TX - Maria Gonzalez, 11, father found her dead underneath a bed in their apt, strangled, SA & beaten, Pasadena, 12 Aug 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yay! They got him! He was in Shreveport, Louisiana...sigh of relief!

So good to hear! Since he confessed to everything, hopefully, that will help Justice be served quicker. No long drawn out process for the family to suffer through.

So good to hear! Since he confessed to everything, hopefully, that will help Justice be served quicker. No long drawn out process for the family to suffer through.
I think I'm missing the confession??? I do feel so bad for her parents and their heartache that I could never imagine if I tried.
The family ( uncle, Dad) seemed to have their eye on him to show up at his apt asking questions pretty quickly IMO

I think I'm missing the confession??? I do feel so bad for her parents and their heartache that I could never imagine if I tried.
The family ( uncle, Dad) seemed to have their eye on him to show up at his apt asking questions pretty quickly IMO
From the same article above:

Pasadena police confirmed 18-year-old Juan Carlos Garcia-Rodriguez was arrested by Shreveport police. Records show he was booked into the Caddo Parish Jail Saturday. He is awaiting extradition back to Texas. Sources say he made a full confession.

Based on the press conference where LE talked about how they matched the key, I think this predator lived either right next door or across the hall. So close that it would be logical for her family to go there asking questions and wanting to search. This is totally my opinion though.

"Sources told Eyewitness News that Garcia-Rodriguez "gave a full confession" after he was arrested in Shreveport."

Investigators found a key in the family's apartment and determined the key opened the door to the apartment where Garcia-Rodriguez lived, according to KHOU. He lived with others, but Garcia-Rodriguez's roommates had their keys when they were interviewed by police.
Police capture man accused of strangling 11-year-old Texas girl, leaving her body under a bed

unfortunately, even with DNA, the key, the confession, once an attorney get ahold of him the plea will be not guilty.

May he rot. RIP sweet girl.

Moo..I thought it would be someone from their home country.....very sad you cannot trust your own people :(
Your thought regarding home country- and by extension "home" ethnicity, "home" race, "home" religion etc. is usually accurate in the statistical sense.

At the end of the day, predatory humans usually "hunt" where they feel most comfortable and in environments that they are familiar with. As a result, they tend to hunt amongst their "own"- whether the "own" be an ethnicity, ethnic subgroup, culture, race, religion etc.

Last edited:
Based on the press conference where LE talked about how they matched the key, I think this predator lived either right next door or across the hall. So close that it would be logical for her family to go there asking questions and wanting to search. This is totally my opinion though.

Though I agree that close proximity alone may of lead to the suspicion, I am also thinking that the apartments are probably high density in regards to both numbers of inhabitants and number of apartments.

As a result, there could be a lot of people living very close to the victim's apartment. This could increase the chance that something else, other than proximity led to the suspicion.

Perhaps the perpetrator had "creeped out" the family before with non criminal, but creepy behavior. Maybe he was known to have an inordinate interest in young girls, known to have an active interest in p-orn etc?

I wish things would move quickly post confession , unfortunately we know it will still take time. Hoping everything was done BY THE BOOK so the confession does not get thrown out. I predict it will be a public defender and expect them to try to get the confession tossed. Just my opinions.

Though I agree that close proximity alone may of lead to the suspicion, I am also thinking that the apartments are probably high density in regards to both numbers of inhabitants and number of apartments.

As a result, there could be a lot of people living very close to the victim's apartment. This could increase the chance that something else, other than proximity led to the suspicion.

Perhaps the perpetrator had "creeped out" the family before with non criminal, but creepy behavior. Maybe he was known to have an inordinate interest in young girls, known to have an active interest in p-orn etc?

