TX TX - Mark Davis, 20, College Station, 14 Jan 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the note should be considered a suicide note, too. As sad as it is, they did say he was depressed. There are many bright college students who have cracked under the pressures of performance in school, social issues, and the inevitable reality they have a lifetime of more of the same facing them. The note says everything he wanted to say including goodbye for good.

They should call in Equusearch to start looking for him in some of his favorite remote places. With his bike and impending bad weather, he probably isn't too far.

I think the note should be considered a suicide note, too. As sad as it is, they did say he was depressed. There are many bright college students who have cracked under the pressures of performance in school, social issues, and the inevitable reality they have a lifetime of more of the same facing them. The note says everything he wanted to say including goodbye for good.

They should call in Equusearch to start looking for him in some of his favorite remote places. With his bike and impending bad weather, he probably isn't too far.

I think that he bought that new coat so that he would be warm during his ride to where ever he planned to go. He left everything behind that would identify him except his bike. I think that Mark had a plan concerning where he was riding to and what he would do when he got there. I agree that the note that he left behind says everything including good bye. He had no reason to just take off and leave his family forever and go start a new life. That would hurt them more then him not wanting to finish college right then.

Mark had just had a nice dinner out with his family...bought the coat and he left before anyone else got up. It sounds like depression just took him to that dark place that is so hard to break free of. It is such a shame because this young man had everything going for him but he had to think so to. Maybe life just got to be to hard and he wanted out. I think that hunters will probably find Mark and his bike or hikers will some day. My heart goes out to his family.

Am thinking that he needed to get away and is doing some good work for other less fortunate people. Maybe he did head to a Latin American country like his parents first thought. I think the longer he stays away the less likely he will contact his family (I hope am wrong).

Prayers for Mark Davis and for his family.

If he was going to just go somewhere and live his life why not take his wallet, cell, ID, clothes, etc? It isn't like he is hiding from anyone or on the run because of a crime he committed. If he planned to do that why not just tell his folks and then go? I don't understand the need for it to be a big secret
and cutting his parents/family out of his life. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think that is what he did. I hope he is safe and happy somewhere but if he is he should be ashamed for putting his parents through all of this pain and worry.

If he was going to just go somewhere and live his life why not take his wallet, cell, ID, clothes, etc? It isn't like he is hiding from anyone or on the run because of a crime he committed. If he planned to do that why not just tell his folks and then go? I don't understand the need for it to be a big secret
and cutting his parents/family out of his life. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think that is what he did. I hope he is safe and happy somewhere but if he is he should be ashamed for putting his parents through all of this pain and worry.
I agree, but we don't think like a 20 something year old male would think. There are young men that are willing and able to leave behind their comfortable home and venture out and not look back.

Has anyone seen anything about his relationship with his family? Did they get along? If they weren't very close, or didn't get along I could see him just taking off and doing his own thing-it wouldn't be the first time.

Oh my, that note from his dad is heart-breaking to read. He's in my prayers now.

Bumping for Mark. His one year anniversary is right around the corner.

It has been quite some time since I talked to Mark's dad. I pray for Mark daily, and look for him every time I go into a restaurant or store since I live in South Texas. I will send an e-mail tonight and see if there is any news. I know the holidays must be very hard on the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back