TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to remember...Military prison isnt like a civilian prison. Its like one endless boot camp.

How in the #$@%^ did we go from he was killed by a civilian officer ( who was also killed) to he is alive?

:furious:

Thanks to everyone who explained what this guy would face going to Afghanistan.

O/T I just wanted to say that my son will be 15 shortly. All he's ever wanted to do is be a Marine. He's bound and determined to become one. The problem I have is I realized about a month ago that he'll be enlisting in three short years. I am really struggling with this. I end up in tears if I think too much about it. I guess my point is, my heart goes out to all the mom's who's kids are fighting for their country right now.

I am right there with you! My son 16, is a member of the JR ROTC in his school. Just got his dress blues..he is so handsome. Bless his heart, he is trying to decide right now between college or joining first, but for sure will be a Marine in a couple of years. What gives me the strength to get through it right now is watching how my nephews became such great men since they joined the Army and Army National Guard. Children these days need direction and the one thing the military gives them is brother hood, dignity, and honor. My nephews were both going down a road of disaster..Thank God for the military that made men out of them. They now have a great reason to care about themselves and other people.
Hang in there!

note that the people awaiting execution with brackets in my above link are also in the middle or awaiting a retrial....

dang the military is a huge and slow machine...

yes they do.. .did you see what I just posted above? this is the current list of those awaiting execution here at fort leavenworth. Last execution however was in 1961.. as with everything in the Army it is a SLOW process

The Army and California ;-).

the last execution here was in 1961.

this makes me sick I wish our courts, civilian and military ran like they do in Iraq, that is one good thing that I have seen about that damn place, it took what, 60 or 90 days for Saddam to be hung?

We need MUCH faster court systems!

One thing to remember...Military prison isnt like a civilian prison. Its like one endless boot camp.

You know, I firmly believe that if we start sending first time offenders into the military to serve just an ounce of what these guys go through...the chances of re offending will drastically decrease!
I love the thought of this jerk being in a military prison after what he has done..:furious:

Telling why they waited to tell the public he was still alive after the break on LK.

How in the #$@%^ did we go from he was killed by a civilian officer ( who was also killed) to he is alive?

I watched the PC and Cone said at first there was CONFUSION at the hospital. Then when asked so they thought he was a victim at first? He THEN stated NO "so and so" was with him at ALL times!

I personally call BULLS!@#$% about someone being with him at all times!

Hmmmm, maybe he'll have medical complications.......

Doc code to treat all, I get that... but I also secretly wonder if they WANT to keep him alive to face the music so to speak

By the way... Marine vet hubby predicts AFTER his conviction, 13 years later he will be put to death. LOL

I heard a civilian officer shot him, and she's still alive too.

Will speak to a patient of his tonight.

Giving his background.

Neighbor says religious, calm and cool.

Another break

because it was media speculation. The correct info came out in the presser with the General officer.. and most likely the reason the presser was delayed.. until they had all their ducks in a row to release the correct info to the public.

I am way behind in this thread, but just had to say that in 2005, I took the wrong exit here and ended up at the gate to Ft Carson. I am a housekeeper by trade and had a trunk load of cleaners, etc in a big long tub. I had to exit my car while it was search, my ID taken and in the end was told to turn around and if I came back I would be detained. They were armed and serious, rightfully. Scared me silly and made me proud of our troops all at the same time. ((I never ever use that exit now!))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayers for those lost today, the injured and all their families, God Speed, Grace and know that our country is here for you. Thank you for keeping us safe.

because it was media speculation. The correct info came out in the presser with the General officer.. and most likely the reason the presser was delayed.. until they had all their ducks in a row to release the correct info to the public.

Didn't HE (cone) say at the FIRST PC that the shooter was dead? and that he was shot by a civ. cop who was contracted and she too was dead?

Nothing new. FBI assisting in investigation.

No known motive.

Dr Phil is talking about the victims and the shock due to the fact that on their base feeling of safety is gone. (which is what I am fearing for my son in law).

No report of why wrong information given?? So much for teasers.

Didn't HE (cone) say at the FIRST PC that the shooter was dead? and that he was shot by a civ. cop who was contracted and she too was dead?
not sure.. I didn't see the first one.

but most likely in the chaos not much was known at that time.

They are dealing with complete pandamonium at Hood and my hat is OFF to General Cone right now... He was deferring to his aide like there was no tomorrow at the presser toward the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste