Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one thing I would think they could tell whether or not it was human by. (the skull) But I imagine it could have been dirty, covered with hair, tissue, blood, insects, and remember, her body was hit by a tractor and scattered several feet. So it was probably hard to tell. Imo
Ugh that’s so awful to imagine.

Cotlar said his client was led to believe by HPD investigators on Friday that he no longer had a lawyer. His previous lawyer, Thomas Burton, had motioned to withdraw from the case on Wednesday. The motion was granted on Thursday and Cotlar was immediately appointed to the case, court records show.

Vence did not know that Cotlar was his new lawery and he was under the impression that his family sent Quanell to the jail to represent him. Quanell indicated that he would provide Vence with new lawyers and that “everything was going to be fine.”
<modsnipped due to copyright>
Search for Maleah leads to child’s body in Arkansas

That^^^ is all a bit confusing. DV's new attorney denies that his client told Q where the body was.
o_O:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
While DV’s newly appointed criminal defense attorney seems already to have at least implied intent to mount evidentiary/admissibility challenges to any/all custodial statements/confessions/admissions DV made on Friday May 31st to QX re Maleah’s death and disposal; to the extent the prosecution can charge one or more defendants with obstruction of justice, false statements to LE, evidence tampering/destruction/concealment; conspiracy; crossing state lines and through multiple jurisdictions with intent to commit additional crime/s and concealment of a corpse, nonreporting of felonies, etc, DV and/or accomplices or coconspirators may be separately chargeable with additional crimes and face federal and/or state criminal law violations now in Arkansas as well as in Texas. Interesting potential plea bargain leverage and/or additional bites at the apple for prosecutors. Indictments, trials, and jail time potential in Texas, in Arkansas, and possibly additional federal charges, depending on the nature of additional evidence and warrant execution/s, witness interviews, cyber evidence review, etc.

If true that the Arkansas highway roadside clean up and mowing crew happened upon the evidence a couple days before they realized that the bag might be criminal evidence, this might be another kind of sad but lucky blessing in disguise as a potential way to argue the evidence gets in even if DV’s new attorney argues at trial or on appeal that the “confession” and related statements made to DV on 5-31-19 should be tossed as well as the human remains and clothes found in Arkansas as “fruit of the poisonous tree.” The argument would be they don’t need the confession to find/admit the evidence, because Arkansas was already “on it” a couple days before and inevitably forensics were going to connect the dots. The evidence should get in even if the confession does not (though it’s the judge’s or appellate courts’s call, depending on how this goes).

While DV’s newly appointed criminal defense attorney seems already to have at least implied intent to mount evidentiary/admissibility challenges to any/all custodial statements/confessions/admissions DV made on Friday May 31st to QX re Maleah’s death and disposal; to the extent the prosecution can charge one or more defendants with obstruction of justice, false statements to LE, evidence tampering/destruction/concealment; conspiracy; crossing state lines and through multiple jurisdictions with intent to commit additional crime/s and concealment of a corpse, nonreporting of felonies, etc, DV and/or accomplices or coconspirators may be separately chargeable with additional crimes and face federal and/or state criminal law violations now in Arkansas as well as in Texas. Interesting potential plea bargain leverage and/or additional bites at the apple for prosecutors. Indictments, trials, and jail time potential in Texas, in Arkansas, and possibly additional federal charges, depending on the nature of additional evidence and warrant execution/s, witness interviews, cyber evidence review, etc.

If true that the Arkansas highway roadside clean up and mowing crew happened upon the evidence a couple days before they realized that the bag might be criminal evidence, this might be another kind of sad but lucky blessing in disguise as a potential way to argue the evidence gets in even if DV’s new attorney argues at trial or on appeal that the “confession” and related statements made to DV on 5-31-19 should be tossed as well as the human remains and clothes found in Arkansas as “fruit of the poisonous tree.” The argument would be they don’t need the confession to find/admit the evidence, because Arkansas was already “on it” a couple days before and inevitably forensics were going to connect the dots. The evidence should get in even if the confession does not (though it’s the judge’s or appellate courts’s call, depending on how this goes).

Yes, and this could be really important if it turns out that DV mistakenly thought that his family hired Q to come and 'represent him.'

