GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, he's just another a$$hat who decided that if he couldn't have her, nobody else could either. Guess I'm jaded because I lost a good friend. Murdered by her "DH" after she had enough of his violence, took her girls and left. And, BTW some people thought that murderer was a good man. :banghead:

It is the age old problem of believing people are good because they look "upstanding citizen" like. In this case the bf was trashed because he didn't speak or look as good it seems to me. Therefore he was "suspicious" while people actually attacked her family for daring to speak about the abuse with the ex. The ex was seen as least likely when time after time after time it shows that women in abusive relationships often die within a year of leaving the abuser. IMO

It is the age old problem of believing people are good because they look "upstanding citizen" like. In this case the bf was trashed because he didn't speak or look as good it seems to me. Therefore he was "suspicious" while people actually attacked her family for daring to speak about the abuse with the ex. The ex was seen as least likely when time after time after time it shows that women in abusive relationships often die within a year of leaving the abuser. IMO

You are so right/close about the timeline of my good friend's murder! And, she was a young woman like MS when she married. I would never call JoAnn's husband an upstanding citizen because I saw the abuse.

OT: When I visited my 91 year old father in Mobile a couple of months ago, I noticed that the scum of the earth had died. The Legacy page showed his grave and stone. It was huge and had the inscription of "Forgive Me" and beneath that his wife and 2 daughters names. I threw up. Sorry for the rant.

I wish somebody who has killed his wife, got caught and admitted it, would explain what it is that happens. The ones who have children, and the ones who know they will be looked at...don't think? Don't care? Don't have any control of themselves? Do they not know they will be #1 on the perp list? No care of what happens with the babies?? Just so sad. I wonder who will care for these children now?

From the look of his mugshot I think the seriousness of this all is starting to sink in. Big guy! So if they did meet at McDonald's they should have that on video and then maybe them leaving together. Was the little daughter not there as promised? Did he convince her to get in his vehicle with him? Something caused LE to immediately focus on the ex husband. If he said on FB that he moved a few weeks ago, this most likely was premeditated.

Thank God for Tim Miller and his team. He did mention his daughter Laura on the video, as the reason he was doing this. Sad.

From the look of his mugshot I think the seriousness of this all is starting to sink in. Big guy! So if they did meet at McDonald's they should have that on video and then maybe them leaving together. Was the little daughter not there as promised? Did he convince her to get in his vehicle with him? Something caused LE to immediately focus on the ex husband. If he said on FB that he moved a few weeks ago, this most likely was premeditated.

He sure is. His body is a weapon. I think the COD is likely strangulation.
He probably placed his hands around her neck and choked her. MOO

The body is evidence they needed. I think they can only hold a person so many hours without evidence. So now, he was taken into custody.

Poor babies. No one should grow up without their mother, but especially these circumstances.

:wagon: to Websleuths, pinkmonkey!

I'm just sorry it's under such sad circumstances. :(

R.I.P., Melissa.

dghvfet.gif

Oh my. Matt was arrested at his parents house where the couple’s four children are staying so the eldest children probably saw the police surround the house with guns and take their father away.

First thing I saw when I got off of work!

Missing mom's estranged husband charged after body found near search area http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9379149

It's about time. :tantrum: I'm glad we can finally speak freely about this suspect. It's been stressful the last few days trying to post without getting hands slapped. I knew it was him from the moment I saw his cryptic FB posts in October about being married to Melissa and never letting her go.

May Melissa rest in peace. Wishing her and her unborn child's loved ones can find some closure. Those poor babies now have to grow up without either parent. So many lives disrupted because of one man's actions. It's heartbreaking.

So Melissa use to be a manager at McDonald's and left her job on May 30, 2013. Wonder if that is the McDonald's they were to meet at thinking she knew employees there and felt safer that way?

Why is her cousin so sure that she's in the water?? What does she know that we don't?

I think the abc article linked above has some comments that answer your question, or at least fairly closely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back