Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Media reports say a small amount. But it's also described as a trail. I wonder also how much and where.

I need to find out how much law enforcement is ok with sharing at this point. What I've already shared here is public info already. Let me get back to you.

There is a concerning amount, but not a fatal amount. There is a sink, but the blood trail leads to the door, not the bathroom.

I also read something about blood being on a dowel. Can you elaborate if you know?

Yes that article Razz just posted, L3 exec, same man Pmerle00 thought could be connected.

Pure speculation on my part. A friend gave me the link to an article on the other guy. It just sounds so similar to me. Except the camping gear purchases.

One of the searches was a neighboring property because the "dogs" hit on something there. Can you elaborate at all?

I wonder if it was so obvious that his wife saw it and called 911. If my husband were not at home and it wasn't immediately obvious where he was I would not worry immediately. Guys piddle around with stuff, might be at a neighbor's. But if she opened the shop and saw blood I can see being worried.

It wouldn't be like Papaw to not be accessible. Not answering phone calls, vehicle in place, nothing obvious disturbed. Then with the blood also, a concerning amount. The combo prompted the 911 call.

But how did she get in? MC left them in the shop. Unless she had another key but the shed was dark and locked up.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They have multiple keys. Not 100% sure, but I think one is on her car keys as well.

Good thinking... Is there some way to run his license number through somewhere to see if it has been used for that? I'd like to ask the sheriff for specific action when possible.
It should be on the receipt w/ the make up.

Welcome Pmerle- I am so glad you joined us here. These threads/cases get a lot more attention when we have a family member/acquaintance here to help us out so we welcome your input.

Michael just looks to me like a friendly teddy bear kind of a guy, I guess that's why his case has captured my attention and I am drawn to his disappearance. Could you tell us about his lifestyle, typical day, likes, dislikes? Maybe that info will give us a bit more info. How is his wife holding up?

Once again, glad to have you with us. We all want to help bring him home asap.

(And please understand that you don't have to answer any questions that you are uncomfortable with.)

Happy to answer anything I can.

Papaw is a "typical" fireman type - patient with people, quick to act or react to situations, loves kids and grandkids and great grandkids, bad knees, strong physically, sharp mentally...

Lifestyle-wise, he loves working on his classic cars in the shop, going to car shows, he cooks, he watches sports, he chops firewood, does maintenance on their land... obviously shops and does errands sometimes. :)

I'm not sure what he dislikes. From when I was a kid and would sometimes get in trouble, I remember dishonesty being a big no-no. Besides that I can't think of a time I saw or heard him express dislike. I'll see if I can get more from others on that part.

My Becca is doing her best to be strong right now. Mostly she's just lost. Papaw is a lot of her strength, her world. Accordingly, she's crushed a lot of the time, even when looking back at all the happiness in their lives. She's doing good though. I'm very proud of her.

Good thinking... Is there some way to run his license number through somewhere to see if it has been used for that? I'd like to ask the sheriff for specific action when possible.
Pmerle00: I originally asked that thinking he may have had his d.l. out of his wallet to show for a purchase he may have made for a decongestant. But, it may not be a bad idea to check to see if his dl was used after he disappeared for that purpose.

No. Papaw had 2 daughters with his first wife. He and Becca have 2 sons.
So, are you the daughter of one of the daughters from his 1st marriage? Does everyone get along? Is your blood grandmother,
(Papaw's 1st wife) still in the picture?

There is a concerning amount, but not a fatal amount. There is a sink, but the blood trail leads to the door, not the bathroom.
Anything found that he may have been hit with? Any blood on the shed doorknob? And no blood outside the shed at all?

It would have to be LE to give you that information. And I believe when your license is ran for that purpose, it's the DEA who has the database. I THINK.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I need to find out how much law enforcement is ok with sharing at this point. What I've already shared here is public info already. Let me get back to you.

Maybe invite them to send someone here.

I have a few questions but I really won't ask. I think this family is going thru enough and the questions seem unrelated. I pray for all of you.

I have a few questions but I really won't ask. I think this family is going thru enough and the questions seem unrelated. I pray for all of you.

This family wants answers I am sure. If you think your question may help I'm sure they don't mind:). They can choose to answer or not.

Or left them knowing that if they were found, people would realize that he was missing.

I like this theory. "Oh, darn. I grabbed my license instead of my ATM card."

Or maybe he took his license because they were going to the bank where he could withdraw a substantial amount but on the way MC refused. I wonder if LE has checked surveillance videos at banks. Even looking at vehicles that pulled in and left soon after.

With them living somewhat out in the country, would it be plausible to think someone came to him saying they needed help or had some sorta medical emergency & MC went to aid & that's when something nefarious happened?
I agree with others saying the missing drivers license makes my mind go to a real life "Breaking Bad" situation, like someone needed an I.D. to purchase behind the counter type allergy meds to manufacture illegal drugs. I'd definitely have LE check with DEA & check the area for possible meth labs.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

But why? What was the purpose of
an unknown perp following him into the shed and then taking him..... where?

It doesn't sound like a meth head. Whoever it was was pretty careful and deliberate. Closing up his shop, putting the garage doors down, turning off the lights and then locking the door ( probably by turning the little button or knob in the center of the doorhandle) and then leaving the keys behind.

The granddaughter (I'm having a hard time remembering her WS
name) wondered if the deadbolt was in place but how could it be
if they went out the door. Oh. Maybe they locked and deadbolted the door and went out through the garage doors.

And if they hurt MC and or incapacitated him why not go through his house and take stuff there? And his tools?

Why not make it look like a robbery gone bad.... but the scene doesn't suggest that. So what was the motive? If we can figure a motive,
maybe, just maybe we can find MC.

Also, can't the police retrieve calls,
texts and messages through the phone carrier? That could well be fruitful as he may have communicated with someone other than his wife that day. I'd check records for 2 months prior to his disappearance to see if there are some unknown phone numbers.

I'm still looking into the deadbolt piece. The garage doors are a possibility for exit, but not likely given certain non-public details of the scene. (sorry, I'm as frustrated as y'all are with not being able to share info)

Glad you brought up the phone messages, call logs, etc. We have downloaded and sent to LE their records (not sure how many months). The problem is, he has an iPhone, and it's not backed up to their cloud account. So any messages sent FROM an iPhone TO his own iPhone aren't recorded anywhere except on his phone, which is missing. This to me is a HUGE hole in the evidence. Does anyone know how we can get a log of iMessages sent between iPhones? Not contents of the messages, necessarily, but just like on your phone bill - a list of numbers sent/received. I have asked the sheriff to see if Apple would provide this, but not sure if they followed up. If there's a way to do it, I'd love to know.

I wonder how he opened the garage doors from the outside? Did he have to unlock those too?

Good question. I'm not sure, I will look into this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl