TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAY 12, 2019
Photo Shows Man Leaving Without Girl, Carrying Bleach: PD
[...]

A photo obtained Monday by KRPC-TV in Houston may show the last time Maleah was seen before her disappearance. According to a KPRC-TV police source, the surveillance photo shows the child with her mother's boyfriend, 26-year-old Derion Vence, walking into the family's apartment just before 8 a.m. on April 30.
vance-surveillance-april30-apt.jpg

Another surveillance photo shows Vence leaving the family's apartment at about 6:47 p.m. May 3, about the time he said he left for the airport to pick up her mother, and Maleah is not with him, though her younger brother is. According to the police source, Vence is seen carrying a bottle of bleach in the photo.
vance-surveillance-may3-apt.jpg

[...]

'Justice for Maleah' | Mob shouts at missing girl's mother after courtroom hearing
Throughout the interview you could hear them screaming at Bowens, berating the mother and blaming her for what happened to Maleah.

At one point someone pleaded with her to confess that she somehow was involved in Maleah's disappearance.

Bowens hid behind Quanell X as the crowd went on. In between the shouts KHOU 11 News managed to get a few questions in.

When asked about discrepancies with the timeline of the trip Bowens took to Massachusetts and Maleah's disappearance, Quanell X who was speaking on behalf of Bowens, got defensive.

'Justice for Maleah!' Protesters accuse missing girl's mom of not doing enough to protect her
[...]

Bowens' family and relatives of Maleah's biological dad, Craig Davis, were also in the courtroom.

But it appeared that all eyes were on Bowens. Protesters shouted accusations at her in what they say was a failure to protect Maleah.

"Justice for Maleah! Justice for Maleah!" the group chanted. People also held signs with the same message.

[...]

Arraignment postponed for stepdad arrested in Maleah Davis’ disappearance as images show last time 4-year-old girl was seen alive
[...]
Suspect Derion Vence, the 26-year-old described by police as Maleah’s stepfather, was present at a Harris County criminal courthouse but his arraignment was reset for July 10, his lawyer said.

“It was my first appearance as his attorney, and I need time to investigate the case,” Vence’s lawyer Thomas H. Burton told the Daily News.

Burton said he met with Vence but declined to comment further.

“It would be irresponsible and inappropriate for me to do so. I have not had a chance yet to investigate. I met with him only very briefly,” Burton said.

[...]

VIDEO: Family Of Missing Houston Girl's Biological Father Speaks Out

"And Brittany, if you're watching, he's going to tell your side too so just wait for it."

"All I know is that he was fighting for his daughter."

"Ya'll are going to see my face until this is over. Until she's in jail and he's in jail because that's what they both deserve."

- TM, cousin of biological father, CD

Last edited:
Steve Campion on Twitter
MILLION DOLLAR BOND? Forget it! A judge JUST LOWERED Derion Vence's bond to 45,000 dollars. Houston, do you have any feelings about this? #MaleahDavis #abc13 #hounews #BREAKING
1:34 PM - 13 May 2019

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
BREAKING: #MaleahDavis stepfather's bond lowered from $1 million to $45,000, court records show
1:38 PM - 13 May 2019

This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
Updated: 1:36 PM CDT May 13, 2019
HOUSTON — **UPDATE: Derion Vence's bond has been reduced from nearly $1 million to $45,000, court records show as of Monday afternoon**

[...]

Derion Vence's bond reduced from $999,999 to $45,000
[...]

Vence did not appear in court Monday as scheduled for the tampering with evidence charge. But Maleah's mother was at the courthouse, and so were people who feel she should be charged, too. They chanted "Justice for Maleah" as she waited for the elevator.

The cousin of Maleah's biological father was also at the courthouse. TM said her cousin wanted to be at the hearing, but he was just too torn up.

"He's a father. He loved his daughter. His daughter has been ripped away from him. He's devastated," TM said.

[...]

(Name changed to initials by me)

MAY 13, 2019
Did Maleah Davis' mother attend her father's funeral in Massachusetts?
[...]

A funeral home administrator said that a memorial service for Benjamin Bowens was held on April 27 and that it was organized and conducted privately by Benjamin Bowens' family. The administrator could not confirm who attended that service.

The administrator went on to further clarify that a separate burial was held on Wednesday, May 1.

The administrator did confirm that Brittany Bowens and her sister both attended the burial.

