GUILTY TX - Mark Ysasaga, 15, Lubbock, 13 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As of now, no updates about the body found. I'm guessing their having to resort to other methods of identifying the body since it was decomposed quite a bit.

I was on the KCBD Facebook page and they posted a story talking about the search for Mark. Someone commented saying that they had heard Mark was robbing a house in the area he was last seen. Apparently, the person or people that live in the house threatened Mark's life, so he got scared and fled. Supposedly he's in the Houston area. I'm not sure if his family is aware of this info or not. I would hope so since I saw his aunt commenting on the post as well.

And then a co-worker told me that she heard that Mark was robbing the house with someone else. The person/people living there threatened them, they got scared and fled. Apparently the boy with Mark got away, and Mark wasn't able to. Not sure what happened afterwards but my co-worker said one of his good friends thinks either their keeping him or doesn't think he's alive.

Either way, it seems that IF one of these stories is true, Mark and his companion (if there was one) may have robbed the wrong people. Maybe people involved in a gang or maybe drugs??

Again, this is just information I've read/heard. Not sure if any of this is true. Bottom line is someone out there knows something. I wish they would think about his well being and his family and just speak up!!

As of now, no updates about the body found. I'm guessing their having to resort to other methods of identifying the body since it was decomposed quite a bit.

I was on the KCBD Facebook page and they posted a story talking about the search for Mark. Someone commented saying that they had heard Mark was robbing a house in the area he was last seen. Apparently, the person or people that live in the house threatened Mark's life, so he got scared and fled. Supposedly he's in the Houston area. I'm not sure if his family is aware of this info or not. I would hope so since I saw his aunt commenting on the post as well.

And then a co-worker told me that she heard that Mark was robbing the house with someone else. The person/people living there threatened them, they got scared and fled. Apparently the boy with Mark got away, and Mark wasn't able to. Not sure what happened afterwards but my co-worker said one of his good friends thinks either their keeping him or doesn't think he's alive.

Either way, it seems that IF one of these stories is true, Mark and his companion (if there was one) may have robbed the wrong people. Maybe people involved in a gang or maybe drugs??

Again, this is just information I've read/heard. Not sure if any of this is true. Bottom line is someone out there knows something. I wish they would think about his well being and his family and just speak up!!

I have been in Mexico for the last week or so and just back late this weekend. I did see where the family had finally decided to organize a search and about 70 people showed up. Nothing was found.

Since I am at work, I will check with his 2 family members that work here and see if they can give me any insight as to these robbery rumors. It probably won't be until later this afternmoon, but I will let you all know what I am told.

I have also read several comments about this... one of them mentioned that Mark was with a particular gang while another stated he was breaking into the home where someone lived that was part of the said gang.

I saw where the family is putting up a billboard... I'm hoping it will get someone to talk. He didn't just disappear into thin air... he is somewhere and someone knows something!

Okay, I finally spoke to JY which is Mark's cousin. I asked him about the robbery rumor. JY asked me where I heard that rumor and I wasn't able to find that conversation on KCBD. JY told me that his son had heard something similar. Maybe I can locate it later this morning.

JY did share with me that the person designing the billboard made a mistake on the date that Mark went missing and is currently correcting it. The billboard should go up by Thursday.

Other than that, nothing to report. No more searches have been planned and the family is planning another fundraiser to raise the amount of the reward.

just curious as to why on Marks missing page there is a post by an individual stating they should go back to the house Mark stayed at and search "I promise you". I am sure that house has been thoroughly searched but why do posts keep going back to the house?? Family is irate over people questioning where the fundraiser money is going since the reward has not increased!!

It's a long walk from the house he left to the one he was said to be going on slide. I wonder if business cams or any remaining stop light cams were checked.

I have nothing to add, but he was already on page 3. I hate to see him forgotten here, especially after the family had to wait almost 3 weeks before LE would even take his missing seriously.

Does anyone know if the reward amount has gone up, or will eventually go up? I thought that they were having most of these fundraisers (hair cuts, garage sales, car washes, donations) to raise the amount.

