Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I just want little Meleah to be found and respectfully laid to rest. Then I want LE to be successful in getting a confession, or enough evidence to ensure justice. I just don't want to have to say RIP again to another innocent child. But this is where it is heading unless a miracle happens.

I know some may feel this is premature, but NOT AGAIN ...

The problem is, there is a 21 hour gap in his story, where he doesn't remember anything.

The other problem for him, is there have been too many other parents/stepparents that have told similar stories, about being 'knocked out' by the kidnapper, only to wake to in a different park, without the child.

[Piqui Andressian Jr, his father said he was attacked in the park and when he came to, his son was gone. Father arrested for drowning him]
[ mom , whose name I can't remember, found walking an empty stroller in the park, claiming someone stole her child when she was gerttring something from the car]
[Another nameless mom, claimed she woke up in a park, without her baby. Last thing she remembered they were in a different park together...baby was found dead and she was arrested]

Holbrook told reporters, Vence “really doesn’t know where he is, until 6 p.m. on Saturday, when he sort of comes to, down on Highway 6. He wakes up, he has his 1-year-old son with him, he begins walking around, he tries to summon help, no one is really helping him. He goes to Methodist Hospital in Sugarland where he seeks treatment for his injuries. He has the son with him. Maleah has been missing ever since.”
Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A one-year old next to a highway stays right next to an unconscious man for 20 hours?

A 5-year-old girl is missing in Houston. Her stepfather says she was abducted - CNN
[...]

According to Holbrook, Vence told detectives that he, Maleah and the 2-year-old were on their way to George Bush Intercontinental Airport Friday night to pick up Maleah's mother, who was flying in from Massachusetts.

Vence heard a "popping noise," like a popped tire, Holbrook said, and pulled over to check on it.

A blue pickup truck then pulled up behind the vehicle. Two Hispanic males got out and one makes a comment that "Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet," Holbrook said. The other man hit Vence in the head and he lost consciousness.
Vence later woke up in the back of the truck with Maleah and the 2-year-old, he told police. There were now three Hispanic males in the truck.

He said he was in and out of consciousness until about 6 p.m. Saturday, when he woke up on Highway 6 with the 2-year-old boy. Maleah was missing, Vence said.

Houston police provided this image of missing 5-year-old Maleah Davis.
He then walked to a nearby hospital, where he received medical treatment and reported Maleah missing.

The vehicle that Vence was driving on the way to the airport -- a silver Nissan Altima that belongs to Maleah's mother -- is also missing, Holbrook said.

[,,,]

So much confusion about this narrative^^^^^.

He was in the back of that pick up with the 2 kids? And the kidnappers were driving him?

Could he have waved and yelled to other cars for help? OR tried too jump out holding the kids when the truck slowed?

Did no one notice a man and 2 babies in the back of a pick up, riding?

And he must have known where he left the Nissan, when he was abducted. I wonder why it wasn't found yet?

He says no one helped him as he walked around seeking help, with his 1 yr old. How did the baby survive that 21 hours? Did he have water or milk or diapers or food?

Maleah Davis previously suffered a traumatic brain injury and has undergone medical treatment because of that. Sergeant Holbrook did not answer when asked how Maleah was injured, but said it “wasn’t a violent thing.”

Holbrook said, “Maleah has had multiple brain surgeries, most recently end of March, early April, to fix the flap for her injury, so that the flap will grow at the same rate as her skull. I wouldn’t call her special needs, but she’s needed a lot of care. And she was sick this week too.”

When asked what medical needs Maleah has, Holbrook told reporters, “Having to have brain surgery, having a loose piece of your skull, is serious business, that requires constant care, constant evaluation by parents, puts you at risk for a whole host of things. I’m no doctor, but it’s not good.”

When asked if he thinks Maleah is alive and OK, Holbrook responded, “I hope so, I sure do. I wouldn’t like to think that she’s … that something happened to her, but I just don’t know.”

Darion Vence, “does not remember a 24 hour period of his life, maybe somebody saw him, maybe he was walking around in a daze, maybe someone saw him doing something. I’d love to know anything about that,” Houston Police Sergeant Mark Holbrook told reporters.

Vence was “in and out of consciousness” between Friday night and Saturday night, according to Holbrook. He said there are a lot of questions detectives are trying to answer about the case, and they are hoping the public can help.

“The purpose of this press conference is to figure out what story is true, what really happened, we just don’t know, and I don’t want to speculate,” Holbrook said. He said they want to “fill in the blanks on this story. I realize it is a lot of blanks in that story, but we’re hoping the public can fill in the blanks.”

Holbrook said they have not found any surveillance video or witnesses that confirm Vence’s story that he was walking around Saturday night with his son.

I wish Mom could have stayed home with her little girl. I don't think all stepdad's are capable of caring for critically injured little children. I am afraid he wasn't really nursing her the way she needed to be cared for, and something bad happened. JMO

3. The Nissan Altima Vence Was Driving Was Spotted on a Surveillance Camera in Sugarland on Saturday, but Has Not Been Seen Since

d50-zyuw0aikrzw.jpg

Maleah Davis’ mother’s car was spotted on surveillance footage.

The silver Nissan Altima that was being driven by Darion Vence remains missing. According to police, the car is owned by Brittany Bowens and was recently purchased by her. It was seen on a traffic light camera in Sugarland, Texas, about 2:54 p.m. on Saturday, May 5.

“It is among the missing right now. We don’t know where her vehicle is,” Holbrook said. The Altima has Texas temporary tags 330-92G9, Houston Police said. According to Holbrook, it is not possible to tell from the traffic photo if the Altima had a flat tire or was disabled.

Houston Police

✔@houstonpolice

· 2h

Replying to @houstonpolice
*Correction: Tags are 330-92G9.

Houston Police

✔@houstonpolice

Better quality, color photo taken by traffic camera of the stolen Nissan Altima with tags 330-92G9. #hounews pic.twitter.com/UizXnhIC4h
2:06 PM - May 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Police are also searching for the blue pickup truck that Vence says the suspects used to abduct him and his children. A “representative photo” of what Vence said the truck looks like was also released by police:

d50-bmzw4aypsuw.png

Houston PolicePolice say a truck similar to this one was used in the abduction, according to Maleah Davis’ stepfather.

“If anyone knows of any Hispanic males in similar trucks who have committed violent crimes, we want to hear about it. If this happened, I’d like to know about it, if anyone has seen these people. I’d love to know more about that. I’d love to know where this vehicle [the Altima] is, because somebody drove it, somebody’s got it. And that vehicle could have a lot of evidence in it that I want,” Holbrook told reporters.

“Detectives ask anyone who saw Darion or Maleah after 9 pm Friday (May 3) to 6 pm on Sat to contact HPD Homicide 713-308-3600 or @CrimeStopHOU at 713-222-TIPS,” Houston Police said on Twitter.

Attachments

So much confusion about this narrative^^^^^.

He was in the back of that pick up with the 2 kids? And the kidnappers were driving him?

Could he have waved and yelled to other cars for help? OR tried too jump out holding the kids when the truck slowed?

Did no one notice a man and 2 babies in the back of a pick up, riding?

And he must have known where he left the Nissan, when he was abducted. I wonder why it wasn't found yet?

He says no one helped him as he walked around seeking help, with his 1 yr old. How did the baby survive that 21 hours? Did he have water or milk or diapers or food?
Yeah....this story. Hmmm Tell me again what baby doing for 21 hours? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member