Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope what I am doing is helpful! If there is a better/preferred way of going through this forum, let me know. I'm willing to change/modify/whatever to help y'all think this through with me.

I am going through these to answer in order.

Some things, I hope you all understand, I cannot share at this point in the investigation. That is frustrating for me. It is frustrating for you. I am checking with LE to see if I CAN share some things that aren't public knowledge, so bear with me as they get me answers so I can get you information.

I really appreciate all of your questions and input. It is at LEAST helping me ask more questions of LE. :-)

It's so, so kind of you to be here pmerle, posting and brainstorming. Not everyone could do it in the same situation, but I love that you are taking a can-do, hands-on approach to finding out where Papaw is. Hugs to you and your family!

I have many questions, but here are a few...kind of scattered (sorry).

The police seem to think that the 'incident' happened between noon and 3-ish, as that is when a neighbor came home. But couldn't something have happened later when they were in the house? Or were they doing chores or kids playing outside after that?

I presume that they didn't own any dogs or other pets?

It has been said that Papaw was known to carry cash. Who was it known to? Just family? Broader? Did he pay using cash at Wal-Mart? Could someone have seen a large stack of bills or was it really that much in his wallet?

What is the orientation of the shed? i.e. were the large garage doors facing the road? was the regular door facing the back? Is it a dirt driveway to the shed?

Was Papaw's hat in the shed in its usual place?

How many classic cars were on the property?

Where is the mail picked up? Were they expecting any deliveries?

Regarding actions needing ID...would buying weapons be on this list? (Although it sounds like there were weapons on the property there for the taking.)

Sorry for so many questions! Don't feel compelled to answer them all.

Ask away. Anything, even something that seems unrelated, could help trigger something else that helps us find answers. I will answer what I can, and ask LE or the family about the rest.

I actually think since I posted that most of my questions have been answered. Particularly about their financial situation. I know firefighters have decent pensions and good benefits but it certainly isn't something that makes you wealthy. I know someone who is into classic cars as well as racing and they have commented that people seem to believe they are very wealthy to be able to have those hobbies when actually they give up a lot of other things because that is their priority.
I have your family in my thoughts. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through.

Hey All, I think it would be a good idea to keep a very detailed timeline where all the answers to these questions can be found in one place.
I'll do it unless someone else wants to.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I actually think since I posted that most of my questions have been answered. Particularly about their financial situation. I know firefighters have decent pensions and good benefits but it certainly isn't something that makes you wealthy. I know someone who is into classic cars as well as racing and they have commented that people seem to believe they are very wealthy to be able to have those hobbies when actually they give up a lot of other things because that is their priority.
I have your family in my thoughts. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through.

The thing about the money and finances is that $5 can be a lot of money to someone jonesing for a fix. Our concepts of "wealthy" may not be the same to others. A wad of ones may seem like a wad of hundreds to someone trying to get something that they think they need. So I feel your questions are very valid.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Hey All, I think it would be a good idea to keep a very detailed timeline where all the answers to these questions can be found in one place.

Excellent idea!

The thing about the money and finances is that $5 can be a lot of money to someone jonesing for a fix. Our concepts of "wealthy" may not be the same to others. A wad of ones may seem like a wad of hundreds to someone trying to get something that they think they need. So I feel your questions are very valid.

Very true. I was just having this conversation with an old college roommate who came and stayed with us for a week. It was in the context of my and my husbands income as compared to her and her husbands and our homes cost/ size comparisons. I am near DC so our homes are extremely pricey in comparison to the midwest where she lives. We have more income but they can afford much more because of location. Neither of us are wealthy by any stretch (in my opinion, as you said, many might see it differently).
IMO, anyone who would hurt another just isn't rational and I think it makes it hard for us "regular" people to wrap our thoughts around it.

I had already started one, but I'm at work and won't be able to finish is until later this afternoon or evening. But, if someone else wants to take a crack at it I am happy to send them what I have so far.

I had already started one, but I'm at work and won't be able to finish is until later this afternoon or evening. But, if someone else wants to take a crack at it I am happy to send them what I have so far.
No, you go ahead! And I don't think it needs to be completed by tonight. Take your time. There are
lots of answers to our questions.
Thank you!