And Q's history of misrepresenting himself as an attorney in the past, means that the court will likely believe DV in that situation.

@Seattle1 I can not find a link to this revelation do you still have one?
but I read through these pages (roughly page 11 of this thread onwards) a linked story about the mower guys contacting LE.
so it was only a matter of time that Maleah was found imo as I posted upthread.

Not sure how to locate the link for live stream moment:
Khou-11 was streaming live, and a reporter got the AR Sheriff on their cell phone, and put the conversation on speaker and viewers heard the convo live. (This was the moment they learned they were at the wrong exit). I'm not sure if KHOU-11 will edit this moment or include it in video archive.

Also, the AR DOT Facilities Management is likely responsible for the vegetation management/mowing along the interstate/hwy. The contact with Sheriff would be agency to agency contact, and not an individual contacting LE.

I've not checked any AR mass media reports but it may prove be a viable source here. Hope this helps.

MOO

I think that the events of today unfolded pretty much as QX said they did. But if DV's attorney sticks to the story that DV did not tell QX the location of the body or say anything else, could the coincidental timing of the mowing crews finding the bag in the last few days be a problem at trial? Could DV's attorney argue that QX did not get any information at all from DV? What about that tip concerning cadaver dogs in the area for 3 days?

It will be interesting to see if it is revealed in the future that LE has a recording from the meeting between Q and DV.

The jails cannot record attorney/inmate meetings. But they do record friends and family when they meet with the inmates. I am sure the jail knew Q is not an attorney. So did they tape this convo?

HPD: Child remains, clothes found in Arkansas 'lead us to believe it is Maleah'

“It was a sight you wouldn’t want anybody to see." - Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller

Author: Larry Seward
Published: 10:31 PM CDT May 31, 2019
Updated: 12:25 AM CDT June 1, 2019

FULTON, Arkansas — A plane carrying Houston Police detectives and Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller brought back remains of a child believed to be Maleah Davis, investigators said.

However, DNA tests are needed to confirm that suspicion.

“It was a sight you wouldn’t want anybody to see,” Miller said.

In a garbage bag tossed and run over by lawnmowers along a lonely curve of Interstate 30 in Fulton, Arkansas, what’s left of someone’s child rattled searchers, shook a sheriff and pulled Houstonian Jimmy Davis -- en route to Memphis -- off the road.

“As soon as (the officer) said (it was a) four-year-old, as soon as she said four-year-old little girl I was like 'is it Maleah?'” Jimmy Davis said.

HPD detectives flew in based on a tip.

“There are some personal effects that lead us to believe it is Maleah,” Sgt. Mark Holbrook, an HPD detective, told KHOU 11 News.

Activist Quanell X told authorities he spoke with the missing girl’s stepfather, Derion Vence, who is a suspect in jail and accused of foul play in the case.

Quanell X claimed Vence told him Maleah died by accident which caused him to panic, drive north, then dump the body in a trash bag along I-30 near exit 30 in Hope, Arkansas.

When someone you are with dies by accident, you quickly notify authorities because you shouldn't have anything to hide...right?

Cotlar said his client was led to believe by HPD investigators on Friday that he no longer had a lawyer. His previous lawyer, Thomas Burton, had motioned to withdraw from the case on Wednesday. The motion was granted on Thursday and Cotlar was immediately appointed to the case, court records show.

Vence did not know that Cotlar was his new lawery and he was under the impression that his family sent Quanell to the jail to represent him. Quanell indicated that he would provide Vence with new lawyers and that “everything was going to be fine.”

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

Details that Quanell claimed to have learned from Vence during that brief jailhouse meeting did not happen, Cotlar continued.

My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word ‘accident’ with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “Quanell makes his living off of reward money.”

“It certainly appears he’s attempting to practice law without a license,” Burton said.

In a phone call, Quanell said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit. He said he went to the jail to see Vence because “I wanted to.”

“I felt like I needed to,” he said.

During the news conference at HPD headquarters, Finner declined to comment on Quanell’s visit.

