GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think anything happened to her when she was in the park. She was probably walking home at the time. Not much to see in the dark at 8:30. Her phone went dead right as the sun was going down. If someone had hit her, they would have to drag her to a car in the preserve parking lot where the cameras could see the vehicle exit. I think it's more likely that she was on her way home near one of the many holes in the fence, or in her apartment complex. Because you can't just drag a body out of there without someone seeing. It wasn't pitch black yet. And there was no evidence of a struggle in the park. So where ever it was, it was secluded and near a vehicle. OR she knew her attacker and went willingly. That doesn't explain much about her phone dead though. Ugh I just wish they would release more info. My heart breaks for her family. I still carry my gun with me anytime I take the dog out! They haven't said what complex she lives in, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the same one I live in. I just hope we have answers soon! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She lived at Preserve at Arbor Hills, the complex directly west of AH. That is the address for her when searching her name, and that is the complex the local news showed. Below is one video where they show a shot of the complex. If you live there, I'm glad you have a gun on you but hopefully you're also taking your dog out in open, well lit areas!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missing-Woman-in-Plano-419851574.html

I wonder if the traffic cam at Parker is working and if LE has pulled content from it? I know they work at Park since I got a ticket in the mail for turning right on red without coming to a complete stop. I could see myself in my car when I watched the video recap.

A couple of things I want to clear up after going back to the beginning of the thread:

1. It sounds like all of her belongings, including her car, (but not her phone?) were found in her locked apartment.

2. She probably died and was in the lake that first night when she was talking to her family member? Were they texting or talking?

This case is really bothering me. I have to believe there are leads. I'm getting the feeling from most of the locals on the thread that it's quite unlikely she would walk or bike to this area. I feel like the family member she was in contact with, must know how she got there. I suppose if they were texting rather than talking, perhaps not. Also, I'm not implying the family member is involved, I'm just trying to think of details LE probably has and are not releasing.

I live by the beach in California. I often leave the house and walk or run on the beach, sans wallet. I often hide my keys in my yard, and I take off without them. But if I was going running or walking somewhere further from home, I'd probably 1. Drive, or take public transit, and 2. Put my ID, some cash and at least my house key, in a pocket of my running pants or something.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The below article states that Plano PD says (referring to Arbor Hills):

"We were able to get cell phone extraction evidence to show she was actually in that park at the time that communication was taking place," Officer David Tilley of Plano police said.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/249485938-story

I grew up in Plano and currently reside in Plano...I heard on the radio here the body found was her. My brother was driving past Arbor Hills 2 nights ago and said he saw a bunch of cop cars and they had it closed off. He also mentioned something about them putting up cameras.... praying for her and her family.

What's your source for the information​ about her lights, JMO? I haven't seen that news story.

I appreciate muhgood's local perspective. I looked at the satellite view. AHNP seems like a large wooded park. I feel like there must be areas that can be unseen. Those trees have to cast plenty of shadows after dark.

Poor Megan. Her poor family.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

http://www.fox4news.com/news/249822631-story

"Getrum, a software engineer at Plano-based Masergy, is described by neighbors as someone who kept to herself.

Another neighbor said even before she learned Getrum was missing on Tuesday, she noticed her lights on and blinds open at night. That neighbor had a feeling something was wrong, but otherwise noticed nothing suspicious.

Burnett said not knowing how Getrum died weighs on her mind."

She lived at Preserve at Arbor Hills, the complex directly west of AH. That is the address for her when searching her name, and that is the complex the local news showed. Below is one video where they show a shot of the complex. If you live there, I'm glad you have a gun on you but hopefully you're also taking your dog out in open, well lit areas!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missing-Woman-in-Plano-419851574.html

I wonder if the traffic cam at Parker is working and if LE has pulled content from it? I know they work at Park since I got a ticket in the mail for turning right on red without coming to a complete stop. I could see myself in my car when I watched the video recap.

Parker And the DNT is the closest Red Light Camera to the preserve . So unless they ran the red light no video .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The case has so many unanswered questions. Reportedly there was no obvious trauma to her body. Despite that, nothing points to her taking her own life IMO.