I agree, it probably was high density. There was just something about the way LE said, when asked about how they matched the key "we didn't have to look very far, I'll just say that" (paraphrasing) that made me think the suspect's apartment was super, super close. And then to find out that family members actually asked to search (and were allowed). Plus how quickly after the father left that the knocking began, according to the victim's messages. And then finally, as from my first post on this thread, the way her body was left in her apartment but hidden, points to a person who may have had proximity to the scene and would benefit from buying time until her body was discovered. These are the facts that led to my opinion, but it's only that. It doesn't really matter whether he lived next door or in an adjacent building in the complex though it would explain a lot if he was super close by.

*ARREST!*

An 18-year-old man suspected of sexually assaulting and killing an 11-year-old girl in Pasadena, Texas, was arrested in Louisiana on Saturday, police said. He is facing a capital murder charge upon extradition.

Police in Pasadena had previously been searching for Juan Carlos Garcia-Rodriguez in connection with the death of Maria Gonzalez, according to the department.
[snip]
Garcia-Rodriguez is still in custody in Louisiana, according to jail records, and is awaiting extradition back to Texas. It is not immediately clear if he has retained an attorney.
18-Year-Old Arrested in Connection with Murder and Sexual Assault of Maria Gonzalez, 11

Not certain if this source is approved (if not, please lmk or edit/report) but if so, some interesting info at the link: Juan Carlos Garcia-Rodriguez: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Thankfully they caught this creep :mad: 18 and already SA and murder of a very young stranger. Plus he fled to another state, back to where he is comfortable (according to the link above). Since they have his DNA now, wonder if it will end up matching any other cases?

Thoughts and prayers for the family, rest in peace Maria.

Suspect allegedly blamed two Black men as key evidence led to arrest in strangulation murder and sexual assault of 11-year-old girl​

Maria-Gonzalez-Juan-Carlos-Garcia-Rodriguez.jpg

When confronted by investigators, Garcia-Rodriguez offered denials, but he shifted his story to say he was forced at gunpoint by two Black men to commit the unconscionable crimes, Houston-area Fox affiliate KRIV reported.

When confronted by investigators after his capture in Louisiana, Garcia-Rodriguez offered denials, but he shifted his story to say he was forced at gunpoint by two Black men to commit the unconscionable crimes, Houston-area Fox affiliate KRIV reported. Judging by his arrest and the possibility of capital punishment in this case, that version of events did not persuade authorities — and literal key evidence explains how investigators made key breaks in the case, even before they obtained DNA from Garcia-Rodriguez and sent the sample off for testing.

A charging document filed in court revealed how a silver key which belonged to no one inside apartment #204, where the crime occurred, was linked to Garcia-Rodriguez.
Screenshot-2023-08-25-at-7.35.44-AM-e1692967470878.png

The victim’s father Carmelo Gonzalez, whose alibi in the case checked out from the start, told police that before he left for work that fateful Saturday morning, he recalled a “long haired” neighbor talking on a cell phone in a stairwell between apartment #204, where Maria Gonzalez was killed, and neighboring apartment #203 — just six feet away. The apartments share that stairwell.
Juan Carlos Garcia-Rodriguez

Looks like he was indeed their next door neighbor. The suspect lived with roommates in #203 and the victim in #204: Suspect allegedly blamed two Black men as key evidence led to arrest in murder of 11-year-old girl

He also apparently had family members in #206 and spent the night there after the crime (I guess trying to put as much distance as possible between himself and the crime scene before leaving for Louisiana shortly thereafter).

Everything he did - from where and how he hid her body, to what he did immediately after the crime - is indicative of how close he lived to the victim/scene.

When confronted by investigators after his capture in Louisiana, Garcia-Rodriguez offered denials, but he shifted his story to say he was forced at gunpoint by two Black men to commit the unconscionable crimes, Houston-area Fox affiliate KRIV reported. Judging by his arrest and the possibility of capital punishment in this case, that version of events did not persuade authorities — and literal key evidence explains how investigators made key breaks in the case, even before they obtained DNA from Garcia-Rodriguez and sent the sample off for testing.

