Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trying to catch up but was thinking in bed last night as a storm passed by 3 times or 3 storms in a row
Anywho...the time they went fishing and the pic taken before instead of them fishing or with a mess of fish...just seems not quite right to me.

Back to reading the posts I missed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're right. Today, there is a game warden in a boat searching, saying "you can only look under one rock so many times". Additionally weather permitting they were considering using an airborn resource.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/dent...ods-second-boater-still-missing-denton-county

Completely hypothetical, but notice how now they're clearly saying their only witness is OM (which we knew but I assumed they had more information than they were revealing), what if they believe he's in the water just based on something OM told them but OM was coached to say it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The search for a 38-year-old man who disappeared Monday night (March 6) in Denton County, Texas has since been scaled back by authorities.

Ten Texas game wardens will continue their efforts with assistance from other authorities, however, after the man’s two-year-old son was found wandering in the woods on Tuesday morning along Denton Creek, there has been no sign of Matthew Meinert.

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department noted that the search for the pair began on Monday after a boater on the creek identified a beached fishing boat appearing to be abandoned. Finding a cell phone within the boat, the boater called Meinert’s family.

After having found Oliver, crews on foot and on the water continued to search for Meinert with the use of dogs and drones through Tuesday and Wednesday, pausing their efforts each night. For the most part, Denton Creek is shallow, however, some areas can be as deep as 11 feet. A Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter has been searching the area since Tuesday, while the Flower Mound Fire Department continued to search Denton Creek using sonar.

http://texashillcountry.com/search-matthew-meinert-denton-creek/

What is this "poaching"?

And obviously, he has no care for the safety of his own son, driving with him without a seatbelt, and here, taking him boating without putting on a life vest.

The fact that he brought his son initially makes me think this wasn't a planned thing so he could "disappear" because it would make more sense to go out on a fishing trip ALONE and then "disappear."

But as you point out...he obviously didn't give much thought to his son's safety so who knows.....

Not sure where to start but bear with me...
I grew up just a few miles from Denton Creek, and until a few months ago lived a few hundred yards from it. I have fished the creek countless times since I was a kid and few time in the last year. I have been on the creek in a boat and have walked in from Denton Hwy. On the east side of the Hwy is a mountain bike trail that skirts the creek that I have ridden dozens of times so it would be safe to say that I am extremely familiar to the area. The creek feeds into Grapevine lake and flows basically NW to SE. When the creek is it at normal levels it has mostly sheer 10ft walls of dirt and clay on both sides and murky water, blind curves seemingly throughout, and Hundreds of tons of debris like trees and brush that makes navigation hazardous at best. In a few places west of Denton hwy (377) there are underwater rock ledges that are impassable in boats when the water is low. The depth varies throughout the length of the creek but mostly is about 3 to 7 ft, but in a few areas can reach 15 feet. After a rain the creek is MUDDY, with zero underwater visibility and the debris moves around. I have never seen an alligator in the creek, but I have seen some rather monstrous alligator gar, feral hogs, snakes, bobcats and coyotes.

I believe that he probably went overboard and likely drowned due to a previous medical issue or by striking his head on some debris. It is very likely that the boat hit debris a threw him from the boat. That is because he was sitting at the back where the tiller (steering and gas) are located on this boat. When a boat strikes debris like log or tree it kicks the front of the boat up and then violently kicks the rear up in the air like an unbalanced see-saw, I know this from experience that I don't care to do again . Regarding how far the boat went onto shore, it is absolutely possible! Last year we were in a much larger (28ft) and heavier boat in the Mississippi river Delta and hit a sand bar at about 35mph and we slid at least 30 feet onto the sandbar. Everyone in the boat was thrown onto the deck of the boat, not out of the boat and we were all standing up.
The water in Denton Creek really cannot be effectively searched by divers because of the water clarity and the debris. IMHO it is highly probably that he drowned and is caught underwater in some trees. Of course this is all if he didn't plan his own disappearance but I don't know if I believe this to be the case. My question is: what happened to the fishing poles? You don't go up the creek for boat ride, its too hazardous.