Is it just a coincidence that her phone went dead on the same evening that she apparently never returned to her apartment? The phone has not been recovered according to any sources that I've read.

Articles also make note that the her water bottle along with her phone are missing. I can not imagine how they know of the water bottle unless the family member she was conversing with mentioned something about knowing she had it with her. No mention of keys either.

My gut tells me she was abducted on or very near the apartment property. The complex website says it is a gated complex, although not hard to circumvent the gates in most apartment complexes. Maybe someone that lives or works in that vicinity or even the apartments themselves knew her habits of frequenting the nature area in the evenings and watched for her to return through the hole in fence mentioned by a local.

I saw an article this evening that she graduated Valedictorian form her high school in Sherman, Tx. This was a life full of promise.

She had been unemployed for many months. It's possible she took an overdose of something (sleeping pills, anxiety pills, antidepressants) and when she was getting sleepy, walked into the lake to make certain her body wouldn't be found until she couldn't be revived. People who really want to end their lives, do so in a manner where they can't be revived or found until after they can't be revived.

She had been unemployed for many months. It's possible she took an overdose of something (sleeping pills, anxiety pills, antidepressants) and when she was getting sleepy, walked into the lake to make certain her body wouldn't be found until she couldn't be revived. People who really want to end their lives, do so in a manner where they can't be revived or found until after they can't be revived.

Do you have a source that confirms the unemployment mentioned?

So I think since only her phone was on her and likely all she took on her walk that she was attacked sometime before entering her home and after the fall ended.

I also think someone should see if any places like trees or backyard can look up at her windows to stalk her and if any area that would be possible from has evidence someone was spending s lot of time there because then all they needed to do was wait for their perfect hence to snatch her

Also the water bottle part mixed with the body being in walking clothes makes me think the cops know or are pretty sure she was taken during her walk

Do you have a source for that? Because it seems to me that she was still employed based on people who work at Masergy who refer to her as "co-worker". Her linkedin profile says she worked at Masergy until Jan 2017 but I think that is in error. JMO

I can't seem to view her on LinkedIn now, although I was able to last week. Is anyone else having that issue?

I can't seem to view her on LinkedIn now, although I was able to last week. Is anyone else having that issue?

I was able to see it previously but get "page not found" now.

Thanks for the link, JMO. I thought I'd read every story in MSM about Megan. Guess not!

This DMN story https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pla...consider-aspects-learn-ended-lake-ray-hubbard says Megan was '[FONT=Arimo, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]using her cell phone to message a family member from the park after dark on Friday night.' I thought I remembered hearing that her phone went out during a cell phone conversation but Google isn't helping me out with that. Maybe she stopped responding to texts? Anyway, according to police she was in the park after dark using her phone, and according to the family member she was speaking with, there was no sign of a problem. Like muhgoo said earlier, if she was going to go to a lake without a vehicle, why not Lake Lewisville? And how would she get to LRH with no car? No, someone put her there.

She was found in a residential type area, and that article above says there were no signs signs of trauma. I really want to hear about the report from the ME. Could she have been drowned?

[/FONT]

I can confirm she was not unemployed and she was working at a new job. She was very smart and highly marketable.

JMO Lately here in Dallas there is no way I would go to LRH as a woman jogging alone period , I used to not be like this but there are soooooooooo many thefts , murders etc. here lately all it takes is the crime portal on the Dallas county website I'm not sure how she got there but its not somewhere I would go , maybe up by chandlers landing but still not alone!

I can confirm she was not unemployed and she was working at a new job. She was very smart and highly marketable.

Welcome to Webslueths, James. It sounds like you were familiar with Megan. Do you have any theory on what might have happened to her?

I live in Dallas - I've been surprised at how little coverage this case has. Anyone else?

I apologize if this has been posted already. I've been wrapped up in another case. She could not have just gone to Lake Ray Hubbard without her car. It's a 25-30 mile drive down the toll road. We do not have an adequate public transportation system to get her there. IMO, someone took her there.

I've been avoiding this thread, because this case scares me. It hits really close to home. We go to Arbor Hills monthly with a small hiking group, just moms and kids. There is a great playground and trails great for young ones. Very family friendly. We were scheduled to go this weekend, but we are considering cancelling for the time being.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back