah's whereabouts before Quanell

Here’s how accurate I sense this detail might be. She was near him and did something to annoy or anger him and he pushed/whacked/assaulted her and she was injured so badly she died as a result. I could see it being possible. Or this could be complete crap and he could have smacked her head into the wall for making a mess he would have to clean up or just because her breathing bothered him. Either way she died on his watch and he dumped the body. I only hope the charges haven’t come because there is sorting of who will be charged with what. JMO

lillymac: re your comment:

"QX said that DV told him he snapped and she was dead."

DV never admitted that he snapped and killed MD. That is QX's theory. He said DV told him it was an accident.
Yet DV's lawyer insists that he never used the word "accident."
Whatever details DV gave Q led him to believe that Maleah was killed as a result of anger and abuse after he "snapped," which indicates that he was out of control and violent during the incident.
Maybe this is why he described it as an accident. DV probably told Q that he didn't intend to kill her. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back