TX TX - Mark Davis, 20, College Station, 14 Jan 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the family contacted Texas Equusearch yet? I think finding Mark is going to be contingent on a search and recovery operation, sadly. Like I said when he first went missing...with the impending weather coming in and being on a bike...they should find him fairly close. Sorry, but I believe he was intent on suicide.

Has the family contacted Texas Equusearch yet? I think finding Mark is going to be contingent on a search and recovery operation, sadly. Like I said when he first went missing...with the impending weather coming in and being on a bike...they should find him fairly close. Sorry, but I believe he was intent on suicide.
Seriously Searching that is an excellent idea! I don't know if Texas Equusearch has been contacted. This case is just so frustrating as the site is not updated. No disrespect to Mark's family. My prayers are with them. I initially thought suicide also, but I really believe he is out there and left to live and be of help in a Latin American country somewhere. I hope there will be some answers for Mark's family...I can not imagine the suffering Mark's family deals with daily.

I think you have to be realistic about things, Ari. He didn't have a passport. No phone. No wallet. Bad weather. A bicycle. A suicide note. I don't see the outcome being positive here.

It would have been easy to replace the passport w/ a quick trip to Houston Passport office, and he could have 1 in a day, He may have had friends waiting somewhere to pick him up, or left the bike somewhere for mass transportation (bus) to get wherever he was going. I'm not at the point of looking at this one as a suicide yet.

I think Mark went off to "find himself" in the world and make decisions on what he wanted to do with his life. I don't agree with the way he went about it, as he hurt too many loved ones. But I have high hopes that he's out there doing what he felt he needed to do, and will one day, soon I hope, be in touch with his loving dad,

ETA - I didn't quite get the "suicide" part of the note left behind. Seemed to be written from a whole different mindset than that of a suicidal person

It would have been easy to replace the passport w/ a quick trip to Houston Passport office, and he could have 1 in a day, He may have had friends waiting somewhere to pick him up, or left the bike somewhere for mass transportation (bus) to get wherever he was going. I'm not at the point of looking at this one as a suicide yet.

I think Mark went off to "find himself" in the world and make decisions on what he wanted to do with his life. I don't agree with the way he went about it, as he hurt too many loved ones. But I have high hopes that he's out there doing what he felt he needed to do, and will one day, soon I hope, be in touch with his loving dad,

ETA - I didn't quite get the "suicide" part of the note left behind. Seemed to be written from a whole different mindset than that of a suicidal person
I completely agree, barb. Thank you for posting. I too do not agree with the way Mark left (although none of my business), I do know many young men have done this same thing...just take off for a different way of life, of their choice. It's unfortunate for the families. I am hopeful for some answers soon.

I'm torn on where/what Mark may have done. If he planned to commit suicide I would think they would have found his body and bike by now :confused:

Although I don't know many of the details of this case, I wonder if anyone thought about being sent by the CIA or military abroad?

Although I don't know many of the details of this case, I wonder if anyone thought about being sent by the CIA or military abroad?

Interesting question. What brought this to your mind, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

If he wanted to simply leave, the note would have stated that fact. He would have taken some of this things with him. He was not prepared for the weather except for the new jacket. Yes, he could have left the bike somewhere and gone on public transportation...but he had no wallet. He wouldn't have gotten very far.

Sorry, there is no way I believe that he went clear to Houston to get a new passport because he would have to provide at least two forms of ID...but he had no wallet.

With no money, no atm, no wallet for IDs, and nothing has surfaced since he went missing (the passport connection would have been found out by LE)...this kid isn't far away, imo.

I want him to be found and I think TES is the organization to do this. They have to be requested by the family and LE. I would hope, if you do talk to his Dad, Barb...you will mention them.

I will send a note out to his dad and see if I get a response. I'm a firm believer in TES, and should he be in the area, they are the ones that I believe could find him. I'll mention them to his dad if I hear from him. With no new updates on the website, I don't know what's going on.

Thanks SS

Re-posting article from February 11, 2007

Updated February 11, 2007 8:02 AM
Parents ask for help finding son
By APRIL AVISON
Eagle Staff Writer

Texas A&M University senior Mark Randall Davis seemed to be in a good mood on the night of Jan. 14. He went to the Olive Garden restaurant in Tyler with his family, bought a jacket in preparation for a pending ice storm and talked about his plans to return to College Station the next day to resume classes after the holiday break.
But that was the last time his parents heard from him.
He left with little more than a mountain bike, and if anyone knows where he is, they haven't come forward.
Davis, 20, left a note that indicated his parents, Randy and Karen Davis, wouldn't hear from their only son again. Randy Davis said he believes his son could still be alive and might have fled to a Latin American country to escape school-related pressures he'd been facing.
http://209.189.226.235/stories/021107/am_20070211003.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back