Houston police have confirmed via flight records that Brittany Bowens flew to Massachusetts on April 30 and returned to Houston May 3, the night before Maleah was reported missing.

Quanell X, who is serving as Brittany Bowens’ spokesman, said she did not attend the memorial service on April 27, but she did attend the funeral on May 1.

[...]

MAY 13, 2019
MALEAH DAVIS: Where the search has focused for missing Houston 4-year-old
  • On May 6, TXEQ focused on the Eastex Fwy and Greens Rd in northeast Houston.
  • The search moved to SW Houston and the family apt where Maleah was last seen.
  • The search was suspended Wednesday due to flooding.
  • The search resumed Thursday and the car was found later that day at a shopping center on Highway 6 in Missouri City.
  • Searches continued this weekend, but so far, the 4-year-old has not been found.

MAY 13, 2019
Here are new developments we found out in Maleah Davis' case on Monday
[...]

A photo obtained Monday shows the last time Maleah was seen before the 4-year-old girl was reported missing more than a week ago. According to a police source, the photo shows Maleah and Vence, walking into the apartment together just before 8 a.m. on April 30.

[...]

Vence was expected in court Monday morning, but his court appearance was reset to July 10. Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, did not utter a single word as she walked out of the courtroom alongside community activist Quanell X.

[...]

Vence's bond was set at $999,999 when he was arrested Saturday. A judge on Monday reduced his bond to $45,000.

[...]

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Darion Vence's coworker tells me he was sent home sick on April 30 and May 1. By Friday he was officially "home sick with the flu." The week after Maleah was reported missing, he didn't show up for work at all, according to the coworker at PharMEDium in Sugar Land.
10:11 AM - 14 May 2019

MAY 14, 2019
Ground search for Maleah Davis resumes in Brazoria County - My Pearland News
  • TXEQ is resuming the ground search in Brazoria County this morning.
  • It has been reported to My Pearland News that DV was an employee of the Rosharon Post Office and officials are focusing efforts near the post office.
  • TXEQ has set up a command post near the Creepy Hollow House on 288, Rosharon, Tx.

MAY 14, 2019
Missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' mother believes her daughter is dead
The mother of Maleah Davis, a 4-year-old who was reported missing more than a week ago, said she does not believe the girl is alive but still hopes to locate her.

A spokesman for Brittany Bowens told NBC News on Tuesday that Maleah was being abused by Derion Vence, who was arrested Saturday in connection with her disappearance.

Bowens said through her spokesman, Quanell X, a local civil rights activist, that she believes Vence harmed the girl. She also said that Vence is her former fiance.

[...]

Melissa Correa on Twitter
The disappearance of #MaleahDavis has the world’s attention. More than 2 dozen Facebook discussion groups, thousands of people, are dedicated to conversations about the 4YO girl. Jonathan Riches started one that has 9,000+ members. He’s in Florida. #khou11
D6jCkvyWwAAIg1p.jpg

1:25 PM - 14 May 2019

VIDEO: Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Search for Maleah Davis: Right now Texas Equusearch volunteers are scanning the roadside on County Road 48 in Brazoria County for any signed of the 4-year-old girl or her clothing. They tell me law enforcement pointed them in this direction.
12:41 PM - 14 May 2019

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Search for Maleah Davis: A deserted haunted house in Rosharon is the scene where Equusearch is currently looking for any evidence of the missing 4-year-old girl. They tell me law enforcement pointed them in this direction.
D6i8aBiWsAAjzAE.jpg
D6i8bBZXkAIdtuG.jpg

12:58 PM - 14 May 2019

Marcelino Benito on Twitter
Plenty of wooded areas and places to potentially dump or hide a body near this haunted house. #KHOU11 #HTownRush #MaleahDavis
D6jLmroW4AEtc6W.jpg
D6jLmrtW4AI6zlM.jpg

2:04 PM - 14 May 2019

Last edited:
MAY 14, 2019
Maleah Davis joins list of Houston's 56 missing children: See their faces, bring them home
Maleah Davis has joined the ranks of Houston's missing children, as listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children website.

Davis, 4, was reported missing on May 4. Her stepfather is a suspect in the case and has been arrested. An Amber Alert remains active in her case.

As of this writing, 56 children are missing from the city of Houston. The details of the cases listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are not listed on its website.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back