“He’s been working with law enforcement for years,” Finner said. “I don’t know how he got there, or what was said when he was there. I know that he did get some information about the whereabouts of this little angel.”
Search for Maleah leads to child’s body in Arkansas

That^^^ is all a bit confusing. DV's new attorney denies that his client told Q where the body was.
o_O:confused:
The new attorney is only denying that DV used the word 'accident', because that word indicates DV's involvement in MD's death. He is trying to save DV from murder charge. IMO

I do not "get" Q-guy at all...not sure if he was instrumental in getting DV to talk or not. I do not know what came first...the smelly bag on the side of the road that was "suspect" or Q-guys telling of an alleged confession from DV. Things will eventually "shake out" as to what came first "the chicken or the egg". ...

In the meantime....I feel strongly that the black bag discarded on the side of the road in Arkasas will be proven to contain Maleah's remains. Sad...Just Plain Sad. That little girl/body laying there discarded and alone and left to the elements is really heart wrenching if it is proven the black bag contains her remains.

However it came about, today was a break through from DV with regard to Maleah. I expect more detail to follow. Since I cannot victim bash anyone including "victim mom" at the moment because she is a "victim" but I have a feeling before too long more info. may follow with regard to what happened that fateful moment that Maleah died and "victim" statuses may change..I don't trust any "victim" related to this case with regard to their input as to what happened and who is, was, or may be responsible at this point in time. I have my suspicions, but that is all they are.

At the end of the day, I do hope they recovered this missing little girl and can at least put her to rest while all the other shenanigans play out. Will be interesting to learn/see what follows. MOO. !!

I think that the events of today unfolded pretty much as QX said they did. But if DV's attorney sticks to the story that DV did not tell QX the location of the body or say anything else, could the coincidental timing of the mowing crews finding the bag in the last few days be a problem at trial? Could DV's attorney argue that QX did not get any information at all from DV? What about that tip concerning cadaver dogs in the area for 3 days?
If DV's attorney sticks to the current story that his client said nothing to QX, then he gets to work with DV's initial claim that he was ambushed by 3 bad hombres that tortured him and abducted Maleah. Yeah -- good luck with that tall tale. MOO

Khou-11 was streaming live, and a reporter got the AR Sheriff on their cell phone, and put the conversation on speaker and viewers heard the convo live. (This was the moment they learned they were at the wrong exit). I'm not sure if KHOU-11 will edit this moment or include it in video archive.

Also, the AR DOT Facilities Management is likely responsible for the vegetation management/mowing along the interstate/hwy. The contact with Sheriff would be agency to agency contact, and not an individual contacting LE.

I've not checked any AR mass media reports but it may prove be a viable source here. Hope this helps.

MOO
thanks for reply
if its valuable which imo it is, it will turn up! :)

for now though, I wont mention it to confuse matters.

A Youtube channel uploaded this live under "Maleah Davis Found Dead - Body Found In Arkansas According To Authorities LeakYou.com Investigates" .... Starting from 1:36, the field reporter asked Hempstead County Sheriff Q. : .... so the initial tip from Texas Police that he (the suspect) dumped the bag (the victim's body) near the first exit near Hope which would be Exit 30 about 12 miles north, so given that (info) what do think of this discrepancy, Sir? A: This would be the first exit after the Red River >>>> but not the Hope Exit, so that is ..... Anchors in studio" A mistake? (1:42)

MOO

I think that his public breakup with BB may have been staged to get him closer to DV.

I think this too.
Of course Q could see thru BB from day one, the man is not stupid. Like him or not, he paraded her in front of the world, giving police opportunities to observe & listen to her never ending BS. Q has nothing to lose/gain, no dog in this fight, he didn’t kill MD. I never once felt he believed BB, how could he? I think he 100% knew what he was doing. And, it worked.
As far as DV, of course he chatted. He’s been in jail long enough he’s to the cray cray point, imo. His lawyer can deny all he wishes, it changes nothing.
My advice to DV: uhm, beef up, use your cell time for push ups. TX prisons are known for being not so nice, I think once they were the most violent in the US. It would be to your benefit to be in pristine physical shape cuz there ain’t no 5yo girls where you’re goin’, you gonna deal with men.
Big, violent, grown men. You’ll prob’ be a good wife down the road.
I sincerely hope BB does not profit from this. She should not get one cent to use on herself. Her cost of living is way down, she has no kids to feed. Moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member