I'm still looking into the deadbolt piece. The garage doors are a possibility for exit, but not likely given certain non-public details of the scene. (sorry, I'm as frustrated as y'all are with not being able to share info)

Glad you brought up the phone messages, call logs, etc. We have downloaded and sent to LE their records (not sure how many months). The problem is, he has an iPhone, and it's not backed up to their cloud account. So any messages sent FROM an iPhone TO his own iPhone aren't recorded anywhere except on his phone, which is missing. This to me is a HUGE hole in the evidence. Does anyone know how we can get a log of iMessages sent between iPhones? Not contents of the messages, necessarily, but just like on your phone bill - a list of numbers sent/received. I have asked the sheriff to see if Apple would provide this, but not sure if they followed up. If there's a way to do it, I'd love to know.

As far as I know if police subpoena Apple they can retrieve the contacts the iMessages were sent to, but not the content of the messages themselves.

HTH

Some info about it https://theintercept.com/2016/09/28/apple-logs-your-imessage-contacts-and-may-share-them-with-police/

I think the idea of someone saying they needed help is plausible, but then what about the blood in the shop?

I really think the idea of checking for activity of any sort on his DL is a good one. Whether it was the perpetrator or someone who found it, it would be a clue. So far, I am asking them to look into: controlled drugs, hotels, liquor stores, ATMs, their bank. What else is tied to a DL??

I had a thought about the DL, that someone may have taken it to use themselves to withdraw money at a drive thru bank. But if there has been no bank activity then they chickened out.

You said they have 2 sons, is there any problem with either of them? Except for losing their father. Forgive me if I am casting doubt on a favorite uncle. Just asking a question to get a picture.

As far as I know if police subpoena Apple they can retrieve the contacts the iMessages were sent to, but not the content of the messages themselves.

HTH

Some info about it https://theintercept.com/2016/09/28/apple-logs-your-imessage-contacts-and-may-share-them-with-police/

Thank you so much!!!!
n130.gif

I am sure this was already asked and I probably skimmed over it, but did your PaPaw typically keep his DL separate or did he usually keep it in his wallet.

OK, I have a long document that shows timeline, circumstances of disappearance, environment/locale, victim, etc. Based on what we know so far.
What is the best way to share it?

ETA: oh, and how can we continue to update it?

Thanks for any advice!

OK, I have a long document that shows timeline, circumstances of disappearance, environment/locale, victim, etc. Based on what we know so far.

Thanks for any advice!
You might ask a mod to put it at the beginning of the thread. I don't know but they maybe able to add things.

Thanks for any advice!

For another case, we have a DropBox folder, and posted the link.

The dowel could have been used for many things - a cheater bar to prop something open is my best guess, but I am NOT a car person, so don't quote me on that.

No evidence that he cut himself on something he was working on (no blood on any other tools, etc.).

I believe there were neighbors that were home and outside all day, but not his immediate neighbors.

We have the bills with the messages/call logs under their plan. The issue is, with Apple phones, when you send or receive a message and you are connected to wifi, it is NOT charged to your carrier and there is not a record of it with the carrier. Hence the debacle about how to get a log of those if the phone in question wasn't backed up to the cloud.
I was reading this and it made me think: would he have used the dowel to prop open a car hood?

And maybe somehow it came loose he got his head banged by the hood.

1). Have the hoods of cars been checked for blood? Head wounds can bleed pretty good. Could be he became disoriented and walked away.

2). What did you mean that by keeping his wallet and keys in the same place, it protects his wife? Not sure I understand that one.

3). Did the crime scene techs dust the shed, door handles, light fixtures, billfold? If so were they able to lift any prints?

4.) What did you mean about having to go through a gate to get to the road.

5). Anyplace in the nearby area where he could have gone and not been found and maybe he succumbed to his injury?

6). Someone here asked about your Papaw's hat. Was it hanging somewhere in the shed or does it appear he may have been wearing it. Does he usually hang it up?

7). The deadbolt: did that require another key to lock or unlock? And was it locked when Becca went to the shed.

8). Is he good about keeping his phone charged? Does he frequently run out of juice.

9). Was anyone able to get a ringtone when dialing his #?
When did the phone go dark?

10). Does he have WiFi in the shed?

11). Does he normally listen to the radio or play music while out in the shed?

That's enough for today on my end.

Can you tell us what was on the property a few doors down that the dogs hit on?

Is the shop in the backyard where you have to go through the house or over/through a fence to access it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry TXBorn! I just realized that you were a new poster here! Great questions in your first posts. More heads are always better than fewer!

:Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member