TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the sheer number alone (43) shot won't let me believe he acted alone. Army sniper...maybe. Doctor who has never seen active deployment.....nah.

Doesn't take much expertise to shoot at an unsuspecting group of people who cannot outrun bullets.

He still has to qualify each year on the rifle/handgun range no matter what his MOS happens to be.

imo

Fort Jackson has increased their military presense in the wake of the mass shooting at Fort Hood, Texas.
Base spokesman Pat Jones tells News19 that moments after the shooting, the base put more military police members on patrol at the facility.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=80424&catid=2

It has increased here at Fort Leavenworth as well... last thing we need is for this to get contagious!

hmmm....muslim all his life...but joined the army after 9/11....disagrees with America on military stance....muslims should rise up......

His cousin (Nadar Hasan) was on Fox News about 45 minutes ago for a phone interview...he stated that his cousin (Nadal, the shooter) joined the Army right out of high school. (If that info is accurate he already has his 20 yrs. in or close to it. The Army Times says Nadal is 39 years old.)

The cousin also called him a "good American". Said he was raised in America and that he has "always" been a Muslim. That he was not a recent convert. Said that was an inaccurate report by the media.

EDIT: link to phone interview
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...alPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Just the sheer number alone (43) shot won't let me believe he acted alone. Army sniper...maybe. Doctor who has never seen active deployment.....nah.

Then again, think of 300 or more people packed in an area the size a basketball court...From my experience that could be what we're talking about here. No aiming, just pulling the trigger.

Doesn't take much expertise to shoot at an unsuspecting group of people who cannot outrun bullets.

He still has to qualify each year on the rifle/handgun range no matter what his MOS happens to be.

imo
yup... and being his rank and profession he would have been Qualing on a 9 mm per mister nursebeeme

Found this patient review of Hasan:

"Although he was hard to understand (strong accent) this doctor helped me come to terms with my conscientious objector status.While I am still not thrilled about being deployed to Iraq, I at least understand how doing so to protect my fellow soldiers is a good thing."

Thats very strange

I thought he was born in Virginia..........above mentions strong accent......

Update 7:02 Our Natasha Chen is reporting sources on Fort Hood say a second gunman could still be on the loose. The suspect gunman told a civillian he was only shooting military men.

Update 6:58 Killeen Police waiting for Fort Hood Bomb Squad before searching Hasan's apartment.

Update 6:55 Two of the soldiers at Scott & White are out of surgery and are now in the ICU.

ETA link

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=11451553

The only reason i can think of for Hasan to not want to be deployed is that he didn't want to kill fellow muslims. He obviously wasn't afraid of dying himself or we wouldn't have opened fire on our soldiers. I don't believe for one minute he was afraid of being deployed to Iraq. I think it went against his beliefs. We wasn't fighting on our side, that's for sure.

MOO... he did it all himself.

Here's the deal... my cousin was stationed in Iraq as a mental health counselor. There would be soldiers there who would shoot others or themselves all the time. There are deaths due to soldiers escaping by "huffing" chemicals. These events are just under-reported to us here. I think he did it himself. I was just surprised by his age...

LOL miss lisa! okay :)

I am so very pi$$ed right now... why couldn't he just shoot himself in the foot? Why did he have to wipe out nearly an entire unit of HEROS who were about to go serve with pride and dignity.

Also, fragging the toc is not new in the military. (it is a euphamism for killing or attacking the tactical operations center... or upstream officers)..

At this point I am thinking that fragging the toc is just what he had in mind today...

I know incidents happen, but I think the reason we don't hear so much about them is not because they are unreported or we aren't in the circle.

I think the real reason is that those incidents do not compare to going on a shooting rampage targeting and killing 13 fellow soldiers and injuring 30 of them, KWIM?

yup... and being his rank and profession he would have been Qualing on a 9 mm per mister nursebeeme

AND, he could toodle on down to the range and finds the locker with the M16's too...

Hasan had 2 handguns, right? An article had said that. That would mean either shooting with one in each hand or taking turns. How many bullets in each? Doesn't equal out to 12 killed and 31 wounded..

Update 7:02 Our Natasha Chen is reporting sources on Fort Hood say a second gunman could still be on the loose. The suspect gunman told a civillian he was only shooting military men.

Update 6:58 Killeen Police waiting for Fort Hood Bomb Squad before searching Hasan's apartment.

Update 6:55 Two of the soldiers at Scott & White are out of surgery and are now in the ICU.
starting to cook my hat..

THOUGHT: if there is a second gunman it could be someone like the active duty "conscientious objector" comment that was posted here earlier... like one of his patients that he counseled on this topic... just a thought

Has Kat checked in? Hope she and her family are alright!

I know incidents happen, but I think the reason we don't hear so much about them is not because they are unreported or we aren't in the circle.

I think the real reason is that those incidents do not compare to going on a shooting rampage targeting and killing 13 fellow soldiers and injuring 30 of them, KWIM?

Actually.... I think it's deeper than that, but I don't wanna get into a political discussion, KWIM? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU