TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another live feed. I hope the links work.

Live feed from KTVT on the Fort. Hood shooting

Some went to Darnell, some to Metroplex, some to Temple. My son in law is not at metroplex.

CBS news reports injured as many as 30. Used m-16's

Official Ft. Hood briefing expected in 10 or so minutes.

The targets were soldiers on their way to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Between that and the fact that they chose this day, when security would be easier to get through, it's sounding like a antiwar or terrorist attack, IMO.

There are also confirmed reports that a police officer was shot in a post exchange, but other details weren’t available.
http://www.kwtx.com/localnews/headlines/69305427.html

Must be at least 3 shooters..one at out processing, one at theater used as staging area for deploying soldier and their families and now one at the PX.
Dear Lord, please protect those who protect us. Please protect their families.
My heart is so saddened right now.

I'm thinking terrorists, but I always think terrorists after 9/11.

((((MissieMt)))) and ((((SunnieRN))))

Prayers for your families.

Salem

Thanks Salem, but lucky for me I am no longer there. I have a few friends that I keep in touch with sometimes, but I don't think they are on the post.

Sunnie, please let us know as soon as you find out anything about your Son.

Anything interesting on the scanner? I can't ever get the scanner to work on my computer.

The targets were soldiers on their way to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Between that and the fact that they chose this day, when security would be easier to get through, it's sounding like a antiwar or terrorist attack, IMO.

Chilling it's falling so quickly on the heels of the UN mission attack in Afghanistan which happened last Wednesday. I wonder if this is some sort of "statement".

If this were a terrorist attack, I think other bases nearby would be on lockdown; but nothing reported in San Antonio, 100 miles south, and home of Ft. Sam Houston, the Army of the South headquarters, and various other military bases.

Good, clear scanner - thanks for the link!
The RR scanner I linked covers police and fire and EMS all at same time. There might be a separate RR link.

Lst I heard on tv was the second shooter may be responsible for the shooting at the 3rd location. He is still on the loose.

Anything interesting on the scanner? I can't ever get the scanner to work on my computer.

It sounds like they're grouping to do a caravan of officers to the base. I could be wrong but that's what I THINK they were saying.

fran

Not really. In fact, I turned it off because it is, of course, not the secure scanner. I get the impression that it is local LE because they are outside the gates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member