TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone who explained what this guy would face going to Afghanistan.

O/T I just wanted to say that my son will be 15 shortly. All he's ever wanted to do is be a Marine. He's bound and determined to become one. The problem I have is I realized about a month ago that he'll be enlisting in three short years. I am really struggling with this. I end up in tears if I think too much about it. I guess my point is, my heart goes out to all the mom's who's kids are fighting for their country right now.

Hmm. I don't have too much to say about this, but I am sorry this guy is still sucking up oxygen.

No death row for him...

I was just reading the UCMJ and found this....

918. ART. 118. MURDER
Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;
is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

BBM

Nurse??? can you answer?
I didn't think military had a DP. but I do like the thought of the words SUFFER and DEATH being so close in the UCMJ.

Number of Executions135 people have been executed by the Army since 1916 (Source: National Law Journal, 4/5/99)Date of last military executionOn April 13, 1961, U.S. Army Private John A. Bennett was hanged after being convicted of rape and attempted murder. (R. Serrano, "Last Soldier to Die at Levenworth Hanged in an April Storm," Los Angeles Times, 7/12/94).Minimum Age to Receive the Death Penalty18 yearsMethod of ExecutionLethal InjectionDeath Row LocationU.S. Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, KansasUnited States Military Death Row Roster and sentencing rateTotal: 9 (as of 1/1/2009)

Names:
  • Kenneth Parker (B)
  • [Wade L. Walker] (B)
  • [Jessie Quintanilla] (A)
  • [James T. Murphy] (B)
  • Ronald Gray (B)
  • Dwight J. Loving (B)
  • [William Kreutzer] (W)
  • Asan Akbar (B)
  • Andrew Witt (W)
Race:

Black - 6
White - 2
Asian - 1

Male - 9

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/us-military-death-penalty

Thanks to everyone who explained what this guy would face going to Afghanistan.

O/T I just wanted to say that my son will be 15 shortly. All he's ever wanted to do is be a Marine. He's bound and determined to become one. The problem I have is I realized about a month ago that he'll be enlisting in three short years. I am really struggling with this. I end up in tears if I think too much about it. I guess my point is, my heart goes out to all the mom's who's kids are fighting for their country right now.

O/T: I understand completely... and if you ever wanna talk about it... I'm purdy open-minded.... :)

I was just reading the UCMJ and found this....

918. ART. 118. MURDER
Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;
is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

BBM

Nurse??? can you answer?
I didn't think military had a DP. but I do like the thought of the words SUFFER and DEATH being so close in the UCMJ.
yes they do.. .did you see what I just posted above? this is the current list of those awaiting execution here at fort leavenworth. Last execution however was in 1961.. as with everything in the Army it is a SLOW process

I was meaning that he wouldn't sit on death row for many many years.

Yea, let Texas prosecute him. Ron White says they have a death penalty express lane...:woohoo:

yes they do.. .did you see what I just posted above? this is the current list of those awaiting execution here at fort leavenworth. Last execution however was in 1961.. as with everything in the Army it is a SLOW process

HAHA yea it took my post a minute to show up, my computer is about to blow the heck up! litterally it has been working so hard it is burning a hole in my leg. going to cool it down and be back maybe it will run faster.

it was just mentioned on larry king that this guy was promoted to major in april!!!! how weird...but then he apparently was given a poor performance review in may and subsequently transferred to fort hood in july (i think i remember). what is going on? and the military did not want to release the fact that he was alive...

Hmmmm, maybe he'll have medical complications.......

Number of Executions135 people have been executed by the Army since 1916 (Source: National Law Journal, 4/5/99)Date of last military executionOn April 13, 1961, U.S. Army Private John A. Bennett was hanged after being convicted of rape and attempted murder. (R. Serrano, "Last Soldier to Die at Levenworth Hanged in an April Storm," Los Angeles Times, 7/12/94).Minimum Age to Receive the Death Penalty18 yearsMethod of ExecutionLethal InjectionDeath Row LocationU.S. Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, KansasUnited States Military Death Row Roster and sentencing rateTotal: 9 (as of 1/1/2009)

Names:
  • Kenneth Parker (B)
  • [Wade L. Walker] (B)
  • [Jessie Quintanilla] (A)
  • [James T. Murphy] (B)
  • Ronald Gray (B)
  • Dwight J. Loving (B)
  • [William Kreutzer] (W)
  • Asan Akbar (B)
  • Andrew Witt (W)
Race:

Black - 6