TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
starting to cook my hat..

THOUGHT: if there is a second gunman it could be someone like the active duty "conscientious objector" comment that was posted here earlier... like one of his patients that he counseled on this topic... just a thought

It would not surprise me at all if it turned out to be one of his patients he "counseled".

With his psych background he would know how to look for the signs to recruit a couple for his terroristic act.

Update 7:13 AP sources: Fort Hood suspect drew attention of authorites 6 mos. ago for Internet posts.

Hasan had 2 handguns, right? An article had said that. That would mean either shooting with one in each hand or taking turns. How many bullets in each? Doesn't equal out to 12 killed and 31 wounded..

He prolly had several clips loaded and ready....

I wonder if it's a second wave of rumors, etc., as people leave Ft. Hood...

Lord Gibby I hope so, I had finally taken a deep breath....and now DD's MIL is stuck in traffic on the base with maybe another incident.........:banghead:

He prolly had several clips loaded and ready....

He was shot down quick though. How quick? Probably quicker than he could load a lot more clips. You have to figure he didn't hit every person with a bullet, maybe some of those bullets struct objects as well.,?

I know incidents happen, but I think the reason we don't hear so much about them is not because they are unreported or we aren't in the circle.

I think the real reason is that those incidents do not compare to going on a shooting rampage targeting and killing 13 fellow soldiers and injuring 30 of them, KWIM?
I know what you mean.

Respectfully they are reported... they are just not on this scale...

http://www.workers.org/2009/world/soldier_0528/

Eighty-two Americans were killed in 600 "fraggings" from 1969 to 1971, according to US army figures.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/nov/02/usa.iraq

these are just a few...

Thank you all for your prayers!!! My son in law is ok!!!!! He was in the building across from where the main shootings occured. He has been to Iraq twice and injured twice. He is nominated for a purple heart due to his injuries.

Sadly he just found out last week that he is going to be chaptered out of the army, due to his injuries. (A process they told him will take 6 mos to a year). He is in the re-set program right now. This is a program that helps soldiers deal with ptsd and other injuries. It is a new and promising program. My son in law was in 2 explosions, saw a lot of action as he is a boots on the ground 1sr cav, scout.

He is already having a lot of issues due to his brain injuries (concusive injuries that have left large amounts of blood on his brain), causing depression, anxiety and panic attacks, as well as physical injuries that are permenant or healing. He has said to me that it is so hard to look ok, but to be so "messed up."

Ft. Hood was his safety zone, up to this point. A place where he felt safe. I am afraid that our soldiers have lost that feeling. There have been many deaths on Ft. Hood, where soldiers have taken their own lives, or driven drunk. I don't however think anything like this was even a remote possibility in anyones mind.

I can not wrap my mind around the fact that somone who was this mans age and rank, in the healthcare field, could turn a weapon on fellow soldiers, no matter what his personal circumstances are.

Travis says the base will remain on lock down for up to 72 hours at this point. I hope that our soldiers get the help they need to get through this!

Thank you again for the prayers!!!!

LOL miss lisa! okay :)

I am so very pi$$ed right now... why couldn't he just shoot himself in the foot? Why did he have to wipe out nearly an entire unit of HEROS who were about to go serve with pride and dignity.

Also, fragging the toc is not new in the military. (it is a euphamism for killing or attacking the tactical operations center... or upstream officers)..

At this point I am thinking that fragging the toc is just what he had in mind today...

I couldn't agree more Nurse. My soldier/son deploys in a matter of weeks for what...to go and fight to preserve the rights and freedoms afforded this SOB.
No one in the military that I know of really wants to have to leave their family and deploy into a war zone, but they knew what they were signing up for when they volunteered. They suck it up, leave pregnant spouses and children, husbands, homes and family behind to serve their Country. They do it and they do it proudly. Why didn't the SOB just take his own life and be done with it. He had no wife, had no children! He would have still made the headlines. Why did he have to do it this way? How many little one's will go to bed tonight knowing that Mommy or Daddy aren't coming home...it just makes me sick!
My heart just feels such profound sorrow for the families of those who lost their lives today and for those who were injured. They were just doing their jobs and they never even made it off of American soil.
I am just so beyond angry...

http:///news/politics-elections/2009/11/05/ap_sources_authorities_had_concerns_about_suspect

"Federal law enforcement officials say the suspected Fort Hood, Texas, shooter had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.
The officials say the postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan"

(thanks to who originally posted this link, i can't find it)

"One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades"

yes they are... unless you have registered your car. if you live or work or are stationed on post you have to register your pov.

when you go thru the gate your id card is checked. I do this hundreds of times a day.

your car is not searched if you have a sticker because you are registered on post.

if you have no sticker there is another lane where you show your car registration and your car may be searched and where I am currently stationed... they search 100% of the nonregistered vehicles.

eta: okay not hundreds of times a day but enough and long enough to know what I am talking about

I've been to the large base near me (Pensacola NAS) numerous times for work, don't have a sticker and have never had my car searched. I just show my driver's license to get in. It's the same thing at Whiting Field and also at Eglin Air Force base.

