TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only are they going OUT they are just coming in from deployment. There is a lot that goes on at the FSRS building on any post.

Let me say that PTSD IS A BIATCH! <-if that gets me a time out so be it. But I think that this situationi is going to play out more and more. I am VERY suprised that more stuff like this has not happened in the past!

Living on post I have seen some HORRIBLE things before and after deployments!
ITA and posted something along the same lines right when you did!

When we have fireworks on post on the fourth of july I have seen grown men and women hit the deck due to their ptsd. Not saying it is involved here but I would not be surprised in the slightest...

Hubby is at Fort Irwin right now, he was told **Rumor** it was an argument over a baseball game. That's what's circulating there anyway.

Wow, that's unbelievable. I can't even fathom that!! Thanks for the info

shooters rumored name is posted on the kxxv website right now...they have live feed going on.

Wow, that's unbelievable. I can't even fathom that!! Thanks for the info

Note I said *Rumor*, son is in training class so can't reach him right now.

Not everyone walks around with a gun on base - Only the MP's.
Soldiers in training are only allowed to handle their guns in specific areas while training.
not to mention that when a unit deploys drawing weapons is one of the last things they do before getting on the buses.

This had to be someone's personal weapon. We are allowed to have personal weapons on post just like people living anywhere else in the united states (but they do have to be registered)

ABC News reports shooter's identity is Malique Hassan.

ABC News reporting shooter as Major Malik Nadal Hasan

I hope and pray they look into this thoroughly,I think they will.It is possible some soldier who was being deployed had "been there" and just flipped.It must be hard to think of going to those he77 holes over there,the fear the loved ones here go through is unbelieveable.It doesnt give anyone a license to kill,but I think I can somewhat understand.God go with all of them and get us out of these holes called Countries.Thank you for listening,think I have spent time worrying in one too many wars.:angel:

ABC News reports shooter's identity is Malique Hassan.
okay.. I was going to sit on my hands....

wow..... wow...... mister nursebeeme just left again... but will run the name by him when he gets back. The officer corps is small in the army...

ABC:
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-killed-fort-hood-shooting/story?id=9007938

12 Soldiers Killed and 31 Wounded in Fort Hood Shooting
Suspected Gunman Is Identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan
By EMILY FRIEDMAN
Nov. 5, 2009

Twelve people have been killed and 31 wounded in a shooting spree at a Texas military base by what officials believe was possibly carried out by an Army officer.

The suspected gunman was identified as Major Malik Nadal Hasan. He was killed and two other suspects have been apprehended, Lt. Robert W. Cone said.

-snip-

The extent of the injuries of victims "varies significantly," according to Cone.
-snip-

Cone said the motive for the attack, which took place just after 1:30 p.m. CT, is unclear.​

KWTX

Army Major Maleek Hasaan- shooter recent convert to Islam

(I'm not sure I have the name spelled correctly)

okay.. I was going to sit on my hands....

wow..... wow...... mister nursebeeme just left again... but will run the name by him when he gets back. The officer corps is small in the army...

I fully understand, nursebeeme!

This is such a huge worry for me! Thank you for sharing what you know, my son will be deployed to Afghanistan in June and PTSD is a major concern for me.

Bless you and your family. Your son is a brave man, you have reason to be very proud...My son has been in Afghanistan for 10 months now. I'm so glad they have internet access, we chat often.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Officials: 11 killed, plus gunman, in Fort Hood shootings

Eleven people plus a gunman were killed and 31 were wounded after the gunman opened fire at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, a Fort Hood spokesman said.

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, said the spokesman, Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

Cone said more than one shooter may have been involved.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:eek::eek::eek:

My God! A Major? Wonder how many deployments he has had?
mister nurse is a LTC (next rank up) and he has had FIVE.... COUNT THEM FIVE... plenty of time to get the ole' psyche screwed up... trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7