Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Partial Transcription-

Q: What Happened to Maleah was an accident.
Q: No clue why he chose Arkansas.
Q: DV did not say when say she died, I didn't go that far with him.
R: How were you able to get him to confess? Q: Two men talkin'.
Q: Many men have confessed these crimes to me, I think he's (DV) telling me the truth.

MALEAH DAVIS: Unknown remains found amid search in Arkansas, sources say
[...]

Quanell said he met earlier in the day with Vence, who has been behind bars since May 11. Among the key details shared with reporters, Quanell said Maleah is dead as a result of an accident. He did not specify how she died.

"All I can say is he told me it was an accident, and that she is dead and where he dumped her body," Quanell said.

Quanell met with reporters in a southwest Houston parking lot where he also met with Texas EquuSearch and detectives about what Vence told him.

Quanell withheld where he was told the body was dumped, only to say it was somewhere in Arkansas. He added that Vence was specific about the "distance and time" of the body's location.

"He said he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked off the side of the road, and dumped her body off the side of the road," Quanell said.

Quanell also revealed that Maleah's body was dumped there "early on," possibly indicating shortly after when the girl was first reported missing. The time of her death was not indicated.

[...]

-Death penalty charge for DV
-Child endangerment charge for BB

What I'm hoping for. I love QX!

Oh! I got excited for a moment thinking you were reporting news!!!

I am certain he will be charged with murder. I'm praying she will be charged with something serious.

Here's child endangerment in TX:

(a) In this section, “abandon” means to leave a child in any place without providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult would leave a child of that age and ability.

(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm.

(c) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15 years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment

(e) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the second degree if the actor abandons the child under circumstances that a reasonable person would believe would place the child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment.

(f) An offense under Subsection (c) is a state jail felony.
Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.041 | FindLaw

Although the term "abandonment" clearly is geared more toward leaving a child alone or without adult care, it can also go, IMO, to leaving a kid with a drugged out person, or with an abuser. So subsections (a) (b) may apply. Subsection (c ) definitely does, IMO.

But I think she would be charged with (c) and face only state jail felony time. No more than two years.

She also likely faces the charge of injury to a child by omission:

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual:

(1) serious bodily injury;

(2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury;  or

(3) bodily injury.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) or (2) or (a-1)(1) or (2) is a felony of the first degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly.  When the conduct is engaged in recklessly, the offense is a felony of the second degree.
Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLaw

I think she would face a second degree felony for recklessly by omission (failing to protect Maleah from that monster), causing injury to Maleah. 2-20 years in prison.

I am hoping for that and at least ten years.

Brett Buffington

✔@BrettKHOU

Arkansas Sheriff: We've located a black bag with a foul odor, we can't comment further until we do forensics test. #khou11

Sheriff Singleton said three days ago, a litter crew came through the area near exit 18 off of I-30 eastbound in Fulton. He said one employee noticed a trash bag with blood and worms on it, and supervisors told the employee to leave it alone. Singleton said it is not uncommon for people to leave dead animals in the area.

MALEAH DAVIS: Unknown remains found amid search in Arkansas, sources say
[...]

Quanell said he met earlier in the day with Vence, who has been behind bars since May 11. Among the key details shared with reporters, Quanell said Maleah is dead as a result of an accident. He did not specify how she died.

"All I can say is he told me it was an accident, and that she is dead and where he dumped her body," Quanell said.

Quanell met with reporters in a southwest Houston parking lot where he also met with Texas EquuSearch and detectives about what Vence told him.

Quanell withheld where he was told the body was dumped, only to say it was somewhere in Arkansas. He added that Vence was specific about the "distance and time" of the body's location.

"He said he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked off the side of the road, and dumped her body off the side of the road," Quanell said.

Quanell also revealed that Maleah's body was dumped there "early on," possibly indicating shortly after when the girl was first reported missing. The time of her death was not indicated.

[...]

“Early on” indicating shortly after she was reported missing? So after BB got home? Am I reading this right?

Partial Transcription-

Q: What Happened to Maleah was an accident.
Q: No clue why he chose Arkansas.
Q: DV did not say when say she died, I didn't go that far with him.
R: How were you able to get him to confess? Q: Two men talkin'.
Q: Many men have confessed these crimes to me, I think he's (DV) telling me the truth.

What I heard was he was very clear that although DV said it was an accident, QX did not believe it was. That when you abuse a child and they die, it's not an "accident".

I think it's the opposite. I'm sure it's his newly appointed public defender who thinks QX interfered with his defense! MOO
That's true but I also would think LE would want total control of how the investigation continues from now on.

I'm sure they are grateful that Q has opened the door for them. I guess even if they can't get any more information out of him at least they can use what he has already said in court, can't they? Would that count as a confession?

So many people have a new opinion of Q now. I appreciate what he was able to do here. And I am thankful to see he has enough heart that this deeply troubled him. I think he made some very smart decisions lately and I give him credit for those. Just keep in mind that even some hardened criminals have a soft spot in their heart for kids. ;) MOO

QX is a hardened criminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member