Thank you all for your prayers!!! My son in law is ok!!!!! He was in the building across from where the main shootings occured. He has been to Iraq twice and injured twice. He is nominated for a purple heart due to his injuries.

Sadly he just found out last week that he is going to be chaptered out of the army, due to his injuries. (A process they told him will take 6 mos to a year). He is in the re-set program right now. This is a program that helps soldiers deal with ptsd and other injuries. It is a new and promising program. My son in law was in 2 explosions, saw a lot of action as he is a boots on the ground 1sr cav, scout.

He is already having a lot of issues due to his brain injuries (concusive injuries that have left large amounts of blood on his brain), causing depression, anxiety and panic attacks, as well as physical injuries that are permenant or healing. He has said to me that it is so hard to look ok, but to be so "messed up."

Ft. Hood was his safety zone, up to this point. A place where he felt safe. I am afraid that our soldiers have lost that feeling. There have been many deaths on Ft. Hood, where soldiers have taken their own lives, or driven drunk. I don't however think anything like this was even a remote possibility in anyones mind.

I can not wrap my mind around the fact that somone who was this mans age and rank, in the healthcare field, could turn a weapon on fellow soldiers, no matter what his personal circumstances are.

Travis says the base will remain on lock down for up to 72 hours at this point. I hope that our soldiers get the help they need to get through this!

Thank you again for the prayers!!!!

God Bless your soldier and his family for his and their scarifices! You must be so proud of him! I hate that he has suffered such terrible injuries BUT thank him for me for his williness to serve & give completely of himself! I am SO PROUD of all of our soldiers & their families. HOOAH!

The only reason i can think of for Hasan to not want to be deployed is that he didn't want to kill fellow muslims. He obviously wasn't afraid of dying himself or we wouldn't have opened fire on our soldiers. I don't believe for one minute he was afraid of being deployed to Iraq. I think it went against his beliefs. We wasn't fighting on our side, that's for sure.
If he had been counseling other soldiers with PTSD, it would be understandable for him to fear the experiences that caused them.

My problem with him is twofold:

1. If what we're hearing about his "Americans are the bad guys in this war" views are true, then trying to blame his resistance to going over there on "fear" is insulting to our intelligence.

2. Even if they aren't true and he was just afraid, then spare me. :rolleyes: He's not the only one who's afraid, and his position wouldn't be anywhere near as dangerous as most of our guys'. Man up and pay back the military that you used to get your degree.

With friends and family seriously risking their lives over there for years, I'm going to be really offended by anyone trying to rationalize this guy's position with stuff about ptsd. :mad:

KWTX update on "incident"...........sirens went off and a few minutes later a bunch of emergency vehicles came OFF the base and headed off somewhere. According to DD. Around 7 ish.

http:///news/politics-elections/2009/11/05/ap_sources_authorities_had_concerns_about_suspect

"Federal law enforcement officials say the suspected Fort Hood, Texas, shooter had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.
The officials say the postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan"

(thanks to who originally posted this link, i can't find it)

"One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades"

:no: If I were a family member of one of the soldiers who lost their lives today, I'd be calling for heads to roll.

I've been to the large base near me (Pensacola NAS) numerous times for work, don't have a sticker and have never had my car searched. I just show my driver's license to get in. It's the same thing at Whiting Field and also at Eglin Air Force base.
I was speaking about army protocol... In the wake of this I bet the air force will change its' policies.

:no: If I were a family member of one of the soldiers who lost their lives today, I'd be calling for heads to roll.

I'm sure there will be a change of command. Something like this will not go unnoticed.

KWTX update on "incident"...........sirens went off and a few minutes later a bunch of emergency vehicles came OFF the base and headed off somewhere. According to DD. Around 7 ish.

Yeah.... my cousin's friend is off base and is now eating soo... sorry i can't help you with that :(

And if there was another shooter or person indirectly involved today, they prolly wished they died today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste