TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they probably mean 'Harker Heights'...not sure about 'target' tho....unless there's some other nutjobs out there now.

Is Scott and White technically in Harker Heights? I thought it might be--I could be wrong on that ..but that might be what they are talking about, since they are on lockdown.

GB you, your family, and your son, indicat! My granddaughter's husband was deployed from Ft. Bragg just last month.

Thanks to your son for his service to our county. And thanks to all our military families here on WS. It is a sacrifice for all of you.

Prayers!

My son was stationed at Ft. Bragg when the solider was shooting at the troops during morning exercises. I was getting ready for work when it came on the news and I freaked!! That's putting it mildly. I was so scared. Lucky for me, my son understands me pretty well and he called within an 1/2 hour to let me know he was okay. I didn't make it to work for a couple of hours because my knees were so weak.

I really feel for these soliders, their families and friends and send them many, many prayers.

Salem

KWTX

Hasaan age late 30s, LE not sure if name is birth name or his name after converting

Hi everyone, just able to get on. My brother and his family are at Ft Hood...all are safe, thank God.

Thank you so much for saying this. I knew the minute I read the shooter's name exactly where the discussion would go--and I was correct! I do not understand how people can be so closed minded.

Not bickering about the name at all, but I am upset that the Commander in Chief does not even know that Ft. Hood is an Army POST - not BASE as he stated. I also feel he should supply our military men and women EVERYTHING they need to survive their deployment and their mission.

We can still have differences of opinion on this tragedy and stances taken as well as words spoken. And I am certainly not closeminded. I have three family members in the military as we speak and one is in Afganistan right now.

JMO. MOO, and everything else.

My son was stationed at Ft. Bragg when the solider was shooting at the troops during morning exercises. I was getting ready for work when it came on the news and I freaked!! That's putting it mildly. I was so scared. Lucky for me, my son understands me pretty well and he called within an 1/2 hour to let me know he was okay. I didn't make it to work for a couple of hours because my knees were so weak.

I really feel for these soliders, their families and friends and send them many, many prayers.

Salem

GB you, and your family, Salem! Please thank him for me for his service to his country!

CTC lockdown lifted
FT Hood still on lockdown

[/B]

Not bickering about the name at all, but I am upset that the Commander in Chief does not even know that Ft. Hood is an Army POST - not BASE as he stated. I also feel he should supply our military men and women EVERYTHING they need to survive their deployment and their mission.

We can still have differences of opinion on this tragedy and stances taken as well as words spoken. And I am certainly not closeminded. I have three family members in the military as we speak and one is in Afganistan right now.

JMO. MOO, and everything else.

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX) also called Ft. Hood an army base in her remarks to Wolf Blitzer, and it's in her state. This was an unintentional error on both their parts.

Now, for God's sake, let's experience this as a national tragedy and not as an excuse to take potshots at the Commander in Chief.

Wonder what Hassan's hometown is? I found one on ms but he has hometown listed as GA. Another military as friend is also a Major.

I have a friend stationed at Ft. Hood. I was freaking out because she hadn't answered my texts or calls. I finally heard from her and she is very shaken, but doing ok.

Please keep all the victims and their families in your prayers.

KWTX
now saying not sure if there w/ be a presser at 5:30 FT Hood time, 6:30 Eastern

ETA
live info from S/W Hosp:
have 9 victims currently
4 of injured in surg
more victims are expected at that hosp

Wonder what Hassan's hometown is? I found one on ms but he has hometown listed as GA. Another military as friend is also a Major.
Just heard he is from Virginia...

OK news is coming out so fast, I don't know if he was stationed in Va or just from Va.

Also just heard he worked in the Psych dept at the hospital at Ft. Hood.

3 involved, 1 killed, 2 apprehended. 12 killed 31 wounded
suspects all soldiers

[video=youtube;UDI8vmO8uPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDI8vmO8uPM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That so crazy! My prayers to all the victims & their families.
It had to be a conspiracy between the suspects.. so unreal

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX) also called Ft. Hood an army base in her remarks to Wolf Blitzer, and it's in her state. This was an unintentional error on both their parts.

Now, for God's sake, let's experience this as a national tragedy and not as an excuse to take potshots at the Commander in Chief.

She is not the Commander in Chief, tho!

I will drop it if you will.

Have we heard anything else from SunnieRN? Her son-in-law is on the base, and she hadn't heard from him. Hope all is well with her.

I'm sure Obama saying "base" instead of "post" was just a slip up. Nothing I'd get too upset about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019