Not sure where to start but bear with me...
I grew up just a few miles from Denton Creek, and until a few months ago lived a few hundred yards from it. I have fished the creek countless times since I was a kid and few time in the last year. I have been on the creek in a boat and have walked in from Denton Hwy. On the east side of the Hwy is a mountain bike trail that skirts the creek that I have ridden dozens of times so it would be safe to say that I am extremely familiar to the area. The creek feeds into Grapevine lake and flows basically NW to SE. When the creek is it at normal levels it has mostly sheer 10ft walls of dirt and clay on both sides and murky water, blind curves seemingly throughout, and Hundreds of tons of debris like trees and brush that makes navigation hazardous at best. In a few places west of Denton hwy (377) there are underwater rock ledges that are impassable in boats when the water is low. The depth varies throughout the length of the creek but mostly is about 3 to 7 ft, but in a few areas can reach 15 feet. After a rain the creek is MUDDY, with zero underwater visibility and the debris moves around. I have never seen an alligator in the creek, but I have seen some rather monstrous alligator gar, feral hogs, snakes, bobcats and coyotes.

I believe that he probably went overboard and likely drowned due to a previous medical issue or by striking his head on some debris. It is very likely that the boat hit debris a threw him from the boat. That is because he was sitting at the back where the tiller (steering and gas) are located on this boat. When a boat strikes debris like log or tree it kicks the front of the boat up and then violently kicks the rear up in the air like an unbalanced see-saw, I know this from experience that I don't care to do again . Regarding how far the boat went onto shore, it is absolutely possible! Last year we were in a much larger (28ft) and heavier boat in the Mississippi river Delta and hit a sand bar at about 35mph and we slid at least 30 feet onto the sandbar. Everyone in the boat was thrown onto the deck of the boat, not out of the boat and we were all standing up.
The water in Denton Creek really cannot be effectively searched by divers because of the water clarity and the debris. IMHO it is highly probably that he drowned and is caught underwater in some trees. Of course this is all if he didn't plan his own disappearance but I don't know if I believe this to be the case. My question is: what happened to the fishing poles? You don't go up the creek for boat ride, its too hazardous.

Hi Mike-

Long time lurker here on WS- first time poster. I live in Trophy Club where this occurred. He launched from our park area and OM was found near the launch area as well. It's a dang miracle he came out unscathed- between the water, lack of life jacket, wildlife as you mentioned and the elements... And I will add- we have had a boat on this lake for 17 years and I've never seen an alligator, nor has anyone. They appear in some of our lakes very infrequently- many times as a released pet that can survive if they have to, but they are not indigenous to this area.

I agree with your assessment of what happened. I think he's trapped underwater and the visibility is so poor, they just can't find him. But he will surface. The water temp is cold, but the air is warm, so sometimes when we have missing people on these lakes (it happens every single summer as you know)- they take a while to be found. We lost a family friend's son 8 years ago on a nearby lake and he wasn't found for 39 days:(

His criminal history is puzzling and the timing sure is odd considering he just received his 3rd DUI a month ago today. He is probably facing some jail if not prison time. I just don't understand the continued driving without a license and not having the little one in a seat belt and now not having him in a life jacket:( So thankful at least OM is home safe and sound.

Finally caught up and marking my spot. Great info and opinions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

i read they are using sonar equipment so that should help with the murky water.

i read they are using sonar equipment so that should help with the murky water.

Are they still doing that? I know at first I hears that, but what i read today is that they have one boat out, and possibly an air resource.

one gator is one too many for my taste. luckily, we have a cajun place here in town :-)

Hello, all.
I've been reading and following along. I haven't seen anything posted about the current state of their marriage. Are they together or separated? Just going by his arrest record, I wonder if the texted picture to OM's mom was a taunt. Maybe continuing to put OM at risk (unrestrained child, DUI, etc.) was a point of contention, and the toddler's mother said "nope - no way". Just an idea.........

Completely hypothetical, but notice how now they're clearly saying their only witness is OM (which we knew but I assumed they had more information than they were revealing), what if they believe he's in the water just based on something OM told them but OM was coached to say it?

Please tell me what OM stands for????
Never mind I know now..

DEA heli?? Is that normal?

Yeah, it's not as odd as it sounds. Different LE divisions will often lend resources to small jurisdictions. Years ago there was a kerfuffle in my city bc the border patrol in a surrounding area had routinely made their helicopter accessible to our city as a courtesy, upon request and assuming it was free. There was a fallout between our Sheriff and the border patrol admn and they revoked that privilege.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back