GUILTY TX - Melanie Goodwin, 19, abducted & murdered, Denton, 25 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The link posted in Post 19 has been updated with the person of interest's picture and name.

0927reyesmug.jpg

Ernesto Reyes. It looks like he's already got a mugshot?

Link in 23 has been updated to say that his girlfriend recognized him from the video and turned him in. Can you imagine seeing your boyfriend on tv wanted in a murder investigation? Good for her for turning him in.

I think I found this guys myspace page, and if it is his for sure .......there is some pretty horrible stuff on his page. Someone somewhere that knows him, I bet seen this coming somehow...based on the stuff on his page. Seems to have a sex addiction severly if it is his page........which I am pretty sure it is.

Kel

They are still looking for the suspect - its also been posted at amw : http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=49273 - his gf turned in his name but they havent gotten him in custody yet- from the article:

Manhunt For Suspect In College Student's Murder
Police in Texas are looking for a man they believe is connected to the brutal murder of 19-year-old Melanie Goodwin. Police found Melanie's burned body Sept. 25, 2007 several miles from the convenience store where she was last seen. >>The Full Story

Last updated: September 28 2007

Another man was arrested though in connection to the case and this also is at the link above at americas most wanted :

Donovan.jpg
Carrollton police arrested Donovan Young in connection with this case, but at this point, he is only charged with tampering with evidence.

It goes on to say that US marshals are now also looking for ernesto reyes - the blue pic of him is his from his drivers license - hes still at large.

According to the clerk at the convenience store - reyes asked her for a ride

It cannot be stressed enough not to give rides to strangers :cry:

I just told my own daughter again never to allow someone she doesnt know into her car or to get into the car with a stranger or anyone she doesnt know very well.

DALLAS — A man accused in the death of a University of North Texas student two weeks ago was captured Tuesday in Mexico, Carrollton police said.

Carrollton police said that U.S. and Mexican authorities took 20-year-old Ernesto Reyes into custody as he left a family member's house in the Mexican town of Celaya Guanajuato, about four hours northeast of Mexico City.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300580,00.html

DALLAS — A man accused in the death of a University of North Texas student two weeks ago was captured Tuesday in Mexico, Carrollton police said.

Carrollton police said that U.S. and Mexican authorities took 20-year-old Ernesto Reyes into custody as he left a family member's house in the Mexican town of Celaya Guanajuato, about four hours northeast of Mexico City.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300580,00.html
Excellent news. Thanks for the info. I would hope that these people are caught with the speed of lightening and it furthers their belief that they will be caught and think twice about doing the crime.

This case was just featured on the ID channel tonight. Reyes was convicted of Capital Murder with a sentence of life in prison without parole.

This case was just featured on the ID channel tonight. Reyes was convicted of Capital Murder with a sentence of life in prison without parole.

I watched it too and came here to review the case a little more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back