A charging document filed in court revealed how a silver key which belonged to no one inside apartment #204, where the crime occurred, was linked to Garcia-Rodriguez.
Screenshot-2023-08-25-at-7.35.44-AM-e1692967470878.png

The victim’s father Carmelo Gonzalez, whose alibi in the case checked out from the start, told police that before he left for work that fateful Saturday morning, he recalled a “long haired” neighbor talking on a cell phone in a stairwell between apartment #204, where Maria Gonzalez was killed, and neighboring apartment #203 — just six feet away. The apartments share that stairwell.
Juan Carlos Garcia-Rodriguez

This is so sad. The guilt he might feel knowing he had seen this predator in the morning before he left for work. I hope her Father is able to get some help to process this all.

I had also wondered if someone had seen the suspect for the Aunt and uncle to go to the neighbor's apartment and look in the bathrooms and rooms themselves. They have still not released how he got in though right? So I am still guessing Maria opened the door. This case breaks my heart. All MOO

Suspect allegedly blamed two Black men as key evidence led to arrest in strangulation murder and sexual assault of 11-year-old girl​

When confronted by investigators, Garcia-Rodriguez offered denials, but he shifted his story to say he was forced at gunpoint by two Black men to commit the unconscionable crimes, Houston-area Fox affiliate KRIV reported.
I'm surprised he didn't say ninjas....
Seems like that is what they reach for in the end. Everyone of them.
Lol!

Looks like he was indeed their next door neighbor. The suspect lived with roommates in #203 and the victim in #204: Suspect allegedly blamed two Black men as key evidence led to arrest in murder of 11-year-old girl

He also apparently had family members in #206 and spent the night there after the crime (I guess trying to put as much distance as possible between himself and the crime scene before leaving for Louisiana shortly thereafter).

Everything he did - from where and how he hid her body, to what he did immediately after the crime - is indicative of how close he lived to the victim/scene.
203 could be across the hall and/or downstairs from 204. It likely was not next door.
206 should be next door to 204.

At least that's how I've always seen addresses in Texas:

202----------204 ---------- 206 -----------208

--------sw------------sw-------------sw

201---------203 ------------205 -----------207

sw = stairwell. It appears each stairwell served four apartments.

If the numbers in the unit started with 201, then odd numbers would be on the first floor

It appeared Maria lived in building B, so I think 2 refers to the second building.

This apartment community was built in 1956 and has 2 stories with 32 units. (2 buildings...It looks like Maria lived in building B). It's possible that it was an old converted motel. Or just budget apartments that were built in 1956.

Either way, they were in close proximity, but based on numbering schemes that I'm familiar with, I doubt if he lived next door. It does appear they were connected with the same stairwell, whereas 206 was next door, but could have been connected to an adjacent stairwell.

Last edited:
203 could be across the hall and/or downstairs from 204. It likely was not next door.
206 should be next door to 204.

At least that's how I've always seen addresses in Texas:

202----------204 ---------- 206 -----------208

--------sw------------sw-------------sw

201---------203 ------------205 -----------207

sw = stairwell. It appears each stairwell served four apartments.

If the numbers in the unit started with 201, then odd numbers would be on the first floor

It appeared Maria lived in building B, so I think 2 refers to the second building.

This apartment community was built in 1956 and has 2 stories with 32 units. (2 buildings...It looks like Maria lived in building B). It's possible that it was an old converted motel. Or just budget apartments that were built in 1956.

Either way, they were in close proximity, but based on numbering schemes that I'm familiar with, I doubt if he lived next door. It does appear they were connected with the same stairwell, whereas 206 was next door, but could have been connected to an adjacent stairwell.

You're right of course, but the close proximity between them, whether on the other side of a shared stairwell or across the hall, is shocking and explains a lot an awful lot about the circumstances of this case. So when LE wryly said "we didn't have to look far," they truly meant it.

I wonder if he had heard about the Mollie Tibbets murder case? Very possible ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back