I agree... I hate for this case to go forgotten. I saw that an individual was posting on his Missing FB page that he is safe in Oklahoma. I wonder if any credible leads came from him.

Does anyone know if the reward amount has gone up, or will eventually go up? I thought that they were having most of these fundraisers (hair cuts, garage sales, car washes, donations) to raise the amount.

I agree... I hate for this case to go forgotten. I saw that an individual was posting on his Missing FB page that he is safe in Oklahoma. I wonder if any credible leads came from him.

No, the reward hasn't gone up and I can see why people in the community are not happy with this situation. I have asked, poked, prodded and no one has ever given me a straight answer on one detail. The family member that I work with has only told me that they are just trying to raise money right now and that the mother truly believes all these whackadoodles that are texting, calling and posting on his FIND FB site that he is being spotted all over the place.

I have thrown my hands in the air...and I sure am not waving them around like I just don't care. There are days I want to shake the living crap out of these people. SORRY, it is how I feel.

Here is Chuck Foreman's (the family hired PI) website:

http://www.cfsi-international.com/

"When families have felt abandoned and hopeless CFSI has been there to extend their resources. CFSI treats every missing child case with the utmost importance and is committed to getting the cooperation of police while demanding local as well as national media attention. CFSI is devoted to returning children home SAFE in a fast, efficient, and caring manner. "

For those of us that are new to sleuthing and understanding how LE, family and PIs all work together...can someone please tell me what kind of abilities a PI has in helping find missing people?

When I think of a PI, I think of a person sitting in their car and tailing cheating spouses.

Do they have the ability to search a home or look for any kind of forensic evidence? Do they just question people they think can give them information? Will LE be able to give them names of people they have talked to? The actual address Mark was last seen at? Does anyone actually know the exact address of the house he was at?

TIA for any information you guys have to help me understand this.

I'm assuming the money is going towards the PI...

SDT- Just by doing a basic google search about what a PI can and cannot do (legally), they cannot access phone records, search a house, access any criminal records that aren't available to the public... so basically they don't have the power that the police do. I don't know why the police would work with a PI, hired by the family, when they have their own investigators/detectives that CAN search houses, make arrests, and attain records. That is just what I have read on the internet. Maybe someone will chime in that has experience or first-hand knowledge.

the big difference between a cop and PI is that the PI was hired by a client (the family) whereas the cops have plenty of other matters competing for their time. you'd be surprised how many cops in many different jurisdictions do not take missing persons cases seriously unless there are some of the following factors involved - a. pretty blonde girl missing b. the MP is prominent in the community c. it looks like a crime was committed. if the MP is not white, not a pretty young female, is from a family that is poor or of modest means, the cases get very low priority.

I am not necessarily faulting LE as with the limited resources they have and the vast number of MP cases which resolve themselves favorably, it is often hard to justify the expense of search dogs, helicopters, draining of ponds, etc. when they know in the end the probability is that the MP will come home on his or her own.

PIs, since they are paid by the hour (presumably) have a financial incentive to make phone calls, follow up on messages, knocking on a few doors, etc. they give the families some sense of satisfaction that someone is actually paying attention to their situation and is actually doing something on their behalf.

I'm assuming the money is going towards the PI...

SDT- Just by doing a basic google search about what a PI can and cannot do (legally), they cannot access phone records, search a house, access any criminal records that aren't available to the public... so basically they don't have the power that the police do. I don't know why the police would work with a PI, hired by the family, when they have their own investigators/detectives that CAN search houses, make arrests, and attain records. That is just what I have read on the internet. Maybe someone will chime in that has experience or first-hand knowledge.

I suppose one advantage of a PI is, some people don't trust cops and won't talk to them but they will talk to a PI, especially if they don't know he's one.
Some PI's also have a good buddy or two who is in LE, which doesn't hurt when they need information from resources that are not available to the public. Another point is, a PI usually only takes one or two cases at a time, so they work almost exclusively on one case, whereas LE has other cases they have to consider and deal with at the same time.
However, a good PI costs a lot of money. Most families could not afford them for an extended period of time. PI's throw a lot of money around, and call it expenses and sometimes the family gets billed for an enormous amount with no results whatsoever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7
Back