TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking about army protocol... In the wake of this I bet the air force will change its' policies.

And I was posting in short spurts and unclear as I was getting up-to-date info about the situation from my cousin. I apologize for my unclear statements earlier... :D

:no: If I were a family member of one of the soldiers who lost their lives today, I'd be calling for heads to roll.

As I mentioned before I am sure him being a psychiatrist and ranting about the US aggressors AND internet postings they would have been trying to get hiim out HOWEVER in this politically correct madness we live in and him being a minority religion, may be foreign born (post said had a strong accent) they would not want to been seen as persecuting him etc......legal ramifications......

Update 7:35 From Scott & White "Scott & White Memorial Hospital has received 10 gunshot victims from Fort Hood. All patients are adults. No other transfers are expected to arrive at Scott & White in Temple or at any of Scott & White locations. Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple is no longer open to the public as we focus our attention upon the victims and their families and to insure the safety of our patients and staff."

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=11451553

That does not sound good.................

The only reason i can think of for Hasan to not want to be deployed is that he didn't want to kill fellow muslims. He obviously wasn't afraid of dying himself or we wouldn't have opened fire on our soldiers. I don't believe for one minute he was afraid of being deployed to Iraq. I think it went against his beliefs. We wasn't fighting on our side, that's for sure.

Since he was a doctor he wouldn't have been killing fellow muslims. He chose to kill American soldiers and it is sounding like he made a religous choice.

And I was posting in short spurts and unclear as I was getting up-to-date info about the situation from my cousin. I apologize for my unclear statements earlier... :D
me too Gibby! and hugs to my fellow military family member (we are all family aren't we? that is one of the things about the military that I love the most)

Can someone answer me how much action or danger would this guy would have faced being a shrink in Afghanistan? I mean it's not like he would have been in the trenches right? IDK, I think he was against going over there because it would have made him a traitor, not because he was scared of war or battle. JMO of course!

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if members weren't posting (advertising) which bases they were able to access entry to without their vehicle(s) being searched. I mean, it's only a security issue. :shakehead:

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if members weren't posting (advertising) which bases they were able to access entry without their vehicle(s) being searched. I mean, it's only a security issue. :shakehead:

Where do you think the term "loose lips sink ships" come from. :waitasec:

As I mentioned before I am sure him being a psychiatrist and ranting about the US aggressors AND internet postings they would have been trying to get hiim out HOWEVER in this politically correct madness we live in and him being a minority religion, may be foreign born (post said had a strong accent) they would not want to been seen as persecuting him etc......legal ramifications......

bbm

ITA with you.

As an officer, mister nursebeeme is always taking care of soldiers. And respecting their personal beliefs/religious practices, etc is very important. We have soldiers with anything from Wican to Satanism to Roman Catholic and Islamic on the dogtags of our current unit.

Case in point: last year we had a soldier want separate rats pay (get food allowance instead of having to eat in the mess hall) because he was islamic and felt that the spoons they used for serving in the mess hall could have touched pork at one time and that was unacceptable to him... even if the spoons had been washed.

Yes. He got separate rat. pay.

Can someone answer me how much action or danger would this guy would have faced being a shrink in Afghanistan? I mean it's not like he would have been in the trenches right? IDK, I think he was against going over there because it would have made him a traitor, not because he was scared of war or battle. JMO of course!

I wonder if it came down to him being involved killing fellow Muslims, although, as you said, most likely he would not have been in the trenches.

Not directing this at you ... But what kind of "legal ramifications" did this short sided policy lead to today? That is *if* they were treading lightly because of all you stated above.

You too? LOL Between here, the TV, the telephone, DH, and DS, and the voices in head, I'm ...flurried! :crazy:

http:///news/politics-elections/2009/11/05/ap_sources_authorities_had_concerns_about_suspect

"Federal law enforcement officials say the suspected Fort Hood, Texas, shooter had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.
The officials say the postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan"

(thanks to who originally posted this link, i can't find it)

"One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades"

WTH! They knew about him and they did nothing!:furious::furious::furious:
Why! Why! Why!:furious::furious::furious: Dammmmiiiitttttt!

Well, my cousin was in Iraq as a mental health counselor at Camp Liberty. She was "fairly" safe, except when traveling into Baghdad (roadside bombs, etc.) They had a fairly nice facility there. Afghanistan? That's a different game. It is more dangerous at this point. They don't have the facilities quite up to Camp Liberty standards. We are talking medical personnel versus front-line soldiers here... different ball of wax.

This is all MOO, from Army personnel... LOL

FOR EVERYONE READING THIS: My cousin worked at a Combat Stress Facility where SOLDIERS KILLED OTHER SOLDIERS. It does happen, it happened there...

Exactly, Suzi.

It's an insult to our intelligence and to all the soldiers who have much more reason to fear, and to the families. IMO

for everyone reading this: My cousin worked at a combat stress facility where soldiers killed other soldiers. It does happen, it happened there...

and it happens often!

Not directing this at you ... But what kind of "legal ramifications" did this short sided policy lead to today? That is *if* they were treading lightly because of all you stated above.

Hey I'm not arguing I agree......I am merely making a comment on how I feel that Political correctness has gone mad......can we go back to common sense.......BUT western society has made it too easy to sue or get compensation...........that is why I was suggesting maybe they had to tread lightly due to his minority religion......imagine going to the media with I was kicked out of the army because I was persecuted as a muslim.......

no I dont agree with it at all......like the guy/girl before said an islamic guy got separate rats pay because his spoon may have touched pork....
common sense way of treating this: wash your spoon before you eat....

the same goes for people getting away with murder literally due to diminished responsibility etcetc and youth under 18 getting away with practically everything........COMMON SENSE NEEDS TO PREVAIL

You would be suprised, my husband is a 63B (all wheel vehicle machanic) and his buddy works in the warehouse shipping and rec. When they got to Iraq, they did everything from guarding the chow hall, to sticking their head out of a gun turret manning a gun they had little to no training on. crazier